• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Quinine for Corona virus

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I saw an interview on Kitco with Jim Rogers and he mentioned that the old Malaria remedy, Quinine, is about 80% effective against corona virus. I hadn't heard that anywhere else so I looked it up and learned that, not only is corona virus not a new thing, but neither is the knowledge that there's an effective drug for it. Apparently they don't prescribe actual Quinine anymore, they use a synthetic version because the tree they derive it from was getting decimated. Incidentally, there is a small amount of Quinine in tonic water..... so kick back with a Gin and Tonic and relax! (heavy on the water)

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I was just going to watch that interview.

Here it is:

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I saw an interview on Kitco with Jim Rogers and he mentioned that the old Malaria remedy, Quinine, is about 80% effective against corona virus. I hadn't heard that anywhere else so I looked it up and learned that, not only is corona virus not a new thing, but neither is the knowledge that there's an effective drug for it. Apparently they don't prescribe actual Quinine anymore, they use a synthetic version because the tree they derive it from was getting decimated. Incidentally, there is a small amount of Quinine in tonic water..... so kick back with a Gin and Tonic and relax! (heavy on the water)
Hydroxychloroquine, HCQS is an anti malarial drug that is being used in China to treat corona virus. HCQS is also helpful for post viral infection musculoskeletal stiffness such as in Chikungunya disease.
AntI HIV medicine, lopinavir ritonavir, and Remdesivir are active against coronaviris, Ebola, SARS, MERS etc. All man made bioengineered weapon. My 2 cents
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...r-other-existing-drugs-outwit-new-coronavirus

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Quinine (or a substitute) is too simple and inexpensive to manufacture.. Big Pharma will come up with something that costs hundreds per dose.
Ding,ding,ding ding!
We have a winner, Ladies and Gents!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Tonic...

as in Gin and Tonic, contains Quinine! So, you know... get stonkered on G&T's!