• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Random Pictures thread !

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Got home from work a couple days ago and a butterfly was dining on a Tiger Lilly. Damn point and shoot left me out of focus and washed out but it's the thought that counts. :)

That looks like an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail.

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Fairly close. I use a custom white balance on the camera (necessary because I had the filter switched out for Astronomy use).

The spider lacked the stark coloring they normally have. I suspect it is because it is an immature one.

The "Marge Simpson" pattern and web habbit matches.
View attachment 136284
Cell phone pic
20190719_125318.jpg

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Strangely about the time Bottom Feeder was posting a group of bugs, I was taking this shot of the Milkweed Tussock Moth caterpillars. The rate they have been eating the milkweed exploded today. I am afraid there will be none left in the main patch by the time I wake up tomorrow. I have a few other patches, need to move the monarch caterpillars to if I can find them.
Caterpillars-2019-07-19-Img_8867S.jpg

They were there a little while ago.

Tiny young monarch caterpillar.
MonarchCaterpillar-2019-07-19-Img_8855S.jpg

New medium sized one.
MonarchCaterpillar-2019-07-19-Img_8858S.jpg

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Here's a picture I took with a 2 1/4" camera. The camera looked something like this

ay190.jpg

Takken of the island in Maine I lived on for 10 years, from the ferry, while pulling in to dock. Probably taken in 2001-02 but it looks like a picture from the early 1900's doesn't it?

DkgKqYe.jpg

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Theres a small airport near mu house with a museum. This plane flew in a couple weeks ago and they finally parked it in the museum a few days ago. I wanted to stop and get some pics so I finally did today...sorry, I'm not TomD with my camera phone. :p

0JLpa2h.jpg

FkJJXX3.jpg

CVu58nZ.jpg

9y0s72u.jpg

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nice photos. When I was into photography, I liked Ilford and Agfa. They gave deep blacks, unlike Kodak after the rat-bastards went cheap on the silver.

Bottom Feeder

Useless Eater
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
You can still take pictures at airports without getting buttonholed by the homeland security cucks?

Fatrat

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can still take pictures at airports without getting buttonholed by the homeland security cucks?

I had to get permission from God to take these photos without being harassed by every jack-booted TSA agent. They all gave me a wave when they saw me because there was a big meeting before their shift that I'd be there for 14 hours taking pictures. Was a LOT of fun, I have photos of the actual security gates, try doing that now!
1563746118898.png

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This is a small "corporate" type airport.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
San Jose is "small"?! I ONCE landed at Sacramento International (not Exec) (suspected fuel icing), and it was huge. I landed at Reno, and it was huge. The ground controller wanted me to choose between THREE different FBOs! How the hell can I choose while I am still rolling?!

Maybe a good metric is that if there is a control tower, it is NOT SMALL!!

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
San Jose is "small"?! I ONCE landed at Sacramento International (not Exec) (suspected fuel icing), and it was huge. I landed at Reno, and it was huge. The ground controller wanted me to choose between THREE different FBOs! How the hell can I choose while I am still rolling?!

Maybe a good metric is that if there is a control tower, it is NOT SMALL!!
This one is in Fayetteville Arkansauce. It has a control tower. http://airnav.com/airport/kfyv

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

haha, you've obviously not been to San Jose, CA. They expect over 14 million passengers to pour through this airport this year. It is considered a "Medium" hub for statistical purposes, ~#35 nationally.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Took a couple more pics today....seems the lens was smudged.
8ylyugZ.jpg

EL5BKIY.jpg

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Boating Accident...

scratch-one-rich-fucker.jpg

engineear

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Boating Accident...

scratch-one-rich-fucker.jpg
I never believed my buddies when they said they could light their farts and a Blue flame would exit the nether region. So, I'm alone one night on my "ship" and thought I'd give it a try, after having rebaked beans, salami and warm pepsi....

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Look who I found hanging on the garage while working on installing a new antenna pole today. Might be the same Black and Yellow argiope that was in my onion patch last week.
Spider-2019-07-28-Img_9168S.jpg

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Look who I found hanging on the garage while working on installing a new antenna pole today. Might be the same Black and Yellow argiope that was in my onion patch last week.
View attachment 137289
His eyes are watching you...

"THOSE AREN'T HIS EYES!!!"

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What is that thing!? Looks like a tomato worm with a fish suit on...
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail caterpillar on my choke cherry tree. Large and strange looking for sure.

What a marvel that they transform into something like this.
Butterfly-2019-07-02-Img_8350SS.jpg

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
It used to be that Bing enabled you to capture the picture they post on their home page. Hasn't been working for me lately. I'll click or image search and only get a tiny photo. Frustrated today, I took a screen shot cause I think it's a great photo. Pardon the stinkin search bar, best I could do. Any help would be very appreciated.

Screenshot 2019-07-30 at 9.45.36 PM.png

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Looks like a snapper?
Yes, a big mama laying eggs. My friend and I encountered it in the early morning as we emerged back into normal life after camping out on a small island on a local river a couple years ago. We almost didn't even notice her right next to his car. She was being so quiet and still.

Main other turtles we encounter around here are painted turtles. I have seen a softshell turtle once while fishing but that was before I did any photography.

Baby painted turtle
PaintedTurtle-Baby-05-11-2008a.jpg

Adult painted turtle
PaintedTurtle-05-27-2004-a.jpg

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Yes, a big mama laying eggs. My friend and I encountered it in the early morning as we emerged back into normal life after camping out on a small island on a local river a couple years ago. We almost didn't even notice her right next to his car. She was being so quiet and still.

Main other turtles we encounter around here are painted turtles. I have seen a softshell turtle once while fishing but that was before I did any photography.

Baby painted turtle
View attachment 137536

Adult painted turtle
View attachment 137537
Good pics. Look straight out of an Audubon field guide book.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was having a little fun last night trying to capture some night photos of the California Coast during the meteorite showers, the bright spot is Timber Cove Resort. I need to get one of those devices to track the stars so stop the stars from smearing.
DSC_1772-3.jpg

DSC_1769-2.jpg

DSC_1767-1.jpg

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I was having a little fun last night trying to capture some night photos of the California Coast during the meteorite showers, the bright spot is Timber Cove Resort. I need to get one of those devices to track the stars so stop the stars from smearing.
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to this year's Perseid meteor shower here. To account for the heavy moonlight on peak night (8/11 8/12 peaking near the full moon) I took time off for the week leading up to it hoping for a chance of good clear dark skies.

As Newmisty mentioned, there's an astronomy picture thread here, just so you know. https://goldismoney2.com/threads/astronomy-pictures-thread.278265/