• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Quit Tobacco to help buy more bullion!!!

I quit smoking and chew December 20, 2016. Approaching 11 months now. Hardest thing I ever did. I quit with my girlfriend who smoked and now we each have more money to stack with. It's not a lot but nice to have a few extra dollars a month to stack PM's with.

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I have a friend who is trying to get out of debt but smokes...I have made the suggestion that she stop smoking and use the savings to help pay off the debt....that would add a least another $30 a month to paying off debt. Nope. Can't do it...not even on the table.

I have a friend who is trying to get out of debt but smokes...I have made the suggestion that she stop smoking and use the savings to help pay off the debt....that would add a least another $30 a month to paying off debt. Nope. Can't do it...not even on the table.
Quitting smoking and chewing added an extra 10oz silver bar a month for me. My addiction was pretty bad.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I quit smoking and chew December 20, 2016. Approaching 11 months now. Hardest thing I ever did. I quit with my girlfriend who smoked and now we each have more money to stack with. It's not a lot but nice to have a few extra dollars a month to stack PM's with.
I gave up booze and smokes, amazing the money I have now.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
She smokes 3 cigarettes a day? For most smokers isn't it about $240 a month?

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
At the risk of seemingly making light of your efforts, I'm not, quitting cigs is obviously difficult, but for some reason this thread brings this classic to mind:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
How Exoman's mom died from the world's leading cause of preventable death. Quit smoking now.
Banshee Moon

Published on Apr 21, 2018
How Exoman's mom died from the world's leading cause of preventable death. Quit smoking now.

Exoman's mother developed heart and lung diseases COPD and emphysema from many years of smoking.

From C. Everett Koop quotes: By the year 2025, 500 million people will die of smoking. Now, that's a Vietnam War every day for 27 years. That's the Titanic sinking every 27 minutes for 27 years.

Exoman believes that the best and healthiest way to quit smoking is cold turkey during a water only fast.

Best way to quit smoking cigarettes.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Lost both my grandfathers to cigarettes and one grandmother. Lost my Dad to cigarettes. He had his first heart attack at the age of 48, then had to fight for the last 25 years of his life and finally died of congestive heart failure. Lost uncles, aunts, friends, coworkers. They all paid their hard earned money, every day, for the privilege of destroying their health and dying painfully. All good people.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Lost both my grandfathers to cigarettes and one grandmother. Lost my Dad to cigarettes. He had his first heart attack at the age of 48, then had to fight for the last 25 years of his life and finally died of congestive heart failure. Lost uncles, aunts, friends, coworkers. They all paid their hard earned money, every day, for the privilege of destroying their health and dying painfully. All good people.
Sorry to hear this. Thanks for sharing.

I have a good friend who has COPD. Getting worse by the week. He was a big time smoker for years. I think he would give every dime he has for a new set of lungs but that isn't going to happen'

He tells everyone he can..............Just don't smoke.