• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Poll: Bitcoin Reaches $10,000 or $100 first?

Does Bitcoin Move To $10,000 or $100 Next?

• Total voters

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Coinbase sent out an email saying they been increasing there server size, but they still expect outages when things get crazy.
Only if you CLICK 'sell'.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Just read CME is launching btc futures this coming week. Margin requirements are 35% so would be about $5K for each contract. Was going to load up some Ag, but am super tempted to short 1 btc.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Just read CME is launching btc futures this coming week. Margin requirements are 35% so would be about $5K for each contract. Was going to load up some Ag, but am super tempted to short 1 btc.
LOLZ

You were going to obtain actual metal? ...or you were going to "buy" a bankster fictional representation of metal? Silver is $15.82 an ounce...I strongly suggest you go that route rather than try to catch a falling knife.

It's okay to dislike bitcoin, but don't let your emotions lead you to financial ruin. Bitcoin may well pull back a bit, but the upside is virtually unlimited. The risk/reward on that trade seems horribly skewed...but good luck with that.

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Coinbase sent out an email saying they been increasing there server size, but they still expect outages when things get crazy.
Yeah I got that too. I think bitcoins gains at this point may be a bit limited, in other words, don’t expect to buy $15000 today and be worth $150,000 in a few years. Bitcoin is considered the blackberry of cryptos.

There’s another crypto that will come along that’s superior, easier to use and also better returns at this point forward.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Was going to load up some Ag, but am super tempted to short 1 btc.
Go for it. Put your money where your keyboard is. If you dare. Who knows, maybe you'll pull off a long shot and make a bundle. If so, I'd be among the first to congratulate you.
....but good luck, 'cause IMHO anyone shorting it will need it.

Bitcoin futures surge in first day of trading

The first-ever bitcoin future jumped when it began trading on Sunday, although it settled lower after reaching an overnight high.

The cryptocurrency, which has more than quadrupled in price since early September, has prompted some investment experts to warn of a speculative bubble. The Chicago Board Options Exchange futures don't involve actual bitcoin. They're securities that will track the price of bitcoin on Gemini, one of the larger bitcoin exchanges.

Trading in bitcoin futures declined slightly Monday from their overnight high following the virtual currency's debut Sunday on the Chicago Board Options Exchange. The contract that expires in January was trading at $18,250. After opening at $15,000, the price had risen as high as $18,850, according to data from the CBOE.

From another article: How will it affect the price of bitcoin?
For starters, the introduction of bitcoin futures has already had a upward affect on the “spot” or bitcoin price. With the CBOE, CME, Cantor Fitzgerald and other well-worn Wall Street names saying they plan to get in on the game, bitcoin believers are more convinced than ever that the cryptocurrency is here to stay. Meanwhile, the fear of missing out has also induced new faces to enter the arena, with major bitcoin exchange Coinbase seeing about 300,000 more users between Nov. 22 to Nov. 26, according to Bloomberg.

Even more demand for bitcoin futures could also serve to push up bitcoin prices, as it would be a sign that some more established investors may be growing bullish in bitcoin.

@goldielox1 , if "big" money starts pouring in, do you really think it'll cause bitcoin to tank to your $100 forecast? Or do just the opposite?

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So why would anyone buy the futures instead of the actual bitcoin?
Some will likely see CME group's logo and see it as a mark of "legitimacy" ...I would argue that it's a mark of institutionalized criminality, but to each their own. Some may be too lazy to set up a bitcoin wallet or learn about how to transmit/spend bitcoin.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Just know what you are buying. It is so loaded with fees that it instantly throws up a red flag to me.
One can certainly purchase Bitcoin on certain exchanges and pay fees, but why?

I have been Buying and Selling Bitcoin with ZERO fees.
That's any amount of USD -> Bitcoin, and Bitcoin -> USD for $0.00 Fees

RK

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Can anyone “invest” in bitcoin at a broker yet??

Tickers?

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Pretty sure he means officially sanctioned bankster scams like the one Jamie Dimon was recently touting while simultaneously bashing bitcoin.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
It's okay to dislike bitcoin, but don't let your emotions lead you to financial ruin. Bitcoin may well pull back a bit, but the upside is virtually unlimited. The risk/reward on that trade seems horribly skewed...but good luck with that.
You have it backwards, I don't "dislike bitcoin". I honestly like the idea of breaking the monopoly of FRN. HOWEVER, have a worthless currency backed by nothing leading the charge is concerning because when it fais and goes to its inherent value, the FRN will emerge with even more of a monopoly. If it were some crypto backed by oil or gold or even real estate, I would be a lot more enthusiastic about its prospects.

I don't think the trade is horribly skewed. Honestly I'm am 99.99% certain that btc wil go to zero within a reasonable amount of time. However, what does concern me in making that trade is that the market can remain irrational a lot longer than I can remain solvent. I mean it could go to $1,000,000 before it crashes back to $0. the margin on a short would be eaten up with a $2000 move. If I had bottomless pockets I would consider this a certain bet. Even if one thinks that cryptos are here to stay, btc only has the first mover advantage, it is already a dinosaur with many superior crypto alternatives. If cryptos are here to stay, btc would be supplanted by one of those.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
...I don't "dislike bitcoin".
If it were some crypto backed by oil or gold or even real estate, I would be a lot more enthusiastic about its prospects.
uh huh. You know there are cryptos that claim to be backed by "real stuff".
I don't think the trade is horribly skewed. Honestly I'm am 99.99% certain that btc wil go to zero within a reasonable amount of time. However, what does concern me in making that trade is that the market can remain irrational a lot longer than I can remain solvent. I mean it could go to $1,000,000 before it crashes back to $0. the margin on a short would be eaten up with a $2000 move.
Like I said, don't let your emotions lead you to financial ruin.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Can BitCoin do this?

We didn't have cryto-currencies when I was growing up. We had to get stoned the ole fashioned way.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
You got it cheap, we had to pay $15 for an O-Z and sometimes it was surprisingly good and others it was like alcohol free beer. O'Douls. Now, that's a HIGH, kiddies :Proud:

Just be careful coming down. Try not to crash on your mom's sofa when it's over.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Meanwhile, the fear of missing out has also induced new faces to enter the arena, with major bitcoin exchange Coinbase seeing about 300,000 more users between Nov. 22 to Nov. 26, according to Bloomberg.

Greed and the "fear of missing out" on an easy money making scheme - - classic ponzi. Never ceases to amaze me how so many suckers get duped out of their money.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Considering it dropped 20% in one day today,a lot of people could be out some money.
Oh well, that's the way markets go. Ie: up and down.
For example, everyone that bought silver between $20 and $50 prolly lost some money too, wouldn't you say?
...and I may may not be a math whizz, but $50 to $20 is a lot more than 20%, isn't it?

Oh, and what about those that bought gold above $1300? I guess you don't care about those people, huh?

platinumdude

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
The cryptos are looking tired. I think we might get some more pullback before it goes up again. But I'm no expert.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Moar!

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Oh well, that's the way markets go. Ie: up and down.
For example, everyone that bought silver between $20 and $50 prolly lost some money too, wouldn't you say?
...and I may may not be a math whizz, but $50 to $20 is a lot more than 20%, isn't it?

Oh, and what about those that bought gold above $1300? I guess you don't care about those people, huh?
I don't remember silver dropping 20% in one day. btc downmoves are reminiscent of the titanic.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Considering it dropped 20% in one day today,a lot of people could be out some money.
Yes, and those are the gullible suckers that I feel badly for - - the ones who recently bought into the hype and "didn't want to miss out".

The shills pumping shitcoin are doing so purely out of self interest. They're desperately trying to get more and more suckers to buy in and keep inflating the "value" of shitcoin.

It's the kind of behaviour I'd expect from a puss banker - - surprised to see a few people on this site acting the same way.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
So why would anyone buy the futures instead of the actual bitcoin?
Where u been u old dinasour?

Bitcoin is a barbaric relic, Litecorn, baby.

You can grow em, mine em, pump em, dump m en short em.

You need to fire up ur Flintstone mobile n get to town more often

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
^^^ lol It's still way higher than you ever thought it'd be.
Actually reread my dozens of posts. I repeatedly said it could go to a $million or $0 and no one could argue the price is wrong. Ultimately it will go to $0. I see that happening rather quickly (within say 3 years max)