• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Please humor me while I gripe

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I'm doing my best to 'not participate', at least for the moment...

Homey Don't Play Dat...
You have to play
It's not like you can jump off the spinning record just 'cause the RPM keeps going up.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You have to play
It's not like you can jump off the spinning record just 'cause the RPM keeps going up.
certainly not until I'm room temperature but in the mean time, I can mitigate their damage to me by limiting my participation...when I do participate, double down

buy two or three of everything, figure out my projects and buy enough, at the same time, to finish the two

and from now on, i'm planning on my 'fight' with anyone who confronts me...just the verbal aspect, see if I can have two or more stories to pull from as I spin my aggressor...

i'm kinda sadistic that way...fk with the fools kinda guy

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
We dumped Sat. TV & went to internet, streaming, for old TV programs & NO commercials/news !! Entertainment ONLY , 6 pm to 10 pm !
Sheriff Andy Taylor in Mayberry, actually shot in Mt. Airey, N.C. We have been there, to Floyds Barber shop , the jail & Aunt Bee's pie shop !
And don't forget Barney, with his one bullet in his shirt pocket !!! :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I got too many books to have any time left over for tv.
I got about 3,000 paperback sci-fi books, that, when I dig up an old one to read, I can't remember a damn thing about it — like it's a new story. So I'm fixed. I have previously documented some of my comix collection and I love goin thu those old magazines.
That's just the comix and sci-fi collection. I got tons of 'other' books (ya know, the kind ya gotta read).
Wife unit watches Vietnam TV daily. We have about 500 DVDs of varied subjects.
And when it's not raining out I'm tinkerin.

I donno, tv's always been pretty low on my priority list.
BF

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Stopped watching the news. Feel much better now.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Whos got some hopium for sale? dis town been dry for a week now

Good hopium too, not that bullshit that wares off in 15 minutes :zombie:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

Hivemindgammahydra7

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Don't beat yourself up people are walking around with masks on we're living in a psycho ward.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine
I added that in there to give my post some gravitas.
Amen! Our world has lost its mind...

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
B23B8E37-F5EC-4CC1-BB48-230590CC991F.jpeg
Might take while to get through the library. Paperbacks and hobby supplies are in built in cabinets on the other side of the room.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Ooooo, agavegirl — those leather bound books...
ya gots ten times what I have (just counting those in the picture)
luv those Easton Press editions

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Ooooo, agavegirl — those leather bound books...
ya gots ten times what I have (just counting those in the picture)
luv those Easton Press editions
Thanks BF, it took many years. The “Best 100 Books” each month for years, Lord of the Rings and Hobbit series as well as Sherlock Holmes adventures and Other sets separately. I’m still adding. Upset that my son lost my Don Quixote in a move of his.

ETA: I also found some in a used bookstore in Ojai CA.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
lost my Don Quixote
Like this one?

cervantes.jpg
cervantes 2.jpg

Used book stores that is where I found the majority of mine. A few (The Art of War) I purchased from the publisher.

BF

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
You can still find a lot of these in good condition on eBay.
Haven’t looked there yet. I do look in used bookstores. SoG, my library is part of my preps and part of my legacy to my children.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Amen! Our world has lost its mind...
So we know that so try to let things pass dealing with people don't become crazy yourself, we are in this fucked stage right now.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So we know that so try to let things pass dealing with people don't become crazy yourself, we are in this fucked stage right now.
Yep, focus es muy importante ahora.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Montana is still a whole lot better than LA. We have hardly noticed the Covid-19 and the riots. In Montana BLM stands for Bureau of Land Management.
View attachment 169561
Yeah, but there's still the Woke Snowflake crowd, out of the alleged "Universities." The ones just brimming over with outrage, who can't wait to share it.

In Missoula, I went with my Verizon bill to get an error straightened out. Explained it plainly to the young woman at the customer-service counter...where she proceeded to abuse me for "Mansplaining" to her. I really had a hard time not strangling the c__t...I came in because I HAVE A PROBLEM, TWIT. I don't want to hear about YOUR problems, or what you don't like about me. Which seems to be about my skin color (same as hers) and my generation (#OkBoomer) and "gender" (which she was making an assumption about, of course...).

Just out today...same schitt on the roads as always. Huge, hulking, loud, lifted Bro-Dozer pick-em-up trucks outnumber cars; and the drivers invariably seem in a complete daze. Right here in my apartment complex, I have seen one of these Bro-Dozer jockeys take almost five minutes, just getting into a parking spot.

ALWAYS they're driven like the driver is drunk, or about to go unconscious. I've come to the conclusion that these are government employees (BLM, NPS, USFS, or the State University) who get more money than their intellect merits. It's almost a badge, those loud lifted huge trucks, some of which are rigged to "Roll Coal" with a switch.

That badge: "I BE STUPID." I'm to where I cringe when I get behind one of these tards in traffic.

No...we don't have riots...YET. Antifa organizers have been here in Missoula - I live down the block from Hotel Row, and I see the expensive out-of-state cars at the Staybridge Suites hotel, with urban blacks getting out. The county courthouse has had a mob out front for three weeks, haranguing traffic...only a matter of time until someone from Frenchtown or Hamilton comes into town and decides he's not gonna listen to that filth. It'll be GAME...ON! and the Broadway business district will burn to the ground.

I'm as depressed as the OP. I've gotten a warning or maybe a ban at another site, focusing on motorcycle tourers...after the "mod" gave me some ugly words, I logged out. I won't be going back. And it's a shame because I've been there twelve years and learned a lot from other riders...but these days, you MUST be MADE TO CARE, and in ways WE APPROVE OF, for you to participate in any sort of social or hobby discussion or activities.

I'm slowly going dark. iHave an iPhone, but iWon't take it with me, these days. They now have a HEALTH feature on the phone (installed in an OS update last week) that essentially logs your contacts. The phone does a handshake exchange of data with other Bluetooth phones - and records that phone's information.

So that the fruits at the Cupertino Fruit Company can turn it over to Contact Trackers with the Bill and Melinda Gates Crime Syndicate.

So the phone stays on my desk. I'd terminate it, but a landline costs as much. So, with no savings, I'll just use it like a landline - leaving it at home.

I dumped Face___k years ago. I never did Twatter. Photobucket locked me out of my account...now, they've partly reversed the decision (free users now can use the site, again, but there's prominent watermarks on photos) but the work in putting that stuff up there, and then taking it down...we're not doing that, twice.

The Internet and the autistic tech dweebs who control it, are amoral, annoying, ignorant...really, remove them from their coding jobs, they're just plain stump-stupid...and they're turning all of society against one another.

Time to Just Say No. Soon I'll cut the InterwebZ connection at home, and just do my thing at the local library a couple times a week.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, but there's still the Woke Snowflake crowd, out of the alleged "Universities." The ones just brimming over with outrage, who can't wait to share it.

In Missoula, I went with my Verizon bill to get an error straightened out. Explained it plainly to the young woman at the customer-service counter...where she proceeded to abuse me for "Mansplaining" to her. I really had a hard time not strangling the c__t...I came in because I HAVE A PROBLEM, TWIT. I don't want to hear about YOUR problems, or what you don't like about me. Which seems to be about my skin color (same as hers) and my generation (#OkBoomer) and "gender" (which she was making an assumption about, of course...).

Just out today...same schitt on the roads as always. Huge, hulking, loud, lifted Bro-Dozer pick-em-up trucks outnumber cars; and the drivers invariably seem in a complete daze. Right here in my apartment complex, I have seen one of these Bro-Dozer jockeys take almost five minutes, just getting into a parking spot.

ALWAYS they're driven like the driver is drunk, or about to go unconscious. I've come to the conclusion that these are government employees (BLM, NPS, USFS, or the State University) who get more money than their intellect merits. It's almost a badge, those loud lifted huge trucks, some of which are rigged to "Roll Coal" with a switch.

That badge: "I BE STUPID." I'm to where I cringe when I get behind one of these tards in traffic.

No...we don't have riots...YET. Antifa organizers have been here in Missoula - I live down the block from Hotel Row, and I see the expensive out-of-state cars at the Staybridge Suites hotel, with urban blacks getting out. The county courthouse has had a mob out front for three weeks, haranguing traffic...only a matter of time until someone from Frenchtown or Hamilton comes into town and decides he's not gonna listen to that filth. It'll be GAME...ON! and the Broadway business district will burn to the ground.

I'm as depressed as the OP. I've gotten a warning or maybe a ban at another site, focusing on motorcycle tourers...after the "mod" gave me some ugly words, I logged out. I won't be going back. And it's a shame because I've been there twelve years and learned a lot from other riders...but these days, you MUST be MADE TO CARE, and in ways WE APPROVE OF, for you to participate in any sort of social or hobby discussion or activities.

I'm slowly going dark. iHave an iPhone, but iWon't take it with me, these days. They now have a HEALTH feature on the phone (installed in an OS update last week) that essentially logs your contacts. The phone does a handshake exchange of data with other Bluetooth phones - and records that phone's information.

So that the fruits at the Cupertino Fruit Company can turn it over to Contact Trackers with the Bill and Melinda Gates Crime Syndicate.

So the phone stays on my desk. I'd terminate it, but a landline costs as much. So, with no savings, I'll just use it like a landline - leaving it at home.

I dumped Face___k years ago. I never did Twatter. Photobucket locked me out of my account...now, they've partly reversed the decision (free users now can use the site, again, but there's prominent watermarks on photos) but the work in putting that stuff up there, and then taking it down...we're not doing that, twice.

The Internet and the autistic tech dweebs who control it, are amoral, annoying, ignorant...really, remove them from their coding jobs, they're just plain stump-stupid...and they're turning all of society against one another.

Time to Just Say No. Soon I'll cut the InterwebZ connection at home, and just do my thing at the local library a couple times a week.
On one hand you say, "The Internet and the autistic tech dweebs who control it, are amoral, annoying, ignorant...really, remove them from their coding jobs, they're just plain stump-stupid...and they're turning all of society against one another."

And on another say, " I really had a hard time not strangling the c__t..."

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I dunno.

When you go into a business because THEY made a MISTAKE, and then the Customer Service person starts abusing you, with references to your hated sex, your hated skin color, and, unstated but evident in her hatred, your generation...do you think that's appropriate?

Actually, it doesn't matter. I am the customer and I do not think it's appropriate. Unfortunately, now as the cell-phone industry has matured and consolidated, customer options are limited. But I keep my spending to a minimum, and my abiding hatred for Verizon and the dweeb kids who work there, will be with me for the rest of my life.

Is that how you build corporate goodwill?

Is that what you expect when you patronize a business?

I don't NEED a cellphone. Terminating mine is a serious step, and precludes gig work I'm hoping to do more of...but I'll live.

Verizon may not. They were not always there; and someone better may come and take their place, just as they swallowed up AllTel and the other smaller companies.

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Your generation took a perfect society and shit the bed in it. Your generation decided to let millions of non-whites flood into America every year. Non-whites who have no common heritage, culture, religion, history, or respect for Western Civilization. Now we must pay the price of living in this crazy world, all because of your insane hippy vibes.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Your generation took a perfect society and shit the bed in it. Your generation decided to let millions of non-whites flood into America every year. Non-whites who have no common heritage, culture, religion, history, or respect for Western Civilization. Now we must pay the price of living in this crazy world, all because of your insane hippy vibes.
Sure. My generation.

My generation FOUGHT Communism. In Vietnam, and then standing down Gorbachev. My generation were Yuppies - obnoxious, yes; but they CELEBRATED success.

Today's young people fight FOR Communism. They know not what they do.

The previous generation gave us fiat money and launched the 1970s inflation. My generation was the Reagan Revolution - a 26-year expansion of the economy, with living standards dramatically increasing. Only as the Millennials started entering the public sphere as adults, did we get a slow shift from a production economy to a financialized, debt-based Potemkin economy.

But just as blacks blame whites for their problems, of their own makings, Millennials and the young Stupids got to blame Boomers for the harsh realities of thirty years of reckless liberal financialized economics.

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Sure. My generation.

My generation FOUGHT Communism. In Vietnam, and then standing down Gorbachev. My generation were Yuppies - obnoxious, yes; but they CELEBRATED success.

Today's young people fight FOR Communism. They know not what they do.

The previous generation gave us fiat money and launched the 1970s inflation. My generation was the Reagan Revolution - a 26-year expansion of the economy, with living standards dramatically increasing. Only as the Millennials started entering the public sphere as adults, did we get a slow shift from a production economy to a financialized, debt-based Potemkin economy.

But just as blacks blame whites for their problems, of their own makings, Millennials and the young Stupids got to blame Boomers for the harsh realities of thirty years of reckless liberal financialized economics.
you are correct, it was actually the 'greatest' generation that screwed us all over, Ted Kennedy, FDR, and LBJ in particular. I have great respect the Vietnam Vets for fighting communism. But meanwhile, communists were taking over the Dem party and our institutions here at home. FDR had entrenched the commies in our government way back in the 30s. The young genrations are completely brainwashed and truly scary in their ignorance and evil hatred.

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
You bring up a good point. All too often we associate the boomers with hippies that were running wild back then, when in fact , and correct me if I'm wrong, most of the boomer generation weren't a part of the hippy movement. The media probably just wanted everyone to think they all were. I wonder if something similar can be said of the younger generations today. The ones out running wild tearing down statues may represent only 10% or so of the younger generation but they get all the attention and the media spins it as though the entire generation is united behind BLM and other insanity. I would really like to know the truth about this and I apologize for lumping all boomers into the hippy movement. The 1965 immigration act destroyed america and i have much resentment and hatred for the leftists in control in the 60s.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
You bring up a good point. All too often we associate the boomers with hippies that were running wild back then, when in fact , and correct me if I'm wrong, most of the boomer generation weren't a part of the hippy movement. The media probably just wanted everyone to think they all were. I wonder if something similar can be said of the younger generations today. The ones out running wild tearing down statues may represent only 10% or so of the younger generation but they get all the attention and the media spins it as though the entire generation is united behind BLM and other insanity. I would really like to know the truth about this and I apologize for lumping all boomers into the hippy movement. The 1965 immigration act destroyed america and i have much resentment and hatred for the leftists in control in the 60s.
The Baby Boomers were born in the years 1946-64. Yes, the oldest Boomers were the younger of the Hippies and SDS-Weathermen.

I was twelve years old in 1970. I didn't even know what a hippie WAS. Once a year we'd have a carnival set up in the city park (our house was across the street from that park) and the amusement-ride operators hired hippies. Hair to their asses. Oddly emaciated. Weird speech...oh, wow, man. The older carnies mocked them, too. The older ones had reasonable sleeping accommodations - in truck sleepers, in their own pickup trucks they took to the jobsite. The hippies slept inside the portable merry-go-round, where they'd put a canvas tarp around the outside of it.

Anyway. When I got out of high school, 1976, the hippie-dippy thing was over. Some things seeped into the culture...pot use, for one. Free sex, for another. But mostly, we continued to bathe; and we ate better and had better bodies. And styled hair!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The Baby Boomers were born in the years 1946-64. Yes, the oldest Boomers were the younger of the Hippies and SDS-Weathermen.

I was twelve years old in 1970. I didn't even know what a hippie WAS. Once a year we'd have a carnival set up in the city park (our house was across the street from that park) and the amusement-ride operators hired hippies. Hair to their asses. Oddly emaciated. Weird speech...oh, wow, man. The older carnies mocked them, too. The older ones had reasonable sleeping accommodations - in truck sleepers, in their own pickup trucks they took to the jobsite. The hippies slept inside the portable merry-go-round, where they'd put a canvas tarp around the outside of it.

Anyway. When I got out of high school, 1976, the hippie-dippy thing was over. Some things seeped into the culture...pot use, for one. Free sex, for another. But mostly, we continued to bathe; and we ate better and had better bodies. And styled hair!
You guys gotta remember each gen has two distinct poles with a gray area between. You guys make great points but there's a lot of generalizations that sort of cloud the argument. For instance having a employed laborers, I've gotten the chance to know some Millennials and I've actually been surprised at the level of inteligence and awareness that they have. Woke Boomers (pro)create woke gen-xers and it continues down the line. There are many young people with good moral principles and traditional values.

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
There are plenty of people who get it and just don't care to get involved and continue to live their lives. when things get bad enough these people will be on our side.[/quote}
I see you edited your post immediately, so maybe this is moot.

But I don't think that all that many will be on our side. Take, for example, Dan Cathay of Chik-Fil-A...who is now groveling to the Woke imbeciles, on bended knee.

He doesn't understand that one of the reasons his fast-food operation took off so much, was that, culturally as well as with the menu, he offered something DIFFERENT.

I was in a Chik-Fil-A for the first time last September. They're not here in Montana; and in our homo-heavy city (yes, it's that way in Missoula and Bozeman) Chik-Fil-A is not welcome. But I was in Cleveland for a couple of days, and there was a CFA near my hotel - where there once was none.

I went in, and the young woman who waited on me was poised, courteous, energetic, and damned beautiful. Many of them were. They were happy to be there, and it showed. And the sandwich was very good.

And Cathay is going to throw it all away to try to appease the Woke ijits. I thought he was a Christian - the Bible teaches of the folly of trying to appease the ungodly and evil.

Others as well. Wal-Mart, which also grew by promoting traditional values...on their website, they harangue random visitors with "Here's how Walmart is fighting RAY-SISSM."

Eat a bag of phalluses, Wally World.

No, those who don't care, will just passively join the nihilists. Just as the Russians who didn't care, let Vlad and his merry band of idiots dismantle Tsarist Russia and create a dystopian hell that was to last for 80 years.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Haven’t looked there yet. I do look in used bookstores. SoG, my library is part of my preps and part of my legacy to my children.
I’m like you. I’ve built, quite honestly, a very impressive personal library from used book store buys, eBay and elsewhere. My thinking is that a lot of these old books will become unavailable in the future. Sets of books that used to be part of the canon of Western Civilization are no longer even in print, or extremely hard to find: ‘Hakluyt’s Voyages,’ which is a multiple volume chronicle, by Richard Hakluyt who personally interviewed many sailors, of English exploration in all parts of the world, Titus Livius’ ‘History of Rome,’ copies of the old Greek and Roman philosophers that woke culture now considers to be irrelevant and many more. Even works by popular brilliant writers like Mark Twain are in jeopardy of being destroyed. Somebody has to archive and care for all this history that will be lost or just eliminated by small minded fools, who think they are remaking the world in a better image by eliminating the contribution of western civilization. My only worry is that there will be people that come after me who will care enough to keep and preserve everything that I’ve built. I feel like I’m living in a Ray Bradbury novel about a destructive distopian future.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
As for my generation (just missed the Viet Nam draft by 2 months)

Marijuana was cheap. Used muscle cars from the 60s were very affordable. The girls were still lady like, not just tramps on the street and any job paid a good salary.

Veit Nam was finally over and some of us 'celebrated' (partied like maniacs) with the other young guys who were only slightly older than us who made it back.
So sue us. :shit happens: Oh, the music. How could anyone not party to that music? You would have to live like a monk in some convent to miss all that.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Thanks BF, it took many years. The “Best 100 Books” each month for years, Lord of the Rings and Hobbit series as well as Sherlock Holmes adventures and Other sets separately. I’m still adding. Upset that my son lost my Don Quixote in a move of his.

ETA: I also found some in a used bookstore in Ojai CA.
Books? Why didn't I think of that! The thought of reading a good book would scare away any nigger.

Just don't hoard a shelf full of NIKES :green tea:

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Hey my dear friend, sorry I haven't seen your post or otherwise it would have generated a phone call.

I have taken to stay in and do one thread in the trading stocks forum I do best there and get good input from other traders which is the most important

Your dilemma is not uncommon or not foreseen. I've told you in the past a bushel of apples one bad the rest good The Good apples cannot make the bad one good but the bad one can make the whole bushel go bad and will in time.

To keep it short because I know I've told you this many times before you have to leave that place you have to position yourself back in the Homeland in a defensible position.
If your in-laws want to wait for the ghouls or walking Dead to come barging into their house that is not on you they can do the smart thing and get out of there too it's not that tough and it's quite refreshing especially when all that pressure is lifted off you and you know you sitting on your land in an environment that you can and we'll defend. This is the best that you can do for your family.
sorry to be so blunt with the message but you know me and I don't know that's the way you get it I hope you're keeping well in spite of it all doesn't sound good that I'll be up in the trading forums dreads if you want to drop in otherwise call me if you need me.
Curtman

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
So turn off bluetooth.
And then, is it really off?

Does your phone quit reporting location, does the microphone shut off, when it's "turned off"? Evidence is out there that it does not.

And removing the battery in an iPhone is a bench-repair job.

I don't trust the thing. Partly, because I now no longer can trust the people who make it, who write the software, who hate me because of my skin color and political beliefs.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Does your phone quit reporting location, does the microphone shut off, when it's "turned off"? Evidence is out there that it does not.

I don't trust the thing. Partly, because I now no longer can trust the people who make it, who write the software, who hate me because of my skin color and political beliefs.
As it stands right now your information is in an I-Phone of MS or Any other maker who is dealing with Guugle.
It seems one or the other is getting your information and making $$$$$ off of you. Snitching = $$$$$$ in tech.

I don't know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch ?

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling

Get yourself a faraday pouch / bag for your phone. They're pretty cheap- a couple of bucks- and they work.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Test it. Turn it off and then use another device to see if it can see your phone via bluetooth.

Get yourself a faraday pouch / bag for your phone. They're pretty cheap- a couple of bucks- and they work.
Or just do that and when you need to use your phone, just do so when you are socially distanced from others. That way it won't see you as having been near anyone.