• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Police officers were reportedly asked to leave a Tempe Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
That's strange, we used to want police officers in our establishments in order to make people feel safe...
Police officers were reportedly asked to leave a Tempe Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe, sparking the #DumpStarbucks campaign

https://www.businessinsider.com/dum...ce-booted-from-tempe-arizona-starbucks-2019-7

• "#DumpStarbucks" started trending on Twitter after news surfaced that a barista at a Tempe, Arizona store reportedly asked police officers to leave because they were making customers feel unsafe.
  • The Tempe Officers Association tweeted that six police officers stopped at a Starbucks on July 4 before their shift and were approached by a barista who said a customer "did not feel safe" because of their presence and asked them to either remove themselves from the customer's line of sight or leave.
  • A spokesperson for Starbucks told USA Today that the company was gathering details about the incident and has reached out to the Tempe Police Department and the Tempe Officers Association to apologize and "better understand what happened."
A Starbucks barista at a store in Tempe, Arizona reportedly asked six police officers to leave or move out of a customer's line of sight because their presence made them feel unsafe, according to a series of tweets on Friday from the Tempe Officers Association.

Now, the hashtag "#DumpStarbucks" is trending on Twitter, after the Tempe Officers Association tweeted a logo seemingly designed in 2012 by the National Organization for Marriage to protest Starbuck's support of same-sex marriage.

The tweets from the Tempe Officers Association allege that a group of six officers, including some veterans, entered a Starbucks at Scottsdale Road and McKellips in Tempe before their July 4 shift and purchased beverages. Then, a barista asked the officers to either remove themselves from a customer's line of sight or leave the store because the customer "did not feel safe" with the officers' presence.

The officers then reportedly left the establishment. The Tempe Officers Association claims "such treatment has become all too common in 2019" and said it will "look forward to working collaboratively" with Starbucks to address the incident.

A Starbucks spokesperson told USA Today that the company was gathering details about the incident, and had reached out to the Tempe Police Department and the Tempe Officers Association to apologize and ask for "better understand what happened."

The #DumpStarbucks hashtag on Twitter is primarily full of tweets criticizing the outrage itself, along with people making jokes about the lines at Starbucks being shorter due to police sympathizers boycotting the brand. Some also drew comparisons between an incident last year when two black men were arrested in a Starbucks while waiting for a business meeting after a barista called police.

Others questioned whether conservatives would be hypocritical if they boycotted Starbucks for asking officers to leave while supporting the right of business owners to refuse service to people of their choosing.

Starbucks and the Tempe Officers Association didn't immediately respond to INSIDER's request for comment.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
i read this

Will Starbucks now close for a half day for further training? or are they willing to lose all those officers and their money?

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Good!

Now the cops can patronize another coffee shop.

I stopped paying starf*cks 12 years ago when I discovered how to distinguish between good coffee and burnt-bean brackwater.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
to leave or move out of a customer's line of sight because their presence made them feel unsafe,
The other "customer" was it one of the non paying crackhead homeless?
Or this?
1562443614984.png

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Customers probably felt "unsafe" since the cops had firearms.

Now the cops will not hang at this particular Starbucks. Great place for the local thugs to hold up and demand all the
purses, wallets and contents of the register!

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Starbucks has the worst tasting coffee. For the life of me - I cant figure out why people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for a cup of burnt coffee.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Starbucks has the worst tasting coffee. For the life of me - I cant figure out why people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for a cup of burnt coffee.
Yeah, I recently heard the funny name Charbucks.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Others questioned whether conservatives would be hypocritical if they boycotted Starbucks for asking officers to leave while supporting the right of business owners to refuse service to people of their choosing.
no, it's not hypocritical. The difference is that service was not refused. Starbux gave the cops a lower level of service while charging full price.
Ie: regular service price includes the use of their floor space and time for the customer to consume what they've purchased. In this case, they were discriminated against simply because of who they are.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
they were discriminated against simply because of who they are.
Isn't that the crazies argument. Leave them along and let them be in your face?
Now they want to reverse it like crazy is the new normal and anyone not offensive is the problem.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
M
Because they're programmed to!
ost people think that dark roast has more caffeine. I worked with such an addict. Fact is it has less caffeine than a lighter roast. SMH

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
and when this Starbucks calls for assistance...

:belly laugh::laughing::dduck::laughing::belly laugh::dduck:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
When cooked, beans “crack” from the heat.

The reason SBUX tastes burnt or “smokey” is because they roast their beans to the “second crack”.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The cops failed to point out that they too were customers and were there to keep everyone safe, personally, I think only overpaid idiots go to Starbucks.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What an embarrassment. I would immediately fire the employee who told them to leave and ban him from ever returning.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
and of course, the po po did not bring this upon themselves,

walking around like they are top shit in full riot gear all the time as though this is Iraq,

I get it when all the ultra closed eyes patriots want to get all lathered up about it,

but I also get the point that many of us have very very little respect for any po po

as for calling them when shit gets real, don't matter anyway, they are too busy putting on their armored diapers before arriving that by the time they get there, whatever is..........is

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
and of course, the po po did not bring this upon themselves,

walking around like they are top shit in full riot gear all the time as though this is Iraq,

I get it when all the ultra closed eyes patriots want to get all lathered up about it,

but I also get the point that many of us have very very little respect for any po po

as for calling them when shit gets real, don't matter anyway, they are too busy putting on their armored diapers before arriving that by the time they get there, whatever is..........is
This only goes to show you that people are not meant to all get along. Personally, I think people suck, with very few exceptions. But that's me, Mr. Sunshine!

I'm still chuckling about the term Charbucks! It's a winner! That stuff they call coffee tastes like the black sludge running along the ground in a hazardous waste dump!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm proud to say that I cannot recall ever having even been inside a starbux, let alone buying anything from them.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Charbucks Coughy