• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Public Unions Lose over 90% of Non-Member Dues After SCOTUS Ruling

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Small victory, but you take what little crumbs you can get these days unfortunately.

Nolte: Public Unions Lose over 90% of Non-Member Dues After SCOTUS Ruling

Two powerful, left-wing public unions lost over 90 percent of non-member fees after the Supreme Court ruled against forcing non-members to pay union dues.

In other words, until June of 2018 we lived in a country where public sector workers who chose not to join their respective unions were still forced to pay union dues, which are called agency fees.

These agency fees represented 70 to 80 percent of union dues and were forcibly removed from the pay checks of public workers who wanted nothing to do with far-left unions that spend billions of dollars every year to elect Democrats.

The Supreme Court ruled that these mandatory union dues violated the free speech of non-members, who had been forced through these un-American agency fees to contribute to political campaigns they wanted no part of.

Overall, while I have no issue with unionizing in the private sector, public unions are a cancer on our democracy, a scam that launders taxpayer dollars through these public unions and into Democrat campaign coffers.

The idea that public sector workers were forced to pay these dues was outrageous and the Supreme Court did the exact right thing in putting a stop to it.

The best news is that this liberation of the working man has been devastating to the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), who lost millions of dollars and 210,000 agency-fee payers in 2018.

Overall, while these public sector unions still have millions of voluntary members, AFSCME lost 98 percent of its 112,233 nonmembers (now only 2,200 pay agency fees). The SEIU lost 94 percent of its 104,501 nonmembers (now only 5,800 pay).

This does not mean SEIU and AFSCME have lost their power. With 1.9 million and 1.3 million voluntary members, respectively, both organizations still take in a ton of taxpayer money that will be funneled almost exclusively to Democrats and other left-wing causes.

But with an end to what was nothing more than legalized theft, the First Amendment rights of public workers are finally protected from a scam that forced Americans to pay for speech they disagreed with.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...er-90-of-non-member-dues-after-scotus-ruling/

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Good! Fuck'em!

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I'll bet the freeloaders will still want a union rep when they get in trouble, and I'll also bet the union will be required to represent them...

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Makes the Dems even more dependent upon the likes of Soros, Steyer, etc...

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This IS good news! Maybe those gov employee pensions will finally shrink to something more reasonable or just disappear altogether.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Overall, while I have no issue with unionizing in the private sector, public unions are a cancer on our democracy, a scam that launders taxpayer dollars through these public unions and into Democrat campaign coffers.
this is fair, provided those same unions have to play by the same rules, which they do not,
they have full protection of the .govs along with protected fields to play in

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
It will greatly diminish the amount they donate to the demontards for elections and I think those paying dues might now decided to opt out

mayhem

Since 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I have a neighbor who has a electricians masters license. But he is too lazy to go out on his own, so he works for the county changing light bulbs essentially. He was telling me a story a while ago about how he tried to convince a fellow worker the benefits of joining the union. It took all the patience I had to keep my mouth shut. Sometimes we need to choose our battles. Although I stick him now and then with the factoid that he is working for me by working for the county.