• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Prices up across the board,

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
for you guys with projects, surely you have already seen it

due to demand coupled with supply chain disruptions, prices are being announced and going up across many items if not across the board.

we have seen 30-35% increases in lumber here,
longer lead times on floor coverings with some not available,
steel up
copper up
etc.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Absolutely.
With all those new FRNs to chase goods, there is little pressure to wait for a better price.
"Who cares how much it costs? I need to wipe my butt today".

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
1596123082019.png

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Bought 75 5/4X8' to redeck our small dock/gazebo on our pond. Paid $4.78 Ea @ Lowes, HD only had 22 in stock. I got lucky at Lowes as they had just gotten a truckload in.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
A year ago aluminum cans were fetching $.45 per #. Down to $.25 now.

Haven't noticed any other changes regarding lumber etc. Only issue was a few weeks back when I went to get lumber for a job and Home Cheapo and they literally had no pressure treated lumber. So I drove over to Lowe's and everybody from Home Cheapo was at BLowe's and they were picked clean too. Then the next day Home Cheapo was fully stocked again. .

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I think it's pretty clear now that pumping trillions directly into the economy has had a significant effect. At least in areas like home improvement, food, tech addictions, etc. Heck, even cars have seen good demand as the GDP plummeted 10%.

Last edited:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I'm a project manager with a contractor. I've seen so many concrete increases that I've lost count. We're up to around $140 a cubic yard including all the fees they charge now + taxes. Lumber: a very sharp spike doubling some types. Everything else up 15%-20% this year. Only one thing has shown no sign of increase over the past several years: the cost of my labor.

We had a hurricane hit a little east last year that really screwed the local market.

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
"Only one thing has shown no sign of increase over the past several years: the cost of my labor."
Good one Tom, should be over at joke of the day.
You are a real Rodney Dangerfield.
I'm still laughing.

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have seen two items that were over or around $2k drop, one $500 the other 10%.

End of last week.

Deflation in shit you don't have to have, inflation on things you have to buy.

Toilet valve = you have to have it or you don't need it at all. Price will go up. Inflation
Fancy special major kitchen appliance big bucks = You can upgrade to this if you have too much money, but if you have to have one, there are much cheaper options that do the same function. Slight inflation at the bottom tier, deflation at the top tier.

You guys get it. This is what some warned of way back when and I didn't get it really, in general ok, but I understand completely now.

Prices will inflate and deflate at the same exact time. While the FRNs become more and more worthless in comparison to real money aka GOLD.
I remember when I thought I was really smart as to linking gold and oil, well, that stupid idea was proven wrong almost right away. Yes there are a million things to consider but we are going through a government on the books anyway that is not bankrupt - that happened long ago, but now it is a government that is so far beyond bankruptcy that they very soon won't be able to pay the interest at .000001%.

That means what cannot be paid will not be paid and there is a major revision of at least the USA financial structure and the pieces of paper called (not)Federal(no)Reserve(s)Note. I cannot fathom how this is going to come down. Something like this was going down when I was in Israel early 80s. The inflation was crazy, citizens were restricked from the dollar, in fact as a American with a visa, I could open a dollar account at Bank Leume but I had to show a current visa to withdraw money. People I worked with could not have one. I think they had a problem changing local to dollars as well, they had to have paperwork showing they were going abroad for some reason to change. AKA Capital Controls. They were considering going to the dollar like Panama, but I heard Ronnie called them and said the dollar can't take the inflation. lol

I predict there will be freezes on assets in all forms of IRAs. I predict that you will have to account for other than small amounts of FRNs to convert to moneyX.

Drug dealers, cash stashers, etc better be scrambling now to convert to a transitional form like gold or bitcoin. Oh but wait, the Feds are all over bitcoin. Can you account for the bitcoins you have? Where they came from? Hmmmmm. lol

Somebody broke my window last night officer, I am old and sickly and didn't hear a thing. They stole my gun and my gold .... said my neighbor the other day. No insurance on it either, no claim. How sad. But when they come to take control of stuff, he can account for where his stuff went instead of a boating accident, which sadly, happens all to often as if guns and gold have a curse on them.

Last edited:

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I think it's pretty clear now that pumping trillions directly into the economy has had a significant effect. At least in areas like home improvement, food, tech addictions, etc. Heck, even cars have seen good demand as the GDP plummeted 10%.
I have been watching used cars on Craigslist, and they have been selling for pretty high prices. It is hard (impossible?) to find a Honda/Toyota 2008+ with less than 200k miles for under $6k.

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Looked at a used pickup. Local corrupt former cop selling it. Looked it up at home on Kelly, don't know how good that is but I had the exact configuration. He wanted $2500 more than blue book, doubling the price. Thanks but no thanks.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
for you guys with projects, surely you have already seen it

due to demand coupled with supply chain disruptions, prices are being announced and going up across many items if not across the board.

we have seen 30-35% increases in lumber here,
longer lead times on floor coverings with some not available,
steel up
copper up
etc.
All commodities are more valuable than the Digital and printed fiat.