• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

POST YOUR FAVORITE OR NON- FAVORITE POLITICAL CARTOONS HERE !

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Well quite frankly there may be some future truth in that because consider
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb University president issued an apology to the college community on Friday after centerpieces in his home were deemed offensive by students.

Randy Lowry invited African-American students to his home for dinner this week to chat about their experience at the university, according to a Facebook post.

Some of the students who attended shared their concern about material used for centerpieces which contained cotton stalks, according to the post.

“The content of the centerpieces was offensive, and I could have handled the situation with more sensitivity. I sincerely apologize for the discomfort, anger or disappointment we caused and solicit your forgiveness,” Lowry wrote.

According to the post, Lowry welcomes the opportunity to “continue this conversation.”

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ologizes-cotton-stalk-centerpieces/673419001/

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb University president issued an apology to the college community on Friday after centerpieces in his home were deemed offensive by students.

Randy Lowry invited African-American students to his home for dinner this week to chat about their experience at the university, according to a Facebook post.

Some of the students who attended shared their concern about material used for centerpieces which contained cotton stalks, according to the post.

“The content of the centerpieces was offensive, and I could have handled the situation with more sensitivity. I sincerely apologize for the discomfort, anger or disappointment we caused and solicit your forgiveness,” Lowry wrote.

According to the post, Lowry welcomes the opportunity to “continue this conversation.”

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ologizes-cotton-stalk-centerpieces/673419001/
Being college students I'm surprised they were able to correctly indentify the objectionable plant as cotton

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

That guy is a pussy for apologizing.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
OMG the cotton thing gets worse
Hobby Lobby’s ‘offensive’ decoration has gone bonkers viral — 33k Facebook reactions and counting
Sarah Taylor Sep 17, 2017 12:05 pm
Daniell Rider, a Hobby Lobby consumer, found a decoration at one of their stores so offensive, she shared the image on Facebook requesting that they remove the decor from their shelves.

What was it?
Rider on Thursday shared a photo of a shelf with glass bottles containing what appear to be replicas of raw cotton plants.

She captioned the photo, “This decor is WRONG on SO many levels. There is nothing decorative about raw cotton… A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves.”

“A little sensitivity goes a long way,” she added. “PLEASE REMOVE THIS ‘decor.'”

What kind of outcry occurred?

After Rider shared the post, it garnered viral attention on Facebook.

At the time of this writing, the post has been “liked” 33k times, has received 76k comments, and has been shared nearly 7k times.

The reaction was split — some commenters supported Rider’s outrage and wrote things like, “What do you expect from HL!!!? NEVER shop there!” while others couldn’t find the offense in the innocuous-looking decoration.

One commenter wrote, “Ummm… it’s cotton… wtf…its 2017… do you know some slaves in 2017 that picked this cotton and didn’t get paid for it. Just… stop.”

Some perspective
Art is art, and visual decor falls into that category.

Visually stimulating productions of art — whether worthy of The Louvre, or simply available at your local craft store — is created with intent and meant for interpretation.

Art’s intent is to be stimulating, and oftentimes meant to be a conversation piece in order to trigger important conversations.

Art can also be art for the sake of visual appreciation. There doesn’t necessarily need to be a deep meaning behind it.

While artists like Vincent Van Gogh and Jackson Pollock are widely different, each represents an unconventional aspect of art appreciation which some may “get,” while others may not.
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/0...rs-viral-33k-facebook-reactions-and-counting/

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
image.jpeg

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
K, just lost it at the $500 a month for food. Bullshit.] tis abit more than that. Seven and it was 800 to 1250 a month, paid it for years. Don't know hoe I got my beer into it but I do remember dropping snags in the middle of the night....but that was for gas and more beer to get more snags.

spose I'll go read the rest....

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Thank goodness Hobby Lobby didn't have a picture or replica of this item....
Slavery actually increased after Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin in 1794.
Land for growing cotton doubled in price and slaves were in high demand.
Maybe there's some type of funny cartoon related but I'm definitely not a humorist.

67428fb0e2cd06f2d7f207ecd09665de--cotton-gin-timeline.jpg

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
15+ Disturbing Art Illustrations That Show Just How Backwards Our Society Really is

When it comes to putting a face to the truth, artists are able to do the unimaginable. While you may not hear them in words their works speak with a volume much louder than anything you may have heard before.

The following illustrations are some of the most eye-opening and mind-changing illustrations I have come across. They will leave you feeling much different about this life we live and the world we live in. Isn’t it amazing how artists are able to get their points across in things like this? Art is the true universal language.

(If you notice any of these marked as artist unknown and you know the artist please feel free to let us know so that we can credit them for their work.)

Artist: John Holcroft

Artist: Pawel Kuczynski

Artist: John Holcroft

Artist: luthyen1

Artist: Steve Cutts

Artist: Larry Torro

Artist: damnkidyk

Artist: Steve Cutts

Artist: Unknown

Artist: Luis Quiles

Artist: Anthony Clarkson

Artist: Banksy