• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Railroad Companies Desperate For Workers Offer Hiring Bonuses

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Jobs in trucking, aviation and the railroad, require workers to be drug free. The Postal Service has had 1,000 openings in Colorado and those applicants have to be drug free, too.

If you want to be high, then the door is going to be closed for you, from many good paying jobs.

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Jobs in trucking, aviation and the railroad, require workers to be drug free. The Postal Service has had 1,000 openings in Colorado and those applicants have to be drug free, too.

If you want to be high, then the door is going to be closed for you, from many good paying jobs.
Don't leave out race for postal jobs.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Don't leave out race for postal jobs.
I know many blacks that work for the USPS. They were hired, because they are military Veterans, not because of their race. They served and they go hired.

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Over many years I have known many white vets turned down for USPS jobs because of quotas. Not drug users, no police records. good background records. While I am at it let me tell you about the IRS. I did service work for one of their main branches. The white guy maintaining their computers told me many times how he was being passed over for a promotion by blacks over and over. I have been around the block a few times and could tell you of many other times whites have been passed over.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I agree that the hiring process and promotions for government jobs is insane. Nepotism, cronyism and other issues show their ugly head in hiring and promotions. Seen many times, where certain people have the "birthright" to positions.

As a partially disabled Veteran, I have had to point out to hiring managers, etc., the statutes that are used in hiring of disabled Vets. They are not happy to acknowledge them.

We have to remember that a Veteran can be male or female. White, black, Indian, Asian, etc.. So the term "Veteran preference" can mean that the Veteran can be either gender or any race. We all served.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
You’re a fool if you think that in this day and age minorities don’t get the nod over whites when it comes to promotions and/or hiring.

I’m a veteran also and I spent a military career watching blacks, women & Spanish speakers get preferential treatment over white males.