• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Queen's Beasts

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I am glad to have stumbled upon this somewhat new series while looking for my next purchase. The 1st and 2nd coins in the series both have 5-star reviews at APMEX:

http://www.apmex.com/category/28689/the-queens-beasts-silver-coins

A few years ago, the silver Britannia was getting bad reviews for poor workmanship. But now, it seems the Royal Mint has improved the quality of their coins, and now they are starting to create great coins in this series.

I think too many people take for granted the longevity of Her Majesty, but most of us will be sad if/when the day comes that Her Majesty will no longer be featured on the coins of the countries she represents.

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I really like this series and I love the two-ounce silver coins. The dragon looks really nice, was surprised it came out so fast after the griffin.

Starter

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Very nice coins, the frugal in me wont let me pay that much over melt though.
As a bullion coin, the premium is on the high side.

The idea, though, is that the reputation of this series may boost its collector value in the future, if this coin gains a strong collector base.

I bought one coin as a trial, just to see what it was like. The coin did not disappoint, but the lack of a sturdy protective holder was disappointing on the part of APMEX. They usually do better with protecting their coins (of course, a capsule is available for this coin, but it costs an extra $2.29).

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Definitely an interesting series I've been holding off but will probably have one of each just because.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Got a couple
The Queen's Dragon.jpg
The Queen's Dragon.jpg

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I have some on an ebay pricing error around 16 bucks i think, not sure which beast. Pretty sharp looking.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Looked it up. I have unicorn, dragon's a lot cooler. Picked up 10x2oz for $321 though, so can't complain.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Who are you people paying $5.40 an oz over spot per coin? Good lord I hope no one bought more than one as these.
These are just the latest coins in another high premium gimmicky series that will lose all its hype in a few years and has zero numismatic potential.
It’s much cheaper to buy a generic round and just cut out a picture of a dragon from the internet and place it on the round. You can even write queens beasts on it. All of which can be done for close to spot.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Looked it up. I have unicorn, dragon's a lot cooler. Picked up 10x2oz for $321 though, so can't complain.

Is this deal still available? That is spot price on government bullion 2 ounces!

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The latest Queens Beast is the 2019 Falcon 2-oz .999 silver coin. I bought my Queens Beast Falcon coin at a coin show last week. I paid $39 for it which was higher than what JMB had it for but I was able to buy it cash and carry at the show.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

Wow great price

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I really like this series. Glad they changed to the chain link background, looks nicer. The Falcon so far my least favorite. Hoping the Greyhound is next.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
The new Queens Beast available for pre-order. It is the Yale. I was hoping for the Greyhound.