• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Random Pictures thread !

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Anybody remember these other, bad, old beers?
Most of these have a definite northeast bias. I drank a lot of them when I went to school in York Pennsylvania.
Genesee
National Bohemian
Schlitz
Strohs
Iron City
Red White & Blue
Schaefer
Utica Club
Mikey's Big Mouths

<===Foolsgold

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Sure thing! It may just be that my monitor is calibrated to show more faint detail than yours. To help you see, I took the liberty of downloading your image and just did a rough brightening of the levels. The dust motes are the darker circles.

View attachment 86838

Without getting in to too much detail about flat frames I want to at least mention a few details about what they are and why they can help. Typically I only use them when I am stacking multiple images. Flat frames are an image taken using the exact same setup as you use to photograph the object. They must have the same camera orientation and even the same focus (so it might be too late for this image, but something you might consider on your next especially if you get in to stacking multiple). The difference is you would point the telescope at something that is evenly lit (I use a white board with the scope just a couple feet away, some people even use the sky after it gets light out or a white computer screen with a white t-shirt covering the objective). Expose it maybe just slightly overexposed from what the camera's meter would say. You end up with a mostly "blank" image but you will notice it will show each of the dust motes and also show how even the lighting is across the frame. I usually take about 30 flat frames so my stacking software (DeepSkyStacker) can average them together for a cleaner frame. The stacking software will divide your image by the flat frame, essentially, which causes those dark areas to lighten up proportionally in a way that can make them much harder to notice.

Feel free to PM me any time if you have any further questions about this. This is a passion of mine and having done astrophotography since 2002 perhaps I can help you avoid some of the mistakes I have made. :)

Clear skies,
Eric
Thanks Eric it means a lot to me. Glad we share the passion. I did expose the sensor and blew it out with the rocket.
- https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/259157-REG/Giottos_AA1900_Rocket_Air_Blower.html
I will get serious about keeping the sensor dust free.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Not a big drinker, I've watched alcohol ruin several of my family members who lack self control and generally don't crave it.
On occasion I'll pick up a 12 pack and have a few here and there if I take the notion.
Generally I prefer either Coors orginial, XX Amber or Stag.
When I first met my gf's father he'd brought down a case of Stag from Missouri and I was giving him shit about it while sipping my Coors, having never heard of his stuff.
He say boy your drinking horse piss compared to this stuff here. Tried it and he cut me off after 4 beers and it's probably my favorite now although kind of hard to find locally.
He says you know what Stag stands for don't ya boy? Nosir. Steak Taters And Gravy he said... goodtimes.

OverOver

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Most of these have a definite northeast bias. I drank a lot of them when I went to school in York Pennsylvania.
Genesee
National Bohemian
Schlitz
Strohs
Iron City
Red White & Blue
Schaefer
Utica Club
Mikey's Big Mouths
yes, and

Rheingold
Fort Pitt
Pearl

also, wasn't there a Bonnie Tech beer and you must also of drank Latrobe's finest

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
used to go dirt track racing on sat night, get slammed after,

then come Sun morn, head to the bar for tap beer and raw hamburger and onions.............

good grief
Driving or spectating? If driving, I totally understand. ;-)

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
For a while there I was flying out to SF once a month. Always brought a empty suitcase to fill up with Coors. That was back before they started pasturing it for nationwide delivery. Never had a problem getting someone to pick me up at the Miami airport 60 miles away.

That said, I was never a big beer drinker after I returned from Germany.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Driving or spectating? If driving, I totally understand. ;-)
hobby stock, dirt

I worked on the car to keep it going and a friend was the driver. Work your keister off for a whole week to show up and get beat up on the track, and do it all over again the next week. Constantly working on that damn thing........

We didn't have the dough to move up in class.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Genesee
National Bohemian
Schlitz
Strohs
Iron City
Red White & Blue
Schaefer
Utica Club
Mikey's Big Mouths
You forgot the Rolling Rock. We used to call it Rolling Gut. I grew up in Pennsyltucky.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Good day so far. Exercised, had a good breakfast, paid a couple of bills and now on my 2nd cup of joe.

Any fans of San Miguel and any of the fine establishments it was served in?

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Just great!

The week I decide to quit drinking and Scorp opens a bar.

I suppose I will have to order a virgin.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Just great!

The week I decide to quit drinking and Scorp opens a bar.

I suppose I will have to order a virgin.
Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit drinking. Don't quit smoking or Scorp will open a cigar thread.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
yeah, we don't do that pc no smoking thingy in here,

smoke 'em if you got 'em, even if it is a touch different than normal............

:weed:
I like Cohibas and Rocky Patels, mostly. The wacky stuff, I haven't had any for over thirty years.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The kind you put in spaghetti, on pizza, blend into orange juice, or make a sweet ginger & honey tea of.

Those aren't mine but I'm near certain they are liberty caps. I would never indulge in consuming those heinous objects.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit drinking. Don't quit smoking or Scorp will open a cigar thread.
Did any of you guys get my 'Airplane' reference joke? I worked all day on that.

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
Good day so far. Exercised, had a good breakfast, paid a couple of bills and now on my 2nd cup of joe.

Any fans of San Miguel and any of the fine establishments it was served in?

Used to get those when I lived in Japan in the 70's. I think the PX carried them, or the Sailors brought them straight from the Phillipines. Good stuff!

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
Genesee
National Bohemian
Schlitz
Strohs
Iron City
Red White & Blue
Schaefer
Utica Club
Mikey's Big Mouths
Wasn't Genessee made from water from the Hudson? Buddy from Plattsburgh NY brought like 10 cases of that stuff from home to our base in Texas back in the 80's. I remember the cream ale was the last case to get drank, it was so bad! We did drink it all though.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I scanned the whole thread with bombers and can't figure out WTF you're talking about.
Well there's the problem right there. You missed an "n". It's scannned with bombers.

As for the quote, the reference was in it.

Last edited:

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Genesee
National Bohemian
Schlitz
Strohs
Iron City
Red White & Blue
Schaefer
Utica Club
Mikey's Big Mouths
Where I grew up It was Falls City Beer, nasty stuff.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Wasn't Genessee made from water from the Hudson? Buddy from Plattsburgh NY brought like 10 cases of that stuff from home to our base in Texas back in the 80's. I remember the cream ale was the last case to get drank, it was so bad! We did drink it all though.
Did he bring any of the 12 Horse Ale? I always thought that was their best beer.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Schlitz--it was around
RWB--real cheap
Wow! Reminds me when I was a college freshman back in fall of 1980. The student store had Genesee 6-packs for $1.09 and Coca-Cola 6-packs for $1.69, guess what us poor college kids decided to choose to maximize our buying power? If we were rich we'd buy Genesee 12 Horse Cream ale for $1.99.

Unfortunately Matt's was only available in beer balls locally. Ironically Sam Adams was brewed on a contract basis in the Matt's brewery in Utica, NY when they were first starting out.

PBR was a mid-brand to us.

If you really wanted a favor out of someone you'd spend an arm and a leg for a six-pack of Moosehead (the moose is loose!)

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You forgot the Rolling Rock. We used to call it Rolling Gut. I grew up in Pennsyltucky.
I remember Rolling Rock becoming a real "yuppie" brand around 1987/1988 in NYC. Every stock broker at the South Street Seaport (it was a real hopping place back then) sucking them down and paying top dollar. I used sip on my Buds (at half price) and laugh at them.