• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Q says we have the gold

AguA

Seeker
Seeker
The real value of an ounce of gold is what $32 would buy in 1933 since that was the last time gold and dollars were at the same relative value. Anything else is hocus pocus
Just curious...why $32 (actually it was $35 in 1933) and not $20.67 per ounce? The last gold currency coin I know of what the $20 Double Eagle. Wasn't it .9675 toz of gold?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Just curious...why $32 (actually it was $35 in 1933) and not $20.67 per ounce? The last gold currency coin I know of what the $20 Double Eagle. Wasn't it .9675 toz of gold?
My bad, $35/oz. Once FDR made it illegal to own gold the manipulation began

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The real value of an ounce of gold is what $32 would buy in 1933 since that was the last time gold and dollars were at the same relative value. Anything else is hocus pocus
Ive heard it said that an ounce of gold (far back number) would buy you a nice suit and the same for today. ( i butchered the saying but YKWIM)

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The only metal that is tied to a Constitutional "dollar" is silver - NOT gold. There is nothing anywhere that defines what gold is worth. Gold is given value by the government - either directly or indirectly via the Fed Res (who Congress has control over).

They can make gold redeemable only in TrumpBucks if they wanted to. Or grains of salt or literally whatever.

Of course that would create a black market very quickly...but I hope you get my point... we are talking about the relative valuation of gold versus a government declared fiat currency.

There is a precedent for increasing the dollar value of gold - when FDR did it in the 1930s. Of course back then - by confiscating it from the populace (or at least from those too stupid to reject the "turn in" order) he only had to devalue the currency by about 3/4 (gold from $20 to $35). This time around - gold would have to be revalued many multiples higher.

AguA

Seeker
Seeker
Ive heard it said that an ounce of gold (far back number) would buy you a nice suit and the same for today. ( i butchered the saying but YKWIM)
I've got to ask...What does that even mean? I've heard that for years but, how can we relate to that today? How can we relate that to needs, assets, commodities, etc, for living over long term?

ETA: Just saw SB's post. It answers my question as it goes right to my point here. Ultimately, it's arbitrary.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I've got to ask...What does that even mean? I've heard that for years but, how can we relate to that today? How can we relate that to needs, assets, commodities, etc, for living over long term?
The way I understand it is that an ounce of gold today gets you a nice $1200 wardrobe. Nice comfy shoes, nice belt, nice shirt, nice tie and jacket. That being similar to the class to the outfit you could have gotten for an ounce of gold (back when).

Similar example is gas. In my area gas is at $2 average. In real money, 8 clad quarters. Using 90% silver, gas today is less than $.20 a gallon.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Everything monetary SINCE 1933 has been hocus pocus!

R.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Didn't Q talk about some clandestine military operation somewhere in south east Asia months ago where the property was somehow connected to the Clinton's or the cabal and the locals were reporting that the military (host country and presumably US special operators) were hauling away huge sums of money and gold? As someone mentioned Khadaffi's gold went missing. Could this be the gold that is what Q may be referring to?

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Didn't Q talk about some clandestine military operation somewhere in south east Asia months ago where the property was somehow connected to the Clinton's or the cabal and the locals were reporting that the military (host country and presumably US special operators) were hauling away huge sums of money and gold? As someone mentioned Khadaffi's gold went missing. Could this be the gold that is what Q may be referring to?
Yes, but GOOGLE, and the whole of MSM and Social Media have shadow banned the story.
True story though.
The seizure of a boat owned by the Obamas, filled with drugs and narcotics, shortly after Trump took office, has also disppeared from view.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Who the 'F' knows anymore?