• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
NeverTrumpsters...Unrealistic expectations begets intense disappointment!

We haven't got Hillary, that's good enough for me!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
We haven't got Hillary, that's good enough for me!
That is exactly what the Obama supporters said about the Bush clan.
That is exactly what the Bush supporters said about the Dims and Gore.
That is exactly what the Bill Clinton supporters said about the Bush clan and the Repukes.

When Trump is gone we will have people saying the same thing about the conman Trump.

Reagan ran on a platform which was 90% based on the debt going out of control, at the time hitting 1 trillion for the first time in the nation's history. He said he would fix that, 10 years later the debt hit 4 trillion - a 4 fold increase.

Americans are living on the fumes of a once great nation and those fumes are soon running out. Every year the nation delivers 300 million dollars to its creditors by way of our debt's interest payments alone - that does not include the trade imbalance or paying down principal.

Continuing the American decline may be good enough for you, but it's not for me nor for my children.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Politicians have been selling out the American people for decades yet you think one president, Trump or no Trump, can fix all that in a single year with just about every establishment politician in DC against him. Sometime I wonder what you people smoke to get THAT high!

I'm getting pretty fed up with this anti American sentiment. If you hate your president then stop posting your complaints on the internet and get the fuck out!. Nobody cares about your feelings!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
... get the fuck out!. Nobody cares about your feelings!
You get the fuck out - people and sheeple like YOU are the problem. First you tell us we're wrong, then you tell us it can't be done, then you tell us to shut up, take it the way it is and be a patriot or get out.

And those are not my feelings, those are facts I posted - not feelings. Figure out the difference!

The first step to fixing a problem is to admit you have a problem and to identify it correctly. My post stands as facts, not feelings and when people like you understand the difference then maybe there will be hope for our nation.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You get the fuck out - people and sheeple like YOU are the problem. First you tell us we're wrong, then you tell us it can't be done, then you tell us to shut up, take it the way it is and be a patriot or get out.

And those are not my feelings, those are facts I posted - not feelings. Figure out the difference!

The first step to fixing a problem is to admit you have a problem and to identify it correctly. My post stands as facts, not feelings and when people like you understand the difference then maybe there will be hope for our nation.
Whine to your heart's content. Nobody cares! Trump is the POTUS, like it or not!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Whine to your heart's content. Nobody cares!
First they tell us we're wrong, then they tell us it can't be done, then they tell us to shut up, take it the way it is and be a patriot or get out.

Then when it's clear that they are actually the problem, they tell you to go ahead and "don't shut up, nobody's listening anyway."

Hahaha - thanks for the laugh! ... Have a great rest of your day and a great 2018!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
First they tell us we're wrong, then they tell us it can't be done, then they tell us to shut up, take it the way it is and be a patriot or get out.

Then when it's clear that they are actually the problem, they tell you to go ahead and "don't shut up, nobody's listening anyway."

Hahaha - thanks for the laugh! ... Have a great rest of your day and a great 2018!
You too, God Bless!

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Every year the nation delivers 300 million dollars to its creditors by way of our debt's interest payments alone - that does not include the trade imbalance or paying down principal.
I wouldn't worry to much. My children will inherit real dollars not some phone paper stuff. Those 300 million we pay the interest with are the same paper dollars that have never been real money.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I wouldn't worry to much. My children will inherit real dollars not some phone paper stuff. Those 300 million we pay the interest with are the same paper dollars that have never been real money.
We don't have a manufacturing base to compete. Real assets are being sold to offshore places. The Chinese invented paper money, you don't just walk away from the table and you don't stand up and draw your guns. BTW, where do we rank now in terms of the quality of our education system? A lot higher than we will in the future.

Believe me, I wish you were right, but you're not. One way or another, the children will pay.

Your children will likely be better protected than most, but surrounded by poverty and stuck in a dishonest system looking to steal from you will not be easy for them to navigate and even if they can, for how long will their savings and employment income last them? There's a lot of flux in the answers to those questions and we're not currently in control of the most significant factors which will impact them.

You can go 100% self sufficient and completely off the grid, like Bush's Paraguay ranch, but if you're small time, you may find this also will fail you in the end.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
for silver, has cleared and holding above the 200 dma, but is more choppy than gold

again, that is right around that 17 handle, and back into that range from Oct and Nov

still needs to clear that 1740-45 area to have any real strength,

2.png

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Dollar broke below 90, and continuing to sink, leading to good action in metals

Watch commods in '18 period, oil is leading the pack for now

Gold and silver clearing near term resistance this am,

Gold closing in on 1350 while Silver is up 28

Gold has an old recent high around 1360 to clear the winds

Silver needs to get above 1740 to clear its recent range action

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
silver had a more dramatic move, but the end result is far more muted,

still hanging on that longer range, and nowhere near those old highs seen on the chart,

much more work to do in silver as it is about 4% behind gold at this point,

or in other words, would take another 4% move to get to those old highs around 1825

it is as though gold is dragging it along, kicking and screaming all the way, like a frustrated little toddler

1.png

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Dollar rallies off a 3-year low in sudden reversal after Trump says it will get 'stronger and stronger'

The dollar reversed its losses and went positive Thursday, after President Donald Trump said the greenback will strengthen because of the growing U.S. economy and that his Treasury secretary's comments favoring a weak dollar were taken out of context.

Trump commented Thursday, in an interview with CNBC, after the dollar declined about 2 percent in two days to a three-year low. It began to fall sharply after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said a weak dollar is positive for trade in remarks at the World Economic Forum Wednesday.

Mnuchin attempted to clarify his remarks Thursday, but the currency market continued to react to Mnuchin's comments as though he was veering away from the dollar policy that's been in place since the 1990s.

"I think they were taken out of context, cause I read his exact statement and I'll tell you where I stand, which ultimately is very important," Trump said in the interview witih CNBC. "No. 1 I don't like talking about it because frankly nobody should be talking about it. It should be what it is, it should also be based on the strength of the country - we are doing so well. Our country is becoming so economically strong again and strong in other ways too, by the way that the dollar is going to get stronger and stronger and ultimately I want to see a strong dollar."

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Dollar rallies off a 3-year low in sudden reversal after Trump says it will get 'stronger and stronger'

The dollar reversed its losses and went positive Thursday, after President Donald Trump said the greenback will strengthen because of the growing U.S. economy and that his Treasury secretary's comments favoring a weak dollar were taken out of context.

Trump commented Thursday, in an interview with CNBC, after the dollar declined about 2 percent in two days to a three-year low. It began to fall sharply after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said a weak dollar is positive for trade in remarks at the World Economic Forum Wednesday.

Mnuchin attempted to clarify his remarks Thursday, but the currency market continued to react to Mnuchin's comments as though he was veering away from the dollar policy that's been in place since the 1990s.

"I think they were taken out of context, cause I read his exact statement and I'll tell you where I stand, which ultimately is very important," Trump said in the interview witih CNBC. "No. 1 I don't like talking about it because frankly nobody should be talking about it. It should be what it is, it should also be based on the strength of the country - we are doing so well. Our country is becoming so economically strong again and strong in other ways too, by the way that the dollar is going to get stronger and stronger and ultimately I want to see a strong dollar."

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
over the years, we have seen many instances of the politicians trying to talk their currencies one way or another,

japan, china, zero and more

all ended up eventually caving to market pressures as the dominant trend continued to assert itself,
at times, it ended up costing them a lot of fiat before they capitulated

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Here you can see long term rates price moving down, and rates moving up

first up is prices moving down on the long bonds

1.png

next up, you can see rates moving up, which should hit the housing industry and affordability, right when there is a lack of new supply

int rates.jpg

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I guess the Plunge Protection Team (PPT) decided to not come to work today..............

DOW: Down 341 points

Nasdaq: Down 60 points

S&P 500: Down 27 points

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Everything is currently down ATM:

cryptos: down big double digits across the board with bitcoin currently down 17% to $7830

DOW, S&P & Nasdaq futures: down at the moment

Gold and silver: currently down

NOTE: "official" gov't jobs report comes out today at 8:30 AM EST

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Here is an update after the carnage yesterday,

SP 500 takes a massive dump in one session,

spx.png

remember how we spoke to the oddity of stocks and bonds both moving to the up?
The abnormality of it?
Well, here we get to also see the flip side of it, everything paper tossed as the mad scramble was on to generate liquidity

Bonds get the snot knocked out of them also,

usb.png

Finally, we have gold,
One of the supposed reasons to hold gold was to provide a safety net in times of crisis right?
Well, not so much,
Gold gets slaughtered, and putting in a massive double top that will now be a bitch to overcome

gold.png

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
DOW futures down 131 points

S&P Futures down 7.25 points

Nasdaq futures down 2 points

Another potential day for more losses in the stock market.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
tptb throwing a tantrum because of the state of the union, memo release, jobs numbers, etc...... Proving markets are rigged and they are in total control.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
DOW was down 665.75 on Friday. Now where have we seen that number before?

Golden Regards
Uncle

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Is that a world wide message to all sleeper cells?
Yea pretty close to 666......... but when down is at 25K it was the same as a 333 point drop at 12.5K......... but in your head the fear of a big drop scares us.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The DOW down currently 551 points as I type this post.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The DOW is now down 838 points as I type this post. About 30-minutes left in the trading day, it might be ending up dropping 1000-points today

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The DOW is now down 838 points as I type this post. About 30-minutes left in the trading day, it might be ending up dropping 1000-points today

DOW is now down 1068 points as I type this with 7 minutes left in the trading day.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The DOW finished the day down 1175.21 (down 4.6%). On a points-basis (not a % basis), it is the largest down day ever for the DOW. The DOW was down as much as 1600 points at its low point today. The S&P 500 is down 4.1%. YIKES!!!!

It's interesting to me that we are 10 years from the 2008 financial crisis so I wonder if 2018 will be like 2008??? Hmmmmmm..............

Just rambling................

Last edited: