• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...il-prices-are-not-good-emerging-markets-india

How counter intuitive. I presumed that lower oil prices would be good for India and emerging markets GDP!
More than that it might be the ease of availability of dollars that translate into stability of asset prices, general confidence and further spending, ultimately leading to growing GDP. No dollars means liquidity crunch and vicious cycle of self feeding deflation. May be this is true for China too.

https://www.ft.com/content/93f66f20-db93-11e8-9f04-38d397e6661c
The paucity of dollars is affecting the repayment of debt? Public sector government banks have been hiding their toxic non performing assets and the Reserve bank of india(RBI) wants that these zombie banks and assets be publicly scrutinized and quick bankruptcy process be established as a warning to the defaulters.
This move would be highly controversial and social unacceptable in a election year.
Moreover the Modi govt wants free money from RBI to launch his election year promise of free dole.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
lower oil along with trade restrictions certainly take away dollars available worldwide.

because of our current oil production, could be a safe bet that there are a number of exporters that are short dollars that they were accustomed to receiving for their production.

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Europe's Dirty Money Machine Is a Lot Bigger Than First Thought

https://www.yahoo.com/news/europe-apos-dirty-money-machine-000000353.html

(Bloomberg) -- As the Danske Bank A/S laundering scandal grows in scope, Denmark’s financial regulator now says it’s expecting other countries to investigate how their banks might have been involved.

In testimony to European lawmakers this week, a whistle-blower revealed that another seven banks, and countless shell companies, were involved in the $230 billion case. The list includes three correspondent banks, which Bloomberg and other media have identified as Deutsche Bank AG, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Bank of America Corp.

The head of the Danish regulator, Jesper Berg, told Bloomberg that Danske employees seem to have made little effort to disguise the identity of clients behind the suspicious transactions, meaning correspondent banks should have had some idea of what they were dealing with.

“Obviously most supervisors coming across a case of this magnitude will start looking at how their own banks may be involved,” Berg said. Danske had “three correspondent banks at the time that eventually opted out of handling these payments.”

“It is my impression that the Swift transactions were not manipulated, so it has been relatively evident, to those who received these Swift transactions, what kind of customers they were dealing with,” Berg said. (The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, or Swift, is a network through which banks share information about transactions.)

The Whistle-Blower

Howard Wilkinson, who used to run Danske’s Baltic trading unit before becoming Europe’s best-known whistle-blower, says suspicious clients in the former Soviet Union sent money to four Russian banks in a scheme that lasted until 2015. From there the funds went mainly to Danske’s Estonian branch, but also to units in Denmark and Lithuania. After that, the money was sent into the global financial system via the three correspondent banks.

Bloomberg reported earlier this month that Deutsche Bank, Bank of America and JPMorgan have been contacted by investigators in the U.S. in connection with the Danske case. All three banks declined to comment on that report.

This week, Deutsche Bank said that, as a correspondent bank, “your only relationship is with the bank and the bank itself has the responsibility to check its own client to monitor the transaction and to do all these kinds of checks.” The regulator in Germany, known as BaFin, is said to have asked the bank for more details.

Meanwhile, investigations into Danske in several jurisdictions, including in the U.S., are ongoing. Berg says “there’s strong reason to believe that the Estonian unit was subject to criminal activity.”

Here’s a recap of the main headlines of the week:
One of Wilkinson’s most startling statements was that Danske offered him money in exchange for his silence. The bank says it has no evidence that’s true, but that it won’t investigate the allegation.Shell companies were also dragged into the limelight, with Wilkinson calling those registered in the U.K. as “worst of all” when it comes to enabling financial crime.Denmark’s minister in charge of bank laws has said he doesn’t think Danske will need to hold more capital to create a buffer for potential fines, after already adding about $1.5 billion. Wilkinson’s testimony set the agenda during the week, and shares in both Danske and Deutsche Bank fell after his first appearance on Monday.Wilkinson lambasted what he characterized as Europe’s failure to protect whistle-blowers and said he fears for his safety after coming forward.Denmark’s government said it wants to talk to Wilkinson about some of his statements, including the allegation that Danske paid him hush money.

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
sc.png

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
lower oil along with trade restrictions certainly take away dollars available worldwide.

because of our current oil production, could be a safe bet that there are a number of exporters that are short dollars that they were accustomed to receiving for their production.
The fed unwinding it's balance sheet of 30 billion a month this year may have some impact. Next month they're supposed to increase that to 50 billion a month IIRC. Seems like 600 billion a year coming out of the economy should have an impact but not sure how much.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gas prices low. Cars on the road. Black Friday numbers will be interesting.........

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
The fed unwinding it's balance sheet of 30 billion a month this year may have some impact. Next month they're supposed to increase that to 50 billion a month IIRC. Seems like 600 billion a year coming out of the economy should have an impact but not sure how much.
Everything hinges upon how much leverage was formerly applied to the $30, $50 & $600 bb's.... Secondly has the leverage that existed post the GFC been fully or partially delevered... I presume that the absence of a major or even minor crash suggests that a slow steady deleveraging campaign has been underway for several years... $600 bb isnt much considering that the world GDP is estimated to perform about $75 tt in annual transactions...

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GM crashing again. How could this happen???

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
was in talking with a banker today, he mentioned long term rates flatlining,

stated yes I saw that, and that typically is not a positive thing,

he then stated, yes that can mean that the market is worried about something on the horizon

we spoke of rising rates, and he mentioned over the past week how it had come down 20 pts. Not a big drop, but it was in the face of rising rates. I stated that will be rectified quite readily if the fed follows thru and raises again in dec.

curious though, I stated the rate I was getting was still solid as heck,
he came back with, it is quite different than a year ago in the 4's
and his assistant came back with, 'historically compared it is a good rate'

point to that is, it seems as though they are under the impression that the addiction to the lower rates is all too real (reading between the lines here), and that if rates continue to rise, things will seize up

-------

BB and I were discussing the shortage of dollars and how the dollar index continues its rise, now over 97

this will put pressure on oil as we have seen,

then we got to talking about how most have it confused, therein our budgets deficits were to go flat or to even surplus, that it would cause even larger problems as a dollar shortage becomes even more acute,

a discussion we have had here before and currently, is if the us deficits are actually a way of inserting dollars into the world economy

that the whole deficit discussion is but a mirage,

note that the dollar has been rising even though potus and his girlfriends cannot stem the flow of red ink in washington. So maybe they aren't supposed to?

Such as that whole thing about the increased military budget, or is that just code for insert more dollars into the world economy?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
again or prior?

not yet, but yes prior

----------
Yea i just saw where Trump tweeted something about the 11.2 billion bailout they got from taxpayers. We the sheep are just supposed to keep funding this sheet. Millions closing in on retirement and broke because the Gov took a cut of everything they did their entire lives. That cut would have funded their retirement, instead it's funding over bloated federal employee pensions and paychecks.
Someday it will come down to we the people versus the federal Gov.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Yea i just saw where Trump tweeted something about the 11.2 billion bailout they got from taxpayers. We the sheep are just supposed to keep funding this sheet. Millions closing in on retirement and broke because the Gov took a cut of everything they did their entire lives. That cut would have funded their retirement, instead it's funding over bloated federal employee pensions and paychecks.
Someday it will come down to we the people versus the federal Gov.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2018/10/10/gm-board-jami-miscik/1588301002/

She certainly has an interesting background. CFR, Morgan Stanley, Lehman brothers before they went bankrupt, Kissenger associates and now GM.
The article is from Oct of this year. Hardly enough time for her to go in and destroy the entire company one month later. Honestly though GM should have shut it's doors years ago. Another 11 billion in taxpayer dollars down the tubes. I guess thats only about 100 bucks for every taxpayer though.

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The Dow and Nasdaq had a great run today. Bear market rally or another bull market? Short covering rally? Was waiting for the market to go down some more before buying. But as usual day late and dollar short. May be with the algo trading and computer frenzy there is never going to be any capitulation. Unlike GM and Main Street where money dries out, the Wall Street party never pauses. Well I also don't want a repetition of 2008 money printing circus and bailing out everything. I guess there are no easy choices except to keep printing slowly, so no one will object to ever raising costs.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2018/10/10/gm-board-jami-miscik/1588301002/

She certainly has an interesting background. CFR, Morgan Stanley, Lehman brothers before they went bankrupt, Kissenger associates and now GM.
The article is from Oct of this year. Hardly enough time for her to go in and destroy the entire company one month later. Honestly though GM should have shut it's doors years ago. Another 11 billion in taxpayer dollars down the tubes. I guess thats only about 100 bucks for every taxpayer though.
The way I see it, GM/Delco has a standing put, as they produce many engines & transmissions (drivetrains) used in U.S. & NATO vehicles. They also produce other military electronic components & hardware etc. used in military & .gov applications. Like it or not, GM & U.S. .gov are attached at the hip, at least for now anyway. Before GM can be allowed to completely crash, the military must quickly & heavily transition away from the various products GM supply's.... JMO

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The way I see it, GM/Delco has a standing put, as they produce many engines & transmissions (drivetrains) used in U.S. & NATO vehicles. They also produce other military electronic components & hardware etc. used in military & .gov applications. Like it or not, GM & U.S. .gov are attached at the hip, at least for now anyway. Before GM can be allowed to completely crash, the military must quickly & heavily transition away from the various products GM supply's.... JMO
Don't you think a Tesla like innovation ( actually a tax payer subsidy for frivolous ideas ) be funded to see if any of these can run the next energy less vehicles? There are so many short sellers on the Tesla boards who have been repeatedly duped by vested interests. I am again reminded of hypertiger 'S food powered make work enterprise. Yes better to kick the can down the road with little more accounting gimmicks.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
When the bailed out GM & stuck the bond holders I thought it was rigged.......
Just imagine if you were Ford & hoping your competitor finally tripped & it would be to your advantage..........

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Just imagine if you were Ford & hoping your competitor finally tripped & it would be to your advantage..........
The old GM stock holders who lost it all from one of the classic dividend paying stocks were real happy as well. New stock issued, not for you. Let this thing die already.

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
No just not GM alone, how about AIG insurance giant that had to be bailed out so there were no more Lehman events? You are correct it sets up a bad example of risk takers at government aka tax payers expense. This scenario is being played all over the world.

Buy titanium instead of buying gold at least we can have titanium implants for broken bones!

If only we know all the companies that TPTB are going to bail out, I would invest my retirement money in those stocks. It is rigged and I had a friend who told me that GM was going to become bankrupt in 2003. I just laughed her off. She explained to me about corporate debt and roll over of corporate debt. I just could not believe what she said that they had debt till their eyeballs. Unfortunately she believed in what she said and used to broadly short sell the market heavily. That did not end well.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
after the g20

gold up 10 and silver up 27

grains catching a bid with beans on the move

oil up over $2 as we look now

stocks up big

Now its going to get very interesting... OPTION A: The DJIA is either printing a double bottom & the markets are going to rally hard, a.k.a. a bear trap or; OPTION B: The DJIA is set up to print a triple top break-down, a.k.a. a bull trap.... Personally I think the bears are about to get slaughtered & placed in hybernation for a time. NIA, I am no invested in the paper markets, DYODD

sc.png

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Shorts on Tesoro ( TSRO) got killed today when smithkline Glaxo bought it up for 5 billion dollars. The next trick for Wall Street is M and A activity. Don't know where the market goes, but I suspect it's being engineered higher to get the suckers in. I am hearing 50,000 Dow to 100,000 Dow. And may be the dollar value to slowly erode even more.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I'm still waiting on 28k Dow then minor correction before moving to 32k followed by a major fibbo correction ... this has been my long term projection & forecast going back to 2014. We'll see!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Get Woke, Go Broke? DICK'S Sporting Goods Warns Investors That Decision To Get Rid Of Guns Cost Company Dearly

Dick's Sporting Goods is warning investors that its decision to remove certain "assault-style" weapons from its Field & Stream stores cost it dearly and may limit its future gains.

The sporting goods retailer was forced to confront angry shareholders late last week after its stocks tanked more than 4.5% and financial conglomerate J.P. Morgan Chase downgraded Dick's shares, from "overweight" to "neutral."

"Gross margin-driven upside appears less probable given 3Q's performance, changing comparisons, and rising inventory levels," an analyst for J.P. Morgan told CNBC. The same analyst noted that same-store sales for Dick's outlets are expected to grow less than 1% even as the company's inventory rises.

That's right, maybe others will learn a lesson from this, lol

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38935/dicks-sporting-goods-warns-investors-our-decision-emily-zanotti

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Dow fell nearly 800 points (down 799.36 points). S&P 500 fell 90 points (S&P 500 currently at 2700). Something about the the 200 moving average being broken today among the "technical damage" that was done to the stock market today according to the MSM talking heads.

Gas prices (in my area of TN anyway) are under $2/gallon.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ooooooooooh boy!!!! Here we go again.........................

DOW futures....................Down 441.07 points.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The question now remains is if this "death" of bitcoin will be final death of bitcoin (i.e. will not rally back).

FWIW: The Forbes article mentions "technical indicators" for this most recent ongoing "death" of bitcoin:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyb...ows-after-wild-swings-heres-why/#6a028b2377f4

One part of the article stated that the "mean" for bitcoin is $1500. Sooooo...............A reversion to the mean????? Perhaps. I do not know. We will see.

ALSO FWIW: everything is going down as of late except.......................gold.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
1 Bitcoin equals
3,343.00 United States Dollar

I'm thinking generously that the mean is around $900 - $1100... it very well could collapse back to $450 - $500...

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
1 Bitcoin equals
3,343.00 United States Dollar

I'm thinking generously that the mean is around $900 - $1100... it very well could collapse back to $450 - $500...

Yeah I saw that price quote too. I guess I got used to looking at coinmarketcap.com for my quotes. Most people and several articles seem to use coinmarketcap.com as a source. Old habits never die with me and coinmarketcap.com. LOL!!!!

EDIT: Either way it does not look good for bitcoin in this most recent "death spiral". I lost count with how many times bitcoin has "died". Is this the final "death" of bitcoin? Who really knows. The degenerate speculator in me wants to jump in but my safe place of the "sidelines" still feels warm and comfortable to me still. Vachcing and vaiting..........

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling