• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Random Pictures thread !

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Today I found out that my wife's truck is a junkie!

Wife drove me to my Dr. dealer where I get my oxy's from and on the way home she turns into the driveway where Tarzan lives. Yea, I call him that because for the last twenty years I have never seen him with a shirt on or a respectable haircut.

He runs out of the door and the wife pops the hood latch. He scrambles to the right side under the hood attaches what looked like a couple of hoses and then waits. He then unhooks said devices and slams the hood down and goes over to the driver side window where she slips him 20. She pop's it into reverse and leaves.

At the stop light I look over at her and say, What was that? She quickly replies, "Just Snowball's fix". Now she names all her stuff, vehicles included, and her 2003 Chevy 1500 that she bought from me (what you think I would give it to her?) in 05 is named Snowball because it's white, a no brainer, except for me right? Seems this has been going on every two months now for a year or so, the habit that is. She is convinced that it is cheaper than having the AC fixed. Personally I think she likes to see Tarzan without a shirt.

Anyway I got my oxy's so what me worry? All is just fine right now.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We always called Rolling Rock, Cat Piss which at the time fit it pretty good.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I am amused how the local and regional brands don't seem to get the love from the locals. Case in point, living here on Long Island the local start up, Blue Point, had a love / hate following from many here. Many look at the stuff as Meh! Why pay more just because it is local brand? More so after InBev bought them. Yet I went on a business trip to Austin, Texas and they couldn't get enough of the stuff. Go figure!

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Since we are nostalgic about bad beer, I will mention my college nemesis. It is/was called "Brown Derby" and was cheap. It tasted like carbonated "something" with a dash of burnt transmission fluid. Ah, good times. No, probably times blurred by Brown Derby and frequent urination.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
A lot of people thought it taste like bathroom cleaner. But we drank it anyway. One of those beers that was
always on sale.

Hmmmmmmm.....

LOL.

Since 1890 no less! A New Orleans tradition... that is why I like this place... I learn lots of random useless stuff, I love random useless stuff!

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Today I found out that my wife's truck is a junkie!

Wife drove me to my Dr. dealer where I get my oxy's from and on the way home she turns into the driveway where Tarzan lives. Yea, I call him that because for the last twenty years I have never seen him with a shirt on or a respectable haircut.

He runs out of the door and the wife pops the hood latch. He scrambles to the right side under the hood attaches what looked like a couple of hoses and then waits. He then unhooks said devices and slams the hood down and goes over to the driver side window where she slips him 20. She pop's it into reverse and leaves.

At the stop light I look over at her and say, What was that? She quickly replies, "Just Snowball's fix". Now she names all her stuff, vehicles included, and her 2003 Chevy 1500 that she bought from me (what you think I would give it to her?) in 05 is named Snowball because it's white, a no brainer, except for me right? Seems this has been going on every two months now for a year or so, the habit that is. She is convinced that it is cheaper than having the AC fixed. Personally I think she likes to see Tarzan without a shirt.

Anyway I got my oxy's so what me worry? All is just fine right now.
Hell of a story mayhem!! :2 thumbs up:

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Hmmmmmmm.....

LOL.

Since 1890 no less! A New Orleans tradition... that is why I like this place... I learn lots of random useless stuff, I love random useless stuff!
Yeah, they made that one big batch in 1890...Overover bought the whole lot! :belly laugh:

(just kidding man)

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Hey barkeep, got any premium VSOP Brandy ? ..........Just here to mellow out a bit.

*Note : On the square glass, just sip from the corner and everything works out just fine.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Something for the movie buffs..................

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Brandy is golden
Carioca is blue
Glasses are round
Fuck you.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I remember a guy I was in the service with brought a case of Hop N Gator, it was a tropical flavored beer from fl, don't see it anymore.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Hey.. hey.. hey. Don't forget the Floundering Fathers. Let's do this reunion RIGHT. Make manila GREAT AGAIN.

Too bad Durante fcked up the Philippines or I would suggest trading some of that friggen gold for a cold San Miguels and a filipina. Get those pipes cleaned. You know what I mean?

Works better for us old curmudgeons than Marvel Mystery Oil on a '56 Packard.

Ok,,,, ok.. I know it's tacky. But knock down [quite] a few of these cold brews and you think you died and arrived at that friggen muslim paradise:

And make sure you start a thread with all the HOT JO details while you're still sober enough to log in..:2 thumbs up:

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Hell of a story mayhem!! :2 thumbs up:
I'm way out of practice. I used to write short story's 25+ yrs ago. Made a few $$ but never enough to live on, so I took up something else in life. The base is true meaning we did stop at Tarzan's to get a shot of Freon. He supposedly fixed it a month ago and so the shot was for free. All the rest was pure imagination.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Hey.. hey.. hey. Don't forget the Floundering Fathers. Let's do this reunion RIGHT. Make manila GREAT AGAIN.

Too bad Durante fcked up the Philippines or I would suggest trading some of that friggen gold for a cold San Miguels and a filipina. Get those pipes cleaned. You know what I mean?

I wonder how many of them are wimmenz

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
yeah, we don't do that pc no smoking thingy in here,

smoke 'em if you got 'em, even if it is a touch different than normal............

:weed:
And my stash is empty...

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter

If you really wanted a favor out of someone you'd spend an arm and a leg for a six-pack of Moosehead (the moose is loose!)
Summer job 1981, collecting trash in the Santa Cruz mountains with two buddies, and what do we find sitting in one of the cans, but an ice-cold 6 pack of Moosehead!

We rang the bell of the mansion and asked the guy if he intended to toss the beer.

He told us he had put it in the freezer to cool it, forgot about it and now it was ruined; mumbled something about the molecular structure.

Best two beers I ever drank!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Summer job 1981, collecting trash in the Santa Cruz mountains with two buddies, and what do we find sitting in one of the cans, but an ice-cold 6 pack of Moosehead!

We rang the bell of the mansion and asked the guy if he intended to toss the beer.

He told us he had put it in the freezer to cool it, forgot about it and now it was ruined; mumbled something about the molecular structure.

Best two beers I ever drank!
I've put beers in the freezer before to cool them fast and have forgotten a few in there. Most of the time it kills them dead, carbonation all gone, but Boston Lager in the cans is still pretty decent after you let them thaw out a bit. It's magic stuff.