• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

pit pull threat removal - advice requested

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Not cool.....one of my 5 neighbors poisoned both of my dogs.....and now the neighbors can't understand why I dont talk with or acknowledge any of them.
We had somebody try to poison our dog when we lived in the carib. It was a common thing to do: poison the dog, come back days later to rob the joint. Fortunately our dog was previously a street dog and wise to that shit. He would never eat something offered by somebody else. Hell, half the time he would spit out what we gave him and inspect it first.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Another method would be to use that humane trap...and take a ride. Just you and your four-legged temporary friend.

Hundreds of miles...and let the damn thing out, side of the road.

Let someone ELSE take the dog in to the pound, THERE.

You'll never see it again. I would bet a month's wages.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Why take a neighborhood problem and transfer it to someone else? That is not a solution at all. Its called passing the buck.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Another method would be to use that humane trap...and take a ride. Just you and your four-legged temporary friend.

That's about the most cruel thing you could do.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Obviously you are late to the party. Previous posts mine especially are far more cruel.

andial

Stable
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
how about this plan --

go to owners and tell them what happened

request that they stop letting killer run loose in the hood

reinforce the request with threats, specific gov/court threats and vague threats of crazy

if they continue, take dog out and deal with fallout

what would worst case fallout be? animal cruelty fine?
Agree with this strategy, then start throwing the rocks/stones at the dog with intent.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Maybe.

We've ruled out shooting; poisoning; drowning is risky for getting caught.

The dog is a menace and the owner apparently likes it that way. My concern is not for the dog but for the poster who NEEDS to remove the dog, for his own personal safety.

Sadly, if you go to a dog pound three counties over, and try to drop off a dog, they'll want to know who the hell you are; and that's when you run the risk of arrest.

I shed no tears for a dangerous dog that has attacked in the past, that the neighbor keeps FOR that reason.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
are your neighbors aware of this dog and his owner?

has anyone else in your nice neighborhood been terrorized by the dog or just you?

not sure. laying low until make decisions on removing threat

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Agree with this strategy, then start throwing the rocks/stones at the dog with intent.

threw an aluminum bat at it last night - it hauled ass toward home, pausing for a second to talk sh-t. so i came again, and it scurried away to home

until i decide, i'm building an imaginary wall for the dog to protect the brother of chickensnack

dog crosses the line i'm going to turn it around - no sign of it tonight. i wonder if last night's action didnt change something with the owner's procedures

chickensnack was a world class mouser -- would spend countless hours tracking a single mouse/rat. i'm trying to draw my strength/discipline from his

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
That's really terrible - you lose a pet that's also a useful member of the team, for a nuisance animal that a cretin keeps to compensate for his little penis.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
That's really terrible - you lose a pet that's also a useful member of the team, for a nuisance animal that a cretin keeps to compensate for his little penis.

yeah, bad news all around. snack been living here for years -- new people move in and dead

Last edited:

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
breaking the news to my daughter tomorrow morning. snack was her baby. not going to be pretty.
My wife lost a couple cats to poison and truck fan blades, when she was a kid. Her dad told her they were abducted by aliens. Might be easier...

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
that's a good one. beat the farm story!

cameo

Silver Miner
Reaction score
How about getting after the root cause of the problem instead of going after a dog that`s only doing what most dogs DO !!!
It doesn`t a genius to know a dog CANNOT form malicious intent ......... CANNOT reason one iota ........... and can only think to a very LIMITED degree .......... Yet fools go after the dog ..... and NOT the owner who made him into a vicious killer !!!

That`s liberal thinking in the extreme !!! We let chronic murderers, serial criminals. and child rapists/molesters LIVE, but if your dog bites someone , the fucken brain dead liberals are screaming for the death penalty ........... for the dog, who is the REAL VICTIM HERE !!!

I agree that SOMETHING has to be done about the dog in order to protect society, but it definitely should be within the bounds of humanity and compassion for an animal that hasn`t a clue ....... and for the justice system to go after the human owner in a RABID fashion and forbid him from ever owning another animal of ANY kind !!

Anything less simply puts the human race in the same category as Joseph Stalin or Adolph Hitler ............ PERIOD !!! Screaming for the animals blood is just plain stupid ........ it`s mob mentality !! I`ve yet to be sickened more than by some of the posts I`ve read in this thread !!!

All they`re REALLY saying is "KILL .. KILL ....KILL "

Last edited:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Stalin.........Hitler................save the drama for your mama frances...........lol

The neighbor wont keep his mean dog in, you cant shoot the owner without consequences, so you kill the dog. Its seems pretty cut and dried to me.

This from the guy who would be happy if the cops kill every black person in 'merica, but gets a case of the ass when we talk a little animal damage control..........

:belly laugh:

If you were my neighbor id kick your ass for being stupid.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Some wanna-be gangster in the next town will give you a few bucks for it and you won't have to drive as far

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Any poisons you buy today are a fraction of the potency they sold 20 years ago. I've heard of guys pulverizing glass and mixing with hamburger. Cruel solution plus the risk of killing non- target animal.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've read through this thread and I'm disappointed in a lot of folks here.

I have a similar situation to the OP. We have a bunch of box turtles in a turtle pen, in our back yard. Several years ago I started finding our box turtles in our yard and NOT in the turtle pen. So I set up some game cameras and discovered we had raccoons coming into our yard at night. I was shocked that there were coons in town. Well it wasn't long before I found my favorite turtle Yeller Head in our bird bath slaughtered, beheaded, dismembered, in a pool of bloody water. I was enraged. So I then set up a trap. I went from thinking coons were cute little masked creatures that clean their food to someone who now LOATHES raccoons.

Yeller Head. My male turtle who was the Casanova of turtles. All of my female turtles loved him and hung around with him. Not so with every other "horn dog" male turtles I've ever had.

https://flic.kr/p/oZ7bKq
The son of a bitch that killed Yeller Head

https://flic.kr/p/cCc9K5

We've on occasion had some other turtles killed. I've got different raccoon traps now. Discovered that they find peanuts irresistible. I have to set mice traps to kill the mice, that like to raid my raccoon traps. I've got a system, and it works, and undesirable critters that come on my property WILL be dealt with. I'm not going to go into details with what happens to these raccoons but suffice it to say they will NEVER return.

AUnut

Seeker
Reaction score

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Revenge that takes place far in the future, after the offending party has forgotten how they wronged someone, is much more satisfying.I never forgot the way he bullied and humiliated me in high school, but I chose to bide my time. Ten years later, my global corporation bought his family's puny company exploited it for everything it was worth, leaving him penniless. It's true what they say—revenge is a dish best served cold.
THIS!!!!!
When I first started dating my DW, I had a brand new car. (after marriage, those go away)She was living in a complex without designated parking. Apparently, someone thought I used their spot, and keyed 3 panels of my car. I watched that spot, and figured(easily) who the "perp" was. I waited better than a year. One night, the DW & I went out to see a play. We got back, at midnight and it had just started snowing. We were going to get 8 inches of snow. I went out with my pellet gun, and dusted 3 of his windows( amazing how weak glass really is) Next morning, I went out to see my handy work. He was standing next to his car, which was now filled with snow. I walked up to him and asked what happened? He said he didn't know. I hopped into my still key scratched car, and went home. He moved out two weeks later.
Message sent.

andial

Stable
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
threw an aluminum bat at it last night - it hauled ass toward home, pausing for a second to talk sh-t. so i came again, and it scurried away to home

until i decide, i'm building an imaginary wall for the dog to protect the brother of chickensnack

dog crosses the line i'm going to turn it around - no sign of it tonight. i wonder if last night's action didnt change something with the owner's procedures

chickensnack was a world class mouser -- would spend countless hours tracking a single mouse/rat. i'm trying to draw my strength/discipline from his
EO just an FYI if you take my advice and start throwing rocks at the dog start off throwing hard and purposely missing the dog. The velocity of the rock banging off the street or a tree will be enough to scare the crap out of it sometimes. You might notice his ears holding tight to it's head and a little bit of a tail between the legs as he runs off. Now you have the upper hand, the dog thinks you're the menace.

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
We've on occasion had some other turtles killed. I've got different raccoon traps now. Discovered that they find peanuts irresistible. I have to set mice traps to kill the mice, that like to raid my raccoon traps. I've got a system, and it works, and undesirable critters that come on my property WILL be dealt with. I'm not going to go into details with what happens to these raccoons but suffice it to say they will NEVER return.

Raccoons and opossums are a big problem for those who keep ducks and chickens. Do you have any problems with opossums going after your turtles?

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This has probably been discussed at some point, but I must have missed it. Here is my question: Was Kitty (cute little cat) on your property when he was killed? Or did he roam? I have a little cat that I don’t let roam around the neighborhood, for various reasons. Number one is cars. I’ve seen quite a number of dead cats on the road around my neighborhood, several of whom look a lot like my little buddy (tortoise shell) and it makes me think of my cat being squished by a car. Sad thought. Number two is other animals. We have coyotes, first of all. Some of the roaming cats in my neighborhood have disappeared, the past couple of years and they aren’t the ones I saw on the road; they’re just gone. I blame the coyotes. I can hear them little bastards at night, crying and howling.

We don’t have a stray dog problem around here, for the most part. It’s very rare to see a stray. The new neighbors across the street have a couple of Pitties, but they have an electronic fence set up to keep them on their property. They are new, though and time will tell if they’re a problem at all. I’m thinking of carrying a small, light 38 while I’m mowing, for awhile anyway, just in case they aren’t so nice and decide that pesky electronic fence isn’t so confining.

The neighbors, next door, are real sweethearts. They have a couple dogs around all the time. They did have to put their coon hound down, a couple years ago, because she bit a neighbor who came to their door. I blame the neighbor more than the coon hound though. She was mostly a sweet natured dog. I was over on their property a number of times and she was never squirrelly with me, but their “Dad,” Gary was always around. Maybe that was the difference.

I have two Australian Shepherds, about fifty pounds apiece. They’re good dogs and they listen to me; both of them snap-to when I tell them anything at all. But, they’re funny around strangers, so I do not let them run by themselves. They are either in the house or out in the dog run ( six foot chain link fence, 600 square feet) by themselves. If they go out front, I am there with them. If we walk the road, they are on leash.

Anyway, I’m sorry. I have no advice at all on how to handle your situation. I can only say that, if your animal was killed on your property, I would get in this guy’s face. Politely at first, to get his reaction. If he was nice back and apologetic, maybe he would fix the problem, himself. If he’s an asshole, then we have a whole new problem. It ain’t the dog, it’s a jerk neighbor. And I would act accordingly.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Raccoons and opossums are a big problem for those who keep ducks and chickens. Do you have any problems with opossums going after your turtles?

No, no possums in NM. But we do have chickens too. So far we've had no issues with the chickens but we do lock them up in a coop every night.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
We have had a coon in the back yard. Got a suet feeder up in the tree that he knocked out and attempted to eat the lard.

Finally gave up and decided it wasn't worth all that effort.

He did shit in the yard however. Bastard.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
This has probably been discussed at some point, but I must have missed it. Here is my question: Was Kitty (cute little cat) on your property when he was killed? Or did he roam? I have a little cat that I don’t let roam around the neighborhood, for various reasons. Number one is cars. I’ve seen quite a number of dead cats on the road around my neighborhood, several of whom look a lot like my little buddy (tortoise shell) and it makes me think of my cat being squished by a car. Sad thought. Number two is other animals. We have coyotes, first of all. Some of the roaming cats in my neighborhood have disappeared, the past couple of years and they aren’t the ones I saw on the road; they’re just gone. I blame the coyotes. I can hear them little bastards at night, crying and howling.

We don’t have a stray dog problem around here, for the most part. It’s very rare to see a stray. The new neighbors across the street have a couple of Pitties, but they have an electronic fence set up to keep them on their property. They are new, though and time will tell if they’re a problem at all. I’m thinking of carrying a small, light 38 while I’m mowing, for awhile anyway, just in case they aren’t so nice and decide that pesky electronic fence isn’t so confining.

The neighbors, next door, are real sweethearts. They have a couple dogs around all the time. They did have to put their coon hound down, a couple years ago, because she bit a neighbor who came to their door. I blame the neighbor more than the coon hound though. She was mostly a sweet natured dog. I was over on their property a number of times and she was never squirrelly with me, but their “Dad,” Gary was always around. Maybe that was the difference.

I have two Australian Shepherds, about fifty pounds apiece. They’re good dogs and they listen to me; both of them snap-to when I tell them anything at all. But, they’re funny around strangers, so I do not let them run by themselves. They are either in the house or out in the dog run ( six foot chain link fence, 600 square feet) by themselves. If they go out front, I am there with them. If we walk the road, they are on leash.

Anyway, I’m sorry. I have no advice at all on how to handle your situation. I can only say that, if your animal was killed on your property, I would get in this guy’s face. Politely at first, to get his reaction. If he was nice back and apologetic, maybe he would fix the problem, himself. If he’s an asshole, then we have a whole new problem. It ain’t the dog, it’s a jerk neighbor. And I would act accordingly.

chickensnack was killed in my next door neighbor's yard

his range was three small yards - mine and two to the south connecting - about 200 feet total

the two neighbors were his friends and allowed him unfettered access to their property. i've shown them some of the mice/rats he's removed - and they appreciated him doing that. i guess in human terms you could say he was an invited guest or had approved access

as of yet i havent done anything other than scare the dog away two nights ago. this thread/conversation is helping me reason/cope during a tough time

thanks to everyone that has posted

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
chickensnack was killed in my next door neighbor's yard

his range was three small yards - mine and two to the south connecting - about 200 feet total

the two neighbors were his friends and allowed him unfettered access to their property. i've shown them some of the mice/rats he's removed - and they appreciated him doing that. i guess in human terms you could say he was an invited guest or had approved access

as of yet i havent done anything other than scare the dog away two nights ago. this thread/conversation is helping me reason/cope during a tough time

thanks to everyone that has posted
I know the feeling. Good on you for doing the right thing and not rushing into action.

Remember:
Screenshot_20210417-192944~2.png

Last edited:

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have had a coon in the back yard. Got a suet feeder up in the tree that he knocked out and attempted to eat the lard.

Finally gave up and decided it wasn't worth all that effort.

He did shit in the yard however. Bastard.

DO NOT let your pets mess with coon shit. They harbor some kind of ring worm that will make them sick as hell. If you want a good coon trap get one of these....... https://www.acehardware.com/departm...nimal-Control_Other_Other&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

TN_Preacher

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
EO, be careful when dealing with people like this. My B-I-L had a similar situation with a neighbor up in the TN mountain where he lived. He went to speak with the neighbor and at first the neighbor denied his dog was on my B-I-L's property. When finally proven it was his dog, the neighbor essentially said that if his dog was killed, he would would kill the one who did it. I don't think his elevator went to the top floor. He did keep his dog fenced in after that, but we did discuss using a paintball gun with red dye on the dog, to send a subtle message.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
That`s one of the cruelest things I`ve ever seen .......

Well you havent seen much then have ya.............

To set dog proofs, put a bit of cat food under the trigger, set it and put the stake end in a hole you made with a dowel or stake. be sure your trap is staked well, or tied off, like you were trapping buffalo (coons are tough). Toss a few pieces of catfood on the ground close to the trap. Put 1 drop of peppermint or fish, or cherry oil (jelly will work too) on the lip of the trap.

There you go.

catfood mixed with canned mackeral works as well, but will nasty up your trap, which will require cleaning between catches.

Dog proofs are a great tool in any trappers gear.

They catch skunks too.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score

I dont bait my dog proofs as heavy as this guy, but you get the idea. I dont believe in feeding the wildlife.