• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

POST YOUR FAVORITE OR NON-FAVORITE POLITICAL CARTOONS HERE!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
1562335402215.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
DC Clown Car

1562335513620.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Not true, just anti-vaxer crap. Patent applied for well before his daughters death, and she died from an infection of the injection site and not a reaction to the vacine.

Remember Internet meme's aren't as smart as your father. Read Gruelle's biography by Patricia Hall.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
good comeback

I too have noticed that many many of these net memes are propaganda and agenda driven for some mallady or another

Meaning those also you really have to sort the wheat from the chaf, then choose what to except as reasonable

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Not true, just anti-vaxer crap. Patent applied for well before his daughters death, and she died from an infection of the injection site and not a reaction to the vacine.

Remember Internet meme's aren't as smart as your father. Read Gruelle's biography by Patricia Hall.
I don't dismiss the topic as conspiracy. I believe there's a measure of truth in it but, as the bear says, lots of what's out there re: antivax is over the top propaganda. I've never been convinced enough of a high risk threat to suggest to my kids not to vaccinate my grandchildren but I don't doubt there's some unsavory ingredients in today's vaccines floating around.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Either way, kid died of MEDICAL INCOMPETENCE which, I guess, at this point makes no difference if from the medical side or the pharmaceutical side, still all the same result from ultimately the same source.

As far as internet meme agendas, yes, they exist/are multiplying/are filled with ignorance,lies, deceits, are dangerous propaganda and really suck.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
As far as internet meme agendas, yes, they exist/are multiplying/are filled with ignorance,lies, deceits, are dangerous propaganda and really suck.
Aren't most of them some form of propaganda? They're just memes after all, meant to propagate an agenda.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
1562424495870.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If WaPo is saying UFO's exist and are extra terrestrial you can bet the house that these UFOs are actually US weapons funded by special OPS dark money and we're alone in the Universe!

1562424631691.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Great words...but words non the less!
It would be a mistake to underestimate the power of words...

Think of the Federalist papers...which swayed a public...
Or the Gettysburg address...
Or MLKs I have a dream speech...
Or Jesus' sermon on the mount...

Words are very, very powerful...

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Aren't most of them some form of propaganda? They're just memes after all, meant to propagate an agenda.
Yes they are. In this context of this thread on GIM II it has morphed from being about political cartoons in general to a thread that has a known and accepted purpose to have memes in support of Trump, his agenda in draining the swamp AND exposing the actions, policies, agenda, words, deceit and corruption of the political leftists and actors of the deep state agenda. Though not the original intent of this thread it's current focus is quite properly a reflection of current popular political sentiment. My complaint and derision is against those memes that are outside of the current purpose of this thread. It doesn't matter to me if those posts are against Trump, in support of the leftist agenda, in support of leaving everyrthing as it was, in support of a GOP agenda, in support the agendas of others on the right or of conservatives who simply do NOT understand freedom, liberty, the constitution or even America. America is NOT about wars or roaming the globe as a bully or a cop. Might still does NOT make right or better. This also includes the other agendas of the right like the abolition of abortion or the mindless support of police, hatred toward Mexicans, hatred toward Jews or any other groups. This does NOT mean I do not understand the sentiment or even fail to appreciate the meme or how it was presented as a political cartoon which an art of it's own and a genuine lesson in the society that makes up America at any and all points in it's history. It is both practical and sad at the same time that when you click on the like button under any post there is no list of options or a comment space to explain why you like the post...you just like it for whatever reason you liked it. I've always liked political cartoons. A friend of mine collects and sells all kinds of old magazins, advertising, the occasional newspaper and sundry ephemera. One time we came a cross a place that was selling out a HUGE life long collection of such stuff so we bought them out. Among this trove were Puck Magazines from the late 19th century. Wow! What a fabulous find! Puck was a magazine similar to this thread and very good at lampooning government corruption, stupidity, arrogance. Great artwork, very ascerbic commentary. It was marvelous material! Of course, with the benefit of a century of hindsight I did not agree with all that was found in Puck, even so it remained both delightful and impressive for what it was. Such commentary from Russia then the Soviet Union and now Russia again is also immensely coloful and interesting. British political cartooning is also marvelous. It all says so much about the populace of the country, how they see and cope with government, law, social issues, government and so on. Yes, you can even find this in most ancient Rome as well as other ancient civilizations. To me it's one helluva a lot more accurate and insightful than ANY single book or piles of books on history/government and civil society.

Anyway, as the current "meme war" has progressed more and more memes have emerged that are NOT aligned with freedom, liberty, Trump's stated agenda or MAGA and instead, like the libtards, seek to have government be the arm of their version of righteousness. I do not agree with such and find it annoying.

Last edited: