• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

QUARTER of Americans say they are ready to take up arms against the government: Poll also finds that more than a third of those currently own guns

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I think it's a low number.

• The survey, which polled a pool of 1,000 US voters, was conducted by the University of Chicago's Institute of Politics in May
  • Thirty-seven percent who supported armed insurrection against the government currently own guns, the poll found
  • The survey found that overall, 49 per cent of Americans agreed that they 'more and more feel like a stranger in my own country'
By ALEX OLIVEIRA FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 20:59 EDT, 30 June 2022 | UPDATED: 09:40 EDT, 1 July 2022

More than quarter of Americans - 28 per cent - said that it might 'soon be necessary to take up arms' against the US government, according to a new poll released Thursday.
Of those who felt that way, 37 per cent currently own guns, the poll found.
The poll also showed that a majority of Americans - liberal and conservative both - felt that their government was 'corrupt and rigged against everyday people like me.'
The survey, which polled a pool of 1,000 US voters, was conducted by the University of Chicago's Institute of Politics in May.
The poll revealed deep divides between Americans of differing viewpoints, with nearly identical percentages of Republicans and Democrats (73 and 74 per cent) saying that the other side 'are generally bullies who want to impose their political beliefs on those who disagree.'
59736679-10971195-image-a-1_1656637118963.jpg

The poll comes as the US House Select Committee's investigation into President Trump's role in the violent January 6 insurrection against the Capitol is being publicly broadcast across the nation.
The survey found that overall, 49 per cent of Americans agreed that they 'more and more feel like a stranger in my own country.'

RELATED ARTICLES​

SHARE THIS ARTICLE​

The breakdown in the political leanings of those who felt that sentiment was characteristic of the rest of the survey - 69 per cent of voters who identified as 'very conservative' expressed it, while only 38 per cent of self-identified 'strong democrats' did.
Voters' distrust of elections - which spurned the January 6 riots - also followed similar lines. Though 56 per cent of Americans felt they 'generally trust elections to be conducted fairly and counted accurately,' party divisions among those who felt that were stark.
Eighty per cent of Democrats expressed trust in elections, while only 51 per cent of independents and 33 per cent of Republicans polled said they did.
More than quarter of Americans - 28 per cent - said that it might 'soon be necessary to take up arms' against the US government, according to a new poll released Thursday

More than quarter of Americans - 28 per cent - said that it might 'soon be necessary to take up arms' against the US government, according to a new poll released Thursday
Armed protestors demonstrating outside the Virginia State House in Richmond on January 18, 2022

Armed protestors demonstrating outside the Virginia State House in Richmond on January 18, 2022
One third of Republicans polled held the belief that armed resistance to the government may soon be necessary, while 35 percent of independent voters felt that way, and 20 percent of Democrats.
Nearly half of all people polled said they avoid talking politics with people 'because I don't know where they stand,' and a quarter said they had lost friends, and avoided friends and relatives over politics.
'While we've documented for years the partisan polarization in the country, these poll results are perhaps the starkest evidence of the deep divisions in partisan attitudes rippling through the country,' pollster Neil Newhouse, who is a Republican, said. He conducted the poll with pollster Joel Benenson, a Democrat.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I question the intelligence of Americans. We would end up in the exact same spot or worse in a short time.

Some people need to pick up a book, not a gun.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
AND how many in the military will be on OUR side ??? I'm betting a lot will be :finished::finished::fire::hunt:!

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Queue the Red Flag laws... in 3... 2... 1....

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

I question the intelligence of Americans. We would end up in the exact same spot or worse in a short time.

Some people need to pick up a book, not a gun.

"I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half."
--Jay Gould

You better KNOW exactly what your fighting for & for whom.... Looks like a set up to me!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
"I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half." --Jay Gould

You better KNOW exactly what your fighting for & for whom.... Looks like a set up to me!
Looks like a set up to me!
I wasn't gunna say it, I wanted to wait to see who would say it !:2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::finished:

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
ou better KNOW exactly what your fighting for & for whom.... Looks like a set up to me!
There are so many in so many positions all around the world that is the big problem. Hard to find the root of the problem when it's embedded everywhere.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
AND how many in the military will be on OUR side ??? I'm betting a lot will be :finished::finished::fire::hunt:!
I think it used to be that way. Obama and Biden been pouring the military. Whats happening with the 40k that won't get a shot and were they left or right?
How many military are even left in the US? Most of them are overseas expanding the empire and looting resources.

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Americans say they are ready to take
In the past 24 months there were more reasons than ever, yet no one took up anything ---they bent over and took it. Where were the Gun-Toters of America or the NRA in the past two years, and what did they take, and where ?

If November 2020 didn't motivate the poll-answering gasbags, the MAGA-hats and the Trumpeters ......

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
so...

More than quarter of Americans - 28 per cent - said that it might 'soon be necessary to take up arms' against the US government, according to a new poll released Thursday.
Of those who felt that way, 37 per cent currently own guns, the poll found.
37% of 28% own guns while the other 72% of that 28% are going to use...what?

pitchforks?

:don't know:

wastrel

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In the past 24 months there were more reasons than ever, yet no one took up anything ---they bent over and took it. Where were the Gun-Toters of America or the NRA in the past two years, and what did they take, and where ?

If November 2020 didn't motivate the poll-answering gasbags, the MAGA-hats and the Trumpeters ......
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

These evils appear to still be suferrable. For now.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I would suggest that many who participated in the poll lied about firearms and ideology. I personally would not have participated and if I had would not give frank answers. I suspect there were far more leftist answering because (a) they are stupid and (b) they don’t seem to have many guns. I know the article delineates between the ideologies, I just don’t believe the numbers to be accurate.

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the first time. But that 25% number is way off. It's more like 2.5% that would actually walk the walk.
And it was that way 250 years ago. cry::Grrr::Grrr::Grrr:

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that . Look at hurricane Katrina. They storm trooper'd all the citizens. They held citizens at gun point when they were trying to escape with their personal belongings , which included their guns. They beat a 100 lb, 80 year old woman senseless who refused to leave her house. She had a .38 revolver in her possession . They beat her black and blue and physically hauled her into the street.

Look at every major city across the US, Canada, Europe when these scenarios took place. The only thing missing on the police uniforms was arm bands .. They ALL followed orders

And all these folks who are ready to take up arms against the govt ? < pfffffft > Really ? Who ? The Gravy Seals ? Meal Team Six ?

We're on our own T.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
A quarter would be around 80m. that would be formidable indeed..........

I doubt it's that much...............I would like to think 6m but who knows what will happen

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
It’s so monitored in the country they know what we’re going to have for breakfast before we do

What’s their term?

Lone wolf right, or behind every blade of grass for our old school

Any communication or coordination would be too easily detected.

(This is analytical comment not a participatory one)

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It’s so monitored in the country they know what we’re going to have for breakfast before we do

What’s their term?

Lone wolf right, or behind every blade of grass for our old school

Any communication or coordination would be too easily detected.

(This is analytical comment not a participatory one)
So, then, what do you suggest, keep taking it in the rectum ???:don't    know2:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
If there isn't going to be a cookout then why make the potato salad?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Life here is still too comfy for a revolution.

I think this is why welfare exists and why they won’t let the economy crash like how it should.

Last edited:

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Another worthless poll...most Americans are more blow then go.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Behind every blade of grass without social interaction is the only way

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Behind every blade of grass without social interaction is the only way
Are you saying shoot'm in the back. Which all things considered, is AOK by me !!! :2 thumbs up:

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
boycotts - 'our side' continues to declare: "We're Against Boycotts..." and i've always wondered why

Don't Participate - don't involve yourself, or involve yourself with any / all .gov as little as possible, stop asking for permission, begin to get used to saying: So What? and I Don't Care! and the important one:, make it a phrase: No Thanks!

Pay Off Your Debt - make it economically painful for them to sustain it, at least from where you stand

Stop Attending Pro Sports Games, ALL OF THEM, College and High School events are still allowed but if they kneel, then it's incumbent you never return

Save Your Value in Items, Assets that can't be taxed are valuable when taxes are increasing

Home School Your Children - no need to explain

don't become myopic, that's what they are counting on, us discussing our futures amongst ourselves, never really stepping out to become involved

'they' really don't like it when us dinosaurs touch elbows with the other generations of Americans
(piss 'em all off and go to the mall, if it's still open, talk to the youth, make their lives miserable if that's what you like...let them know we're still alive...it's all for fun of course...)

-

and i don't plan on going to jail but, in a few scenarios i've thought about, my execution by the state is a real possibility

but, to the larger degree, it all depends on the choices i make and the witness' i leave behind

am i right?

:summer:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Buck, yer preach'n to the choir ! Or, in other words, I agree.:2 thumbs up:
We are doing just about all of that plus living away from the leaches.
Don't Participate - don't involve yourself, or involve yourself with any / all .gov as little as possible, stop asking for permission, begin to get used to saying: So What? and I Don't Care! and the important one:, make it a phrase: No Thanks!
Gotta share a good one.
An asswhole from the sate of Orygun gave a presentation, a year late & a dollar short. He was pushing state aid to rebuild for us fire victims & admitted that it was not a lot of money & that it is was a bit late in the game (22 months late). He went on to say that if you wanted some of the money & your home would be finished before next Jan. you might want to consider quit building until funds were available.
He called for questions & I was first to get an arm in the air.
I said "You want us to quit building, to get your little, possible, money. Understand something, I am not a quitter. I only quit 2 things in my life, smoking & drinking & I cannot find anything else in life worth quitting" I got a standing ovation !!!:finished:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Are you saying shoot'm in the back. Which all things considered, is AOK by me !!! :2 thumbs up:

I’m saying people without cell phones or other tracking devices like the GPS in cars will act on their own, popping up at random and attacking politicians, media, and other enemies. They’ll disappear into the background only to be followed by a long line of copycats

It’s mighty easy to rule over peasants or spew the propaganda from the TV when you’ve got no skin in the game. If this starts happening it will cause a whole lot of “check yourself before you wreck yourself” introspection amongst our betters.

I’m not saying I’m advocating this, it’s my honest prediction on the way this is going to go.

27A00E38-5550-4DA1-84A2-7563B56F35B9.gif

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I keep liking these posts and I'm gonna make it on someone's list.
Someone said it before about knowing what's for breakfast before I do.
Reminds me of a political refuge I knew 20 years ago that was really good at chess, checkers and billiards.
When I got close to making a move, he would politely say Don't Push...then proceeded to wipe the floor with me.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the first time. But that 25% number is way off. It's more like 2.5% that would actually walk the walk.
The Revolution took 6.5% of the Americans to win it.

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Many people will continue to hang on to what they have, hoping to weather the social and economic headwinds if/until it becomes clear that the battle is hopeless. A modern day civil war would be messier than the last one, not in terms of the battlefield casualties, but rather the impact on our infrastructure. Modern people do not have the appetite for this.

At the outbreak of the civil war in 1861, a good portion of the population on both sides was comprised of self sustaining farmers, that could raise their own food and barter or work part-time trades to bolster their income. Few people today can self sustain, which limits their options during an internal conflict.

This doesn't mean a real insurrection won't happen, things will just have to get much worse before it can happen (the "nothing to lose" scenario). Those of us that understand the motivations behind Agenda 21 (rebranded as Agenda 2030), climate change, vaxx mandates, and LGBTQI+ (or whatever it has morphed into) and the implications if the globalists succeed at these initiatives KNOW that a conflict will happen, it just remains to be seen what form it will take. Our enemies know this well, which is why they have responded so fearfully to the Jan 6 so-called "insurrection". They are scared and they know that people are waking up to the nightmare.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well put. And spot on, IMO.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score