• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Problem postin "Thanks"

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Thanks button hides from time to time. You only get so many thanks a day then no more for you!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What Irons said. You only get so many a day and once you use them up - they're gone until the next day.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Thanks button hides from time to time. You only get so many thanks a day then no more for you!
QWAK,Irons,Excess "THANKS" clicks are TAXED and become BITCOIN! :ahhhhh::cheerful::banana::ban-cha:

Spend them wisely not like a drunken sailer home on leave!:thumbs_up::idea:

That which is not truly earned DEVALUES what has been EARNED! :idea:

the DUCK :s9:

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
QWAK,Irons,Excess "THANKS" clicks are TAXED and become BITCOIN! :ahhhhh::cheerful::banana::ban-cha:

Spend them wisely not like a drunken sailer home on leave!:thumbs_up::idea:

That which is not truly earned DEVALUES what has been EARNED! :idea:

the DUCK :s9:

I can't thank GIM for the truths and lumps enough and none came cheap or without meaning.

If I give one I mean it.

Duckworth

Seeker
Seeker
Site Supporter ++
I have only been a member for a few days, but I can't find a "Thanks" button at all, let alone one that comes and goes. Help.

Edit: Whoops, never mind it is showing up now..

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Is it a 'thanks' button or a 'like' button these days??
Tis a "Like"

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I believe it is the standard format or protocol for forum layout. It would be interesting for somebody to explain the logistics and reasoning behind the update when they finally have time.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
It would be interesting for somebody to explain the logistics and reasoning behind the update when they finally have time.
Pop me a note or ask here, either way, for clarification. I thought the question was looked at prior to even going to the switchover. More speed, more buttons, better integration with the mobile devices, etc?????

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I've been having a problem posting "thanks" to other people's post, and my computer knowledge is limited. Can you help me with my problem.
Thanks
Please refer to attached

Thanks are replaced by 'Likes'. Once you 'Like' something, the button changes to 'Unlike', where you can pull it back off if you choose.

That also contains your 'Quote' button, where you can click that, and it will store quotes for you from multiple posts if need be.

Then there is a 'Insert Quotes' on the left side of the reply box that you can start dropping in your various quotes with.

thanks button.jpg

Last edited:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Well I for one ain't smart enough to work with the quotes.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
using multiquote from multiple threads,

just click on the quote box each thread and it stores them for you,

then the box on left, insert quotes when you are replying

I've been having a problem posting "thanks" to other people's post, and my computer knowledge is limited. Can you help me with my problem.
Thanks
Well I for one ain't smart enough to work with the quotes.
and they all go in, and you can add comments to each one as you deem necessary

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I like the new format and features much better.

- The draft feature is awesome for iPad, which had a nasty habit of blinking and losing data when you had to go to a different tab for reference

- the format retention of the underlying article makes many of the new content easier to read

- the number of pages of "new" posts let's you avoid missing content if you can't check in daily

- the alerts let you go right to threads you're currently involved in without sorting through all posts