• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

PROSPECTING for 90% SILVER!!!

While I was at the bank I saw some Ikes in the teller's tray. I asked if I could have them and the teller said he had 300 more if I wanted them. Took them all. I have an Ike collection so it was fun for me to go through them and look for varieties. No silvers but it was still a good score. On the silver front I did get a solid role and a half of Silver Kennedy Halves once. It was a nice score for one shot at the bank.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Cut it out.

Yeah, I had a teller inform me a old lady brought in 20 rolls of Franklins. Even after repeatedly telling her to take them to a coin shop the old lady was having none of that and got $200.00 from the teller for her $2500.00 worth of halves. So I am both pissed at the teller and jealous at the same time.

Yeah, I told a similar story about my uncle when he liquidated my grandfather's estate. They were both businessmen but that apple fell further from the tree.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I think I’ve already said this but coin star will reject 90% so always check them. I used to find silver left in the machine all the time.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I used to find silver left in the machine all the time.
KEYWORDS :...used to...

I find more pre 82 pennies in my change than any silvers.
The koinstar machines have been corrected. I vendor told me the machines now have another sort bucket for "anomalies".
Very few coins drop out now.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
One of the few things better than silver is ........................................ FREE silver !

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
But sex is rarely "free"......
Yep, It hasn't been FREE for me since my mid-thirties when I got married.
" Along, long time ago, I can still remember ....". - Am. Pie

Sindgefallen

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I think I’ve already said this but coin star will reject 90% so always check them. I used to find silver left in the machine all the time.
So true!!! I found 3 silver Roosie's last year in the Coinstar! Still finding quarters and foreign currency so perhaps no change to correct for anomalies in my Coinstar yet, 500 yen coins, many 1 5 and 10 peso's and a steel cent too.

1 more Roosie found in an old abandoned house!

In January this year I got back some Merc' dimes in my change at Little Caesar's so I asked for all dimes back and got 20 Merc's total!

AND this afternoon I found a thick 14k gold chain in the street on my way back from the airport! a good 5g pure of melt current spot, but that's a whole different kinda find.

Nothing found in banks in years!

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
So true!!! I found 3 silver Roosie's last year in the Coinstar! Still finding quarters and foreign currency so perhaps no change to correct for anomalies in my Coinstar yet, 500 yen coins, many 1 5 and 10 peso's and a steel cent too.

1 more Roosie found in an old abandoned house!

In January this year I got back some Merc' dimes in my change at Little Caesar's so I asked for all dimes back and got 20 Merc's total!

AND this afternoon I found a thick 14k gold chain in the street on my way back from the airport! a good 5g pure of melt current spot, but that's a whole different kinda find.

Nothing found in banks in years!
That's some sweet luck finding the 14k. My wife and I go on lots of walks. I always have my eye to the ground. In the spring I always make a habit of walking over the left over spots where the snow was piled in the parking lot. Found some money, but never anything too exciting.

Sindgefallen

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I have not found anything this big in years, not since the platinum ring in 2006. Last year I found a couple 14k earing backs and an earring, very small stuff, and a 10k antique pin. It seems rare these days.

I have always found the best stuff, cash and jewelry on the ground, in wealthy areas. Currently I am working temporarily in a very nice area and have been finding numerous quarters but the necklace was a boon!

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I call December / January finds the "Christmas Effect'. People converting their change jars into bills and paying cash for Christmas presents instead of whipping out the plastic.

Great find and good strategy to collect more "Mercs".