• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

POST YOUR FAVORITE OR NON-FAVORITE POLITICAL CARTOONS HERE!

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
1575039876281.png
Memes are great.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Speaking of which, we haven't heard much from the drunken, bumbling ho on the left for a while now

Memes won't save the Republic but they do make watching it crumble a bit more entertaining.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

OK, I understand how someone without the background of publishing could immediately jump to the wrong conclusion.

Let me set it straight -- and in stone. Those of you who have bought my historical novel, "The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century" can pick up their copy a look at it.

Open it to the first page after the fargin cover. Let me read to alla youse what is printed in MY novel at the top of that page:

"This book is a work of fiction. Places, events, and situations in this book are purely fictional. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is coincidental."

Hey!! Waitaminnit! Unca told me that all events happened as depicted, all characters are real and did as depicted, and the main character is his 11-times grampa. How can this be?

Let me enlighten you, pilgrims... and then ask you to amend your thrust that Schindler's List is fiction.

The Deputy Director for Counterintelligence and Security Countermeasures in the Pentagon reviewed and critiqued the shit out of my novel prior to it being published. While the novel is accurate all the friggin' way down to the cost of a leathern tankard of cider in the Duchy of Oldenburg in 1615 (3 Munchen coppers!) <-- He held me to that level of accuracy throughout the book...

He told me about the problem inherent: If you do NOT put that disclaimer in there, you ARE liable to lawsuits from anyone related to anyone mentioned in your work.

Thus, the actual true accounting of the forebear of a certain (*ahem*) "van Dyke" murdering an Indian princess while stinking drunk because she was going to pick one of his peaches... has, even though completely true, to be prefaced on Page Fucking One.

So I checked with a publishing silk. He said that conversations between people in the 1600's obviously had to be made up, therefore even though an event happened, and happened on that date, and happened right there, and happened with the people named...

...It is all "coincidental". And "fictitious".

We crystal clear here? You no longer see what you thought you saw?

Please say yes.

I got too many novels out there to get sued by TV people who spot their ancestors doing ancest in my books.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
OK, I understand how someone without the background of publishing could immediately jump to the wrong conclusion.

Let me set it straight -- and in stone. Those of you who have bought my historical novel, "The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century" can pick up their copy a look at it.

Open it to the first page after the fargin cover. Let me read to alla youse what is printed in MY novel at the top of that page:

"This book is a work of fiction. Places, events, and situations in this book are purely fictional. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is coincidental."

Hey!! Waitaminnit! Unca told me that all events happened as depicted, all characters are real and did as depicted, and the main character is his 11-times grampa. How can this be?

Let me enlighten you, pilgrims... and then ask you to amend your thrust that Schindler's List is fiction.

The Deputy Director for Counterintelligence and Security Countermeasures in the Pentagon reviewed and critiqued the shit out of my novel prior to it being published. While the novel is accurate all the friggin' way down to the cost of a leathern tankard of cider in the Duchy of Oldenburg in 1615 (3 Munchen coppers!) <-- He held me to that level of accuracy throughout the book...

He told me about the problem inherent: If you do NOT put that disclaimer in there, you ARE liable to lawsuits from anyone related to anyone mentioned in your work.

Thus, the actual true accounting of the forebear of (*ahem*) van Dyke murdering an Indian princess while stinking drunk because she was going to pick one of his peaches... has, even though completely true, to be prefaced on Page Fucking One.

So I checked with a publishing silk. He said that conversations between people in the 1600's obviously had to be made up, therefore even though an event happened, and happened on that date, and happened right there, and happened with the people named...

...It is all "coincidental". And "fictitious".

We crystal clear here? You no longer see what you thought you saw? Please say yes. I got too many novels out there to get sued by TV people.
So you swear up and down it's true but you can't prove it so you're forced to state it's fiction.....got it, crystal!!!

I don't doubt your word Unca, I simply don't trust every author as I would trust you!

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
So you swear up and down it's true but you can't prove it so you're forced to state it's fiction.....got it, crystal!!!
Never -- NEVER be dense with me.

I do not have to swear up and down that a small section of Brooklyn is called Gravesend, and that it was founded by Lady Deborah Moody in 1645. I can even show you a picture of it then and today. It is on page 377, little more than half way through the book.

BUT <-- See that? Hm? SEE it?

BUT -- I'd better claim that name "Lady Moody" is a fictional coincidence.

When Peter Stuyvesant get the shit scared out of him by my Grampa, and was publicly dumped on and threatened by him... he wrote a letter the the High And Mighty Lords of the East India Company whining about how Herr Snedeker abused him. The letter is still available for any scholar to go read. BTW: The H&ML liked Jan Snedeker and never answered Poor Pete.

BUT -- I'd better claim that all this happened only in my imagination, and despite it being real... it isn't real (wink, wink)

Does the concept penetrate through yet?

SAY YOU UNDERSTAND. That boiler plate is strictly the result of the DEMAND BY THE FUCKING PUBLISHER FOR IT TO BE FUCKING THERE.

And do not play. I'm half-ticked already because I detest obtuseness.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Never -- NEVER be dense with me.

I do not have to swear up and down that a small section of Brooklyn is called Gravesend, and that it was founded by Lady Deborah Moody in 1645. I can even show you a picture of it then and today. It is on page 377, little more than half way through the book.

BUT <-- See that? Hm? SEE it?

BUT -- I'd better claim that name "Lady Moody" is a fictional coincidence.

When Peter Stuyvesant get the shit scared out of him by my Grampa, and was publicly dumped on and threatened by him... he wrote a letter the the High And Mighty Lords of the East India Company whining about how Herr Snedeker abused him. The letter is still available for any scholar to go read. BTW: The H&ML liked Jan Snedeker and never answered Poor Pete.

BUT -- I'd better claim that all this happened only in my imagination, and despite it being real... it isn't real (wink, wink)

Does the concept penetrate through yet?

SAY YOU UNDERSTAND. And do not play. I'm half-ticked already because I detest obtuseness.
I understand where you're coming from but one size doesn't fit all. In the case of the movie claim that Schindler's List was based on a true story is a lie. Technically (and depending on one's belief), the book is fiction, end of story!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I understand where you're coming from but one size doesn't fit all. In the case of the movie claim that Schindler's List was based on a true story is a lie. Technically (and depending on one's belief), the book is fiction, end of story!

Believe as you wish. But always keep it in mind that obtuseness and game-playing is dangerous with an educated and not very patient old fart.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Believe as you wish. But always keep it in mind that obtuseness and game-playing is dangerous with an educated and not very patient old fart.
Yes sir!

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Why, you should be shaking in your boots, soldier...