• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

POST YOUR FAVORITE OR NON-FAVORITE POLITICAL CARTOONS HERE!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This verse has it's understanding in what is called an "Orientalism". The "orient" is ALL land east of the east end of the Mediterranean from the western shores of Israel and Lebanon to the eastern shores of Japan is known as the orient. Beyond that to America and Europe is known as the west. An orientalism is a cultural practice of people in what we call today the Middle East. The bible was originally written to people of the east, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, Persia and to the area commonly called Asia Minor which included that area on the north of the Mediterranean east of what is called Italy today.

For reference I have the set of books titled "Orientalisms of the Bible" by Bishop K.C. Pillai. It's a set of books in, I think, 3 volumes and a 4th called "Light Through An Eastern Window". It's been some 40 years since I read them. Other works are available on the topic of orientalisms. All of these serve to really open up one's understanding of the bible.

Both the old and new testaments have these cultural practices in them as the people who read or heard the Word of God would readily understand what was being said. These cultural practices remain in effect and are practiced to this hour.

In the orient it is understood that right side of the human is the side blessing. Most people are right-handed. It is the "strong side" of the human. In the orient you eat with your right hand whether you are right-handed or not. When you defacate you clean yourself with you left hand. When you shake hands you ALWAYS use your right hand. The left side of the human body is thought to be the side of cursing. There is NO political reference here. However there is a political application when the left/right paradigm of western politics is viewed through the eyes of an oriental and westerners who understand the oriental mindset and the root of the left/right division and it's implications.

ABC123

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
This verse has it's understanding in what is called an "Orientalism". The "orient" is ALL land east of the east end of the Mediterranean from the western shores of Israel and Lebanon to the eastern shores of Japan is known as the orient. Beyond that to America and Europe is known as the west. An orientalism is a cultural practice of people in what we call today the Middle East. The bible was originally written to people of the east, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, Persia and to the area commonly called Asia Minor which included that area on the north of the Mediterranean east of what is called Italy today.

For reference I have the set of books titled "Orientalisms of the Bible" by Bishop K.C. Pillai. It's a set of books in, I think, 3 volumes and a 4th called "Light Through An Eastern Window". It's been some 40 years since I read them. Other works are available on the topic of orientalisms. All of these serve to really open up one's understanding of the bible.

Both the old and new testaments have these cultural practices in them as the people who read or heard the Word of God would readily understand what was being said. These cultural practices remain in effect and are practiced to this hour.

In the orient it is understood that right side of the human is the side blessing. Most people are right-handed. It is the "strong side" of the human. In the orient you eat with your right hand whether you are right-handed or not. When you defacate you clean yourself with you left hand. When you shake hands you ALWAYS use your right hand. The left side of the human body is thought to be the side of cursing. There is NO political reference here. However there is a political application when the left/right paradigm of western politics is viewed through the eyes of an oriental and westerners who understand the oriental mindset and the root of the left/right division and it's implications.
Right hand dominant people use the left hemisphere of the brain. Left brain is associated with logic and problem solving. Right brain hemisphere is connected with creativity and "feelings". Sound familiar? I like to think Ive managed to balance the hemipheres but I am right hand dominant.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Turn the channel to CNN, Fox MUST have the voting results wrong...if he's elected we're all in the shitter and I'll name names! Obama..Soerto, whatever your name is, you suck as a community organizer..you were to get me voted in...douche..thats what we'll call you..El Douche'!!