• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Posting pics that are "too large"

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been addressed before, but a search brings up nothing of the kind.

How do you post a pic that is "too large to be uploaded"?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I have been using the FastStone image viewer for years. It's free and you can resize photos, crop and add text and also change photos from one format to another. If I can figure out how to use the damn thing anybody else can too.

https://www.faststone.org/FSIVDownload.htm

russians1.jpg

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
load it into MS paint and select "resize" and make it smaller.

BF
That worked on most of them, after I figured out I had to click "pixels" in the process. Thanks.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
load it into MS paint and select "resize" and make it smaller.

BF

I also use "paint". Along with what you mentioned, you can also do some crude/basic photoshop too. it is easy to use.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I also use "paint". Along with what you mentioned, you can also do some crude/basic photoshop too. it is easy to use.
Most all of the pics & screenshots I post go through PAINT... Crop, add text, circle items, etc... Save as JPEG in "My Pictures"...
Only thing missing for me is "rotate x%" and "change colors".... compared to the fancy programs...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Resizing can be done on MSFT, but it tends to be a multi step process as Dacrunch outlined. It's nothing short of a PITA!

There are many extra snippet programs you can add to MSFT to get the job done.

It's why I use the Mac. I know both platforms and for my money the Mac is a well thought out experience.

Yes, it costs more, but it's a one time expense. APPL takes care of you from that point forward. There's no 'missing' rotate and change colors. It's all there. "Somebody" was actually thinking when they designed it.

The only reason to use MSFT is if you have proprietary software... some kind of architectural, or engineering type of ware that only comes in the flavor of MSFT.

PC's are like cars where you'd like to have electric windows, but that costs extra and needs constant maintenance. Something is always going on that needs 'fixing'.

Get a Mac. You'll thank me later.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
exactly right Hedge,
and it is also the very reason I stay with the ferner and mcsoft,

I would be on a Mac toot sweet if if wasn't for that,

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I've been known to post an occasional picture here. My shots start as an 80 MB RAW file out of my camera. I post them here using 1 of 2 methods to reduce them to a few hundred KB. About 1/2 of them are reduced using Faststone as described by Irons above. The rest are links to an online photo storage site where I keep a lot of my pictures. I use flickr but there are others.

Below, an 80MB file reduced to 166KB using Faststone and stored in my computer. Despite being reduced to .2% of it's original size, it's maintained image quality.
DSC02188m.jpg

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
^^ Yeah, I used image resizer when ever I had 7. I'm dumbfounded why MSFT didn't buy that bunch of bits up and incorporate it.

It was PHENOMENAL!