- May 31, 2015
Jurors find white Chicago cop guilty of second degree murder in the death of black teenager Laquan McDonald after firing at him 16 times
- Officer Jason Van Dyke sat stony-faced as he was found guilty of second degree murder and multiple charges of aggravated battery with a firearm on Friday
- During closing arguments, prosecutors pointed to dashcam video showing him shooting McDonald 16 times as the teen held a knife at his side
- Prosecutor Jody Gleason noted that Van Dyke told detectives that McDonald raised the knife, that Van Dyke backpedaled, and that McDonald tried to get up
- 'None of that happened,' she said. 'You've seen it on video. He made it up'
- Van Dyke's attorney pointed to testimony from Van Dyke's partner who said he saw McDonald raise the knife, even though the video doesn't show that