• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Where did this come from? Try not to get whiplash! Wants to control power.........

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...nuclear-power-plants-across-pacific-northwest

Bill Gates Next Project: Building Nuclear Power Plants Across The Pacific Northwest

by Tyler Durden

Fri, 08/28/2020 - 19:40

Twitter Facebook Reddit Email
Print

Here comes the next Bill Gates project which, like his others, aims to solve climate change and save the planet. However, this time, some of the critics of Gates & Co.'s approach have warned that the advanced nuclear power plants he's now trying to build (which would "supplement" the northwest's power grid) might be vulnerable to terror attacks due to high levels of enriched uranium.

In a report published Thursday, Reuters revealed, for the first time, a new campaign by the Gates-controlled TerraPower LLC (Gates is chairman of the company's board) to build commercial advanced nuclear energy plants called "Natrium" in the US later in the decade. The project will focus on the Pacific Northwest, where Gates has won the backing of three major utilities in the region, including Berkshire Hathaway-owned PacifiCorp (of course Gates' best buddy Warren Buffett was more than willing to help out, we imagine).
After President Trump scrapped a plan to build these advanced power plants in and around Beijing, Gate's TerraPower was forced to shift its focus back to the US, according to Reuters.

Gates had initially hoped to build an experimental nuclear plant near Beijing with state-owned China National Nuclear Corp. But last year, TerraPower was forced to seek new partners after the Trump administration restricted nuclear deals with China.​
If the initial plants are a success, the company hopes to build them across the US, and abroad, hoping to provide a means of buttressing energy grids that are increasingly dependent on renewable power like solar and wind. By mid-century, "we would see hundreds of these reactors around the world, solving multiple different energy needs,” said Chris Levesque, the president and CEO of TerraPower, said. The 345-megawatt plants would be cooled by liquid sodium and cost about $1 billion each, and the complex technology would allow for the introduction of nuclear energy in countries that don't have those resources like...say...Iran?
And via this "Molten Salt Power Storage" technique, these new-age nuclear power plants could shut down and store energy for days when the grid isn't as well supplied.
Nuclear power is a top source of virtually emissions-free electricity, but many plants are shutting in the United States because of high costs and competition from solar and wind. Critics of advanced nuclear have also warned that smaller nuclear is even more expensive than conventional. The new plants, however, are designed to complement a renewable power because they will store the reactor power in tanks of molten salt during days when the grid is well supplied.
The nuclear power could be used later when solar and wind power are low due to weather conditions. Molten salt power storage has been used at thermal solar plants in the past, but leaks have plagued some of the projects.​
Even though questions about practicality and affordability continue to plague the project, Gates and Levesque insist that nuclear power can be an important component of a "fossil fuel free" energy grid.
However, nonproliferation experts warn that these plants could become targets for attack because their uranium fuel would be even more highly enriched than conventional nuclear fuel.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Doug Casey on Why Your Nation-State Is On Its Way To The Scrap Heap of History

People believe the State is necessary and—generally—good. They never even question whether the institution is permanent.

My view is that the institution of the State itself is a bad thing. It’s not a question of getting the right people into the government; the institution itself is hopelessly flawed and necessarily corrupts the people that compose it, as well as the people it rules. This statement invariably shocks people, who believe that government is both a necessary and permanent part of the cosmic firmament.

The problem is that government is based on coercion, and it is, at a minimum, suboptimal to base a social structure on institutionalized coercion. In fact, it’s not only possible but increasingly necessary to minimize organized coercion. For society to function in the 21st century and beyond, the State has to be minimized—a reversal of the current trend. Even while technology controlled by the State makes it ever more dangerous, those same technologies make the State increasingly obsolete.

Communication technologies are an example. One of the huge changes brought on by the printing press and advanced exponentially by the Internet is that people can now easily pursue different interests and points of view. As a result, we have less and less in common with each other. Living in the same political jurisdiction is no longer enough to make us "countrymen" with strangers.

That’s a big change from earlier times, when members of the same region had almost everything in common, including genetics, language, traditions, religion, and worldview. That’s no longer the case with today’s nation-states. If you’re honest, you may find you now have very little in common with most of your countrymen besides superficialities and trivialities.

Ponder that point for a minute.

What do you have in common with your fellow countrymen? A mode of living, perhaps a common language, possibly some shared experiences and myths, and a common ruler… but very little of any real meaning or importance. In fact, your fellow citizens are more likely to be an active danger to you than those of a presumed "enemy" country like Iran. If you earn a good living, and certainly if you own a business and have assets, your fellow Americans are the ones who actually present the clear and present danger.

The average American (about 50% of them now) pays no income tax. Even if he’s not actually a direct or indirect employee of the government, he’s a net recipient of its largesse—which is to say your wealth—through Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and numerous other welfare programs. Not to mention the multitrillion-dollar giveaways of recent months.

Over the years, I’ve found that I have much more in common with people of my own socio/economic station in France, Argentina, or Hong Kong than with a US Government employee in Washington or a resident of the LA barrios, a project in Chicago, or a trailer park somewhere. They may or may not be decent people, but we don’t have too much in common. It’s very un-PC to say so, but I suspect that many of you agree with that observation.

What’s actually important in relationships is shared values, principles, interests, and philosophy. Geographical proximity and a common nationality are meaningless—no more than an accident of birth. I have much more loyalty to a friend in the Congo—although we’re different colors and have different cultures, native languages, and life experiences—than I do to the Americans who support Bernie, Kamala, and AOC. I see the world the same way my Congolese friend does; he’s an asset to my life. I’m necessarily at odds with many of "my fellow Americans"; they’re an active and growing liability. Some might read this and find a disturbing lack of loyalty to the State. It sounds seditious. As far as I can tell, there are only three federal crimes specified in the U.S. Constitution: piracy, counterfeiting, and treason. That’s a far cry from today’s world, where almost every real and imagined crime has been federalized, underscoring that the whole document is a meaningless dead letter, little more than a historical artifact.

I’m not overly concerned about piracy. But the counterfeiting and treason—not to mention over 5000 other, more recently minted, federal crimes, are problematic.

Counterfeiting is simple fraud. But the Federal Reserve now legally debases the currency on a gigantic scale. The average American, however, thinks it’s part of the cosmic firmament, assuming he even knows what it is.

Treason is usually defined as an attempt to overthrow a government or withdraw loyalty from a sovereign. This is a rather odd proviso, considering the framers of the Constitution had done just that only a few years before. That said, I suspect the government is at risk of a de facto, if not de jure, overthrow in the not too distant future. Its replacement is likely to be even less friendly to freedom.

The Constitution was imperfect, even in its original form. Its most important part, by far, is the Bill of Rights. But that’s been interpreted out of existence for all practical purposes. America was a unique and excellent idea, but it’s almost vanished. It’s been replaced by the United States—which isn’t much different from any of the other nation-states that cover the face of the globe like a skin disease. Even the United States is on the slippery slope.

The way I see it, Thomas Paine had it right when he said: "My country is wherever liberty lives."

But where does liberty live today? Actually, it no longer has a home. It’s become a true refugee since America withered away.

So now what? Here’s where the ongoing communications revolution comes in. It’s facilitated the possibility of Phyles.

Phyles

The concept of phyles originated with the sci-fi writer Neil Stephenson, in his seminal book Diamond Age. I’ve always been a big fan of quality science fiction. There’s no question sci-fi has been, and still is, a vastly better predictor of social and technological trends than anything else—including full-time "think tanks."

The book, set mostly in China in the near future, posits that while states still exist, they’ve been overwhelmed in importance by the formation of phyles. Phyles are groups of people bound by whatever is important to them. Maybe it will be their race, religion, or culture. Maybe their occupation or hobby. Maybe their worldview or what they want to accomplish in life. Maybe it’s a fairly short-term objective. There are thousands—millions—of possibilities.

The key is that a phyle might provide much more than a fraternal or beneficial organization (like Rotary or Lions) does. I take the concept quite seriously. It’s one reason I believe organized charity is on its way out. "Big charity" is mostly a scam to benefit its managers and allow its enablers to feel righteous, while generally degrading its supposed beneficiaries. Phyles would know their members personally, obviating most fraud and self-aggrandizement.

In the same vein, phyles might provide insurance services very effectively, since a like-minded group—held together by peer pressure and social approbation—eliminates a lot of moral risk. It might very well offer protection services; a criminal might readily harm a citizen "protected" by a State. But they’ll think twice before attacking members of the Mafia—which is, in fact, a criminal variety of phyle.

People are social. They’ll inevitably organize themselves into groups for all the reasons you can imagine.

In the past, technology only allowed people to organize themselves by geography—they had to be in the same area. That’s changed over the last century, with the emergence of the train, the car, and especially the airplane. The same goes for communication. The telephone and television were huge leaps, but the Internet is the catalytic breakthrough. It’s now possible for people to reach out all over the world to find others that are their actual countrymen, not just some moron who shares a piece of government ID.

As things develop, people will discover—or create—places where their loyalties lie.

The nation-state has mostly been a counterproductive and expensive nuisance; it’s rapidly becoming completely insufferable and, as governments bankrupt themselves, dangerous. The people living off the State (those who act as parasites upon their "fellow citizens") are going to resist having their rice bowls and doggy dishes broken. They’ll undoubtedly use the coercive powers of the State to try to maintain the status quo.

The military and the police will be out in force, wearing riot gear, in the next few years. They’re necessary to maintain order in today’s world. But remember, their loyalties are first to their coworkers, then to their employer, and only then to those whom they’re supposed to "serve and protect." You can’t rely on them. You’re much better off finding a protophyle… as the real thing evolves.

The next decade is going to be tumultuous. The Greater Depression has been catalyzed by the mass hysteria surrounding COVID-19. The virus will go away in the next few months, the way they all do. But the damage the hysteria has caused will linger and compound. I suspect the bankruptcy of most States, as well as major sections of the population, are going to result in some major political and social upsets.

We’re just at the start of a new era. The State will use an intimidating variety of technologies to keep its subjects under control. Even while the Reds and the Blues—who’ve come to hate each other—each try to gain control of it.

The State will do any number of things to maintain itself, its cronies, and accompanying parasites—who all, in turn, support it. But while that happens, free thinkers will use evolving technologies to find each other and reorient their loyalties. More and more people will conclude the State no longer serves a useful purpose.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
The fantastic August jobs report didn’t get much attention on Friday, thanks to the convenient timing of The Atlantic’s hoax piece. That, of course, is one of the reasons why that piece was dropped on Friday, in fact. This is how the media coordinates with the Democrats.

But I’ll focus on it here, because it’s actual news that is in fact important. To see just how truly great this jobs report, with its 1.4 million new jobs created and 8.4 rate of unemployment (down from 10.2% in July) truly is, look this table of projections created in April by the Congressional Budget Office:

In April the Congressional Budget Office said the unemployment rate for August would be…wait for it…16 percent! Again, we’re at 8.4%, roughly half that level. That 7.6% difference represents 8 to 10 million jobs.

Also note that, barely four months ago, CBO further predicted that the rate of unemployment would not drop below even 10% throughout NEXT YEAR. This is WINNING on a grand, unprecedented scale, and if our news media was not such a raging dumpster fire of bias and ignorance, it would be the biggest story of the week.

https://dbdailyupdate.com/index.php...ch-the-media-and-democrat-riots-expand-again/

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
When is the BLM/Antifa fist symbol going to be declared a hate symbol?

That fist has been used countless times in atrocities by Marxists groups around the world that have terrorized populations and singled out victims not only for their political beliefs but also for their nationalities and creeds. A lot of times just solely on race and religion to garner attention.

If the leftist take such umbrage to statues, the stars and bars, and other symbols why do people allow these groups to sport such an emblem of hatred and evil?

I’ve known long ago that with the left it is do as I say but not as I do but I think it is high time law abiding citizens put these syncophant politicians and journalists on the spot and into some very uncomfortable positions.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
yeah, you are right,

this is the thread for that tripe,

exactly what I started it for......................

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
'A scary number' of retail companies are facing bankruptcy amid the coronavirus pandemic

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic-180604964.html

Another one dies, while one averts death — for now.

New York City-based department store chain Century 21 filed for bankruptcy and announced on Thursday that it will shut 13 locations that for years served up deep discounts on designer wares. The company pinned the blame on the COVID-19 pandemic and uncooperative insurers who were supposed to help provide the company with fiscal support during tough times.

Bankrupt J.C. Penney, meanwhile, received a bailout today from landlords Simon Property Group and Brookfield. The consortium valued the century old department store — which went bust back in May — at some $1.75 billion. A total of 650 stores will stay open, down from the more than 1,000 pre-pandemic.

The sign outside the J.C. Penney store is seen in Westminster, Colorado February 20, 2009. (REUTERS/Rick Wilking)
“It takes a long time to kill a retailer,” Forrester retail analyst Sucharita Kodali told Yahoo Finance’s The First Trade when asked about J.C. Penney. “So as long as they are able to pay their bills, which if they have an owner they will — they can absolutely be around. But that doesn’t mean death for J.C. Penney is totally off the table.”

Kodali added that J.C. Penney “may not be a great customer experience, but at least it’s alive and open. They can figure out what the plan B over five to ten years could be for that space.”

J.C. Penney joins the likes of Macy’s, which essentially mortgaged its future by raising $4.5 billion in financing in a bid to survive the year as 2020 ravaged sales.

“I don’t think J.C. Penney has a long-term future. I’m not so sure whether Macy’s has a long-term future,” former Sears Canada CEO turn Columbia Business School professor Mark Cohen previously told The First Trade. “I think the occupants of those B and C malls — the specialty stores that congregate the concourses that are increasingly vacant — may not have a future. We’re seeing an enormous number of store closings being announced — and even from the successful chains like Zara. So I think the breakage will be extraordinary and we’re seeing the first signs of it.”

The Macy's flagship store is seen boarded up after a night of violent protests and looting in Midtown, Manhattan on June 2, 2020 in New York City. (Photo: Scott Heins/Getty Images)‘That’s a scary number’
States are allowing malls and retailers to slowly reopen, but the situation remains precarious as COVID-19 infections remaining elevated. Consequently, it’s reasonable to expect malls and stores are shutdown.

“I think many of these companies will file [for bankruptcy], and it’s not a handful. It’s several dozen. And that’s a scary number,” Stifel managing director Michael Kollender, who leads the consumer and retail investment banking group for the firm, told Yahoo Finance. “It’s far more than we have seen over the last several years combined.”

Kollender and his colleague James Doak at Miller Buckfire — Stifel’s restructuring arm, where Doak is co-head — have worked on dozens of consumer and retail bankruptcies in recent years, including Aeropostale, Gymboree and Things Remembered.

“We will see some major chains go away and not come back,” Kollender added. “These are chains that were struggling before the situation. COVID-19 will put them over the ledge.”

Confirmed coronavirus cases. (David Foster/Yahoo Finance)
The pandemic has already toppled several household names. Stein Mart, a 112-year-old discounter, filed for bankruptcy in early August and will look to close most of its nearly 300 stores. The company cited significant financial stress brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic for its decision.

August also saw Lord & Taylor — the oldest U.S. department store founded in 1826 — file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after being crippled by COVID-19 store closures. The company was purchased for $100 million from Hudson’s Bay by fashion startup Le Tote in 2019. Le Tote also filed for Chapter 11.

Men’s Wearhouse-owned Tailored Brands also filed for Chapter 11 in August, too. The company said it had received $500 million in debtor-in-possession financing from existing lenders.

Meantime, Ascena Retail Group, the owner of Ann Taylor and Lane Bryant, finally filed for bankruptcy protection in late July. The company, which has been circling the bowl for years, will look to the courts to help it shave $1 billion in debt. But it’s likely the retailer will be far slimmer post bankruptcy than its current 2,800 store count.

Regional retailer Paper Store filed for Chapter 11 in July as well. The operator of 86 stationary and card stores in the Northeast said it’s looking for a buyer.

Retail bankruptcies 2020
New York & Co. parent company RTW Retailwinds also filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July after years of growing irrelevance in malls. The women’s apparel company — which changed its name to the bizarre RTW Retailwinds as part of a rebranding in 2018 — operates 378 outlet and and mall-based stores across 32 states. It may close all of its stores as part of the filing.

“The combined effects of a challenging retail environment coupled with the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic have caused significant financial distress on our business, and we expect it to continue to do so in the future. As a result, we believe that a restructuring of our liabilities and a potential sale of the business or portions of the business is the best path forward to unlock value. I would like to thank all of our associates, customers, and business partners for their dedication and continued support through these unprecedented times,” said RTW Retailwinds CEO Sheamus Toal in a statement.

Indeed it has been a brutal time for retail amidst the pandemic.

Brooks Brothers filed for bankruptcy in July. It has been dealt a twin blow to its finance from closed malls and a shift away from preppy clothing. The company would up being sold to the duo of Authentic Brands Group and Simon Property Group for $325 million.

GNC has walked through death’s door after knocking on it for years. The 85-year-old vitamin seller filed for bankruptcy in late June after years of battling waning sales and a debt load north of $1 billion. GNC plans to shutter up to 1,200 stores across the U.S. The company operates more than 5,800 stores.

A person wears a protective face mask outside the GNC store as the city continues Phase 4 of re-opening following restrictions imposed to slow the spread of coronavirus on August 7, 2020 in New York City. (Photo: Noam Galai/Getty Images)
2020 is shaping up to be one of the deadliest ever for the former icons of the mall and various shopping centers. The pandemic has kept stores closed for months and sent sales for the sector into a tailspin.

With consumers only slowly venturing back out to stores after months of being quarantined, retailers are being faced with the reality they need fewer stores open — or should no longer be in business at all.

“Some companies are just not going to survive this,” says McGrail, who is the COO of one of the world’s largest asset disposition and valuation firms, Tiger Capital Group. Its McGrail’s team — which often includes store associates of a stricken retailer — that hangs the “Everything must go” signs and works to fetch top dollar on fixtures and other inventory.

Such is the current life for McGrail and others in the retail bankruptcy and restructuring fields. In talking to a host of experts, one thing is abundantly clear: more retail bankruptcies are very likely over the next twelve months.

And while bankruptcies from Stein Mart, Lord & Taylor, RTW Retailwinds, Ascena and Brooks Brothers are headline makers, the fact is we haven’t seen a stronger uptick in bankruptcies just yet for several reasons.

A pedestrian walks past the Lord and Taylor store in Boston on Aug. 4, 2020. Lord and Taylor, filing for bankruptcy, plans to close two Boston-area stores. (Photo: Jessica Rinaldi/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)
First, preparing for a structured entry into bankruptcy typically takes two to three weeks. Retailers were only thrust into mass social distancing driven store closures in mid- to late-March. Most held out hope they would reopen stores in April, which pushed off bankruptcy planning. Second, even the worst positioned big name retailers still had enough cash on hand to move through April and May (especially with workers furloughed) — that allowed executives to consider all options besides a headline-grabbing bankruptcy.

And lastly, one of the benefits of a retailer filing for bankruptcy is to raise cash for creditors by holding store closing sales. That couldn’t happen with state mandated store closings.

‘We are in a retail tsunami,’ and it has only just begun
Most experts expect some degree of chaos to ensue even as retailers reopen their stores.

Thousands of stores across the country right now are still sitting on badly aged inventory inside of their closed — or reopened — stores. That dust-collecting stuff is being sold at fire-sale prices — the problem is that everyone in retail is doing the same exact thing, leaving retailers to earn a horrific return on that inventory investment.

Next up, retailers stand to get hammered by offering deep holiday deals in the hopes of bringing in cash flow. It’s a true death spiral for retailers.

A man walks past a Zara store on March 18, 2015. (REUTERS/Susana Vera)
Store liquidations and their rock bottom prices for merchandise, meanwhile, will pressure efforts by stronger chains to get their businesses going. That will make relatively strong retailers far less strong.

For those retailers seeking to emerge from bankruptcy, vendors are likely to be tepid to ship them product while at the same time tightening payment terms.

That one-two punch usually kills a wounded retailer for good.

Then there is the general uncertainty on how people will view going back to the mall in the new normal of social distancing. That fog of war is poised to persist well beyond the coming holiday season.

“We are in a retail tsunami,” Kollender said.

This story was originally published on June 24, 2020, and has been updated.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
FB_IMG_1600289701584.jpg

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
For most everyone else in the world, yep.
Me, I'll just do what I do.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
for those impacted by lumber prices:

lumber.png

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
natural gas also hits its near term peak, and has been dropping off,
but still quite a bit higher than it has been in some time

nat gas.png

but, and a big but, the above is a continuous contract,
below is the Nov futures contract,
notice the very large difference!

nov.png

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The Nuclear Election - Half of America Hates the Other Half

On sixth August 1945, the US dropped the world’s first nuclear weapon on Japan. Not surprisingly, the devastation that it caused changed the way the US looked at its power in the world. That perception has never changed since.

For Americans, though they may not know it yet, the 2020 presidential election will be an atomic bomb of sorts.

It will purposely be designed to be a close race and the stage is being set to ensure that, whoever the losers are, they will be hopping mad – convinced that the other side rigged the election. Both Democrats and Republicans have been pre-conditioned to believe that this is the big one – the one that will decide whether the US is controlled by Good or Evil.

Roughly half the population is now convinced, courtesy of the polarising media, that the sitting president is pure evil and that they’re doomed if he is re-elected.

And the other half of the population is convinced that the challengers are evil and will doom the country if elected.

What’s being overlooked by each side in this quandary is that they’re both correct. The US is doomed to a socio-economic crisis, regardless of the outcome of the election.

But why should this be? Admittedly, all is not well, but surely this can be remedied?

Well, unfortunately, no. In 1971, the US went off the gold standard, which had ensured that the dollar was actual money. Once it was only paper, with no gold backing, the dollar was merely a promise – no more.

As long as other countries were prepared to treat the dollar as real money, the ruse could continue. And that’s just what occurred. For decades, the US printed more and more dollars, which allowed a spoiled US to operate far beyond what was economically reasonable.

But this edifice was without a foundation. Sooner or later, a building without a foundation will most certainly come tumbling down, and the higher it is built, the greater the devastation when it does fall.

Today, the US debt is beyond any possible redemption. A collapse is, if anything, overdue, and when it comes, it will arguably be the greatest crash in history.

The fallout will be devastating. What remains of the middle class will be largely destroyed.

This does not appear to be understood by most Americans, but it’s clear that, at this point, they feel in their gut that something is dramatically wrong, even if they can’t put their finger on it.

And the media’s handling of the upcoming election plays directly into that fear. Liberal voters are being programmed to not only disapprove of conservative voters, but to literally hate them. And conservative voters are being programmed to hate liberal voters. America is now at the point that families can no longer get together for the holidays without heated arguments ensuing between those of differing party loyalties.

In the run-up to the election, we shall see increased tensions, which will be played out on the evening news – media hosts vilifying the opposing party in the strongest possible terms – plus, on the city streets, violence and destruction that’s steadily escalating.

But despite all the unrest, I contend that we are now living in the quiet time.

At present, each half of the electorate vainly hopes that the opposing bogeyman will be defeated and all will be right with the world.

This will not happen.

The stage has already been set for the electorate to believe that ballot box fraud will take place. Each side is accusing the other well in advance of election day.

More than in the 2016 election, the entire population is being prepared to be enraged over whatever the outcome will be.

It matters little which cardboard cut-out of a candidate is elected. Come fourth November, we can expect to see televised reports that there have been numerous errors in the voting. Each side will accuse the other of stuffing the ballot boxes, mailing in false votes and improper vote-counting at the polling stations. In every state, the accusations will be rife – and they’ll be aimed at each party by the opposing party.

Far from resolving itself through a recount, or whatever other method is employed, this issue will prove impossible to resolve.

The supporters of each party will claim that they are the true victors. Regardless of which party is declared the final "winner," the anger will not subside. The winners will gloat and the losers will rise up to a new level of fury.

It will be after that that the real chaos is likely to begin.

But is this not mere conjecture? A fanciful "What if?"

Unfortunately, no.

This is much the same as a "planned demolition." The US economy is on the cusp of a government-created economic crash, and whenever governments find themselves facing a crisis of their own creation, the standard procedure is to create a distraction, so that the blame does not fall on them.

In a case where the crisis is a major one, a major distraction is needed. Above all, the people must be made to blame each other rather than blame the government itself. When an entire people realise that their government has destroyed their lives, they tend to rebel against the government. Therefore, the government must create as much hatred within the populace as possible – ideally a 50/50 hatred in which the two opposing sides are as close to equal as possible. This would ensure that each side will be committed to the notion that, unless they maximise their ire, they’re in danger of becoming the losers.

The warnings are already in place and are escalating. The president has warned many times, publicly, that he will not accept an electoral defeat, stating that, if necessary, he will place police at polling stations.

Likewise, his opponents have made claims that the president plans to keep his opponents from voting, even to the extent of removing mailboxes so that mail-in voting cannot be done.

In case this warning does not generate the necessary anger, the president’s opponent in the last election has issued a strong statement that her party must be just as aggressive in maximising their position as the president and his party.

Surely, this will be a heady election season, but the real furor will begin after the election. As unlikely as it may seem, what we are presently viewing is the calm before the storm.

This is no accident. The reader may wish to ponder whether the powers that be are pursuing a larger agenda – a change in US governance, ushered in by a divisive nuclear election.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
WRONG THREAD FOR THAT RUBBISH

POLI FORUM

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Not much to say except "Wow"!!!

FB_IMG_1600781249943.jpg

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
^^ What year was that from?

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Dad used to have a reproduction SEARS catalog from 1909. Remember, that price is just the cost of material. Handling, shipping etc was all added cost. The materials, even today aren't the largest cost. Land, labor etc.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
word on the street is fallstreet is worried regarding comments by the fed,

wherein the fed more or less stated they are sitting on their hands without further direction and legislation,

read that as 'monetary stimulus' from the poli's

and of course, they thrive on phony valuations and wide open fiat spiggots

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame