• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Rape charges against 4 California dentists dismissed after video contradicts woman's story

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Rape charges against 4 California dentists dismissed after video contradicts woman's story
by MARVIN CLEMONS, KSNV
Monday, October 1st 2018

Photo credit: Michael Horvath

AA
LAS VEGAS (KSNV) - Four dentists from California, including three brothers, who faced rape charges for the alleged assault of a woman at the Wynn Las Vegas, had all charges dismissed in court Monday.

Charged were Ali Badkoobehi and brothers Poria Edalat, Saman Edalat and Sina Edalat. The charges included sex assault, conspiracy to commit sex assault and first-degree kidnapping for the late July incident.

Prosecutors dropped all charges during a very brief hearing Monday before Las Vegas Justice Court Judge Eric Goodman.

"After a review of the facts of the case, it was clear that the allegations were completely fabricated," lawyer Robert Draskovich, who represented Badkoobehi, said in a prepared statement. "The (video) evidence confirmed the men's innocence, and the state has cleared them of all charges."​
The unnamed woman alleged that the four men raped her repeatedly in a room at the Wynn early July 28 after she met one of the men at a Wynn bar.

"We are so grateful to the justice system for recognizing that we were the victims in this case," the men said in a statement. "We knew when the facts came out that the vicious allegations would be exposed as lies and our good names would be cleared. We want to thank our families, friends and lawyers for sticking by us through this horrific ordeal.

"At this sensitive moment in our history, we believe that [women' should be respected and heard and believed. But as this case shows, it is also important to keep a critical eye on those willing to use the (#MeToo) movement for their own selfish motives and remember that innocent until proven guilty is one of our country's bedrock principles."​

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Counter-Sue the woman

just to make a statement

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Guilty........

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
She needs to be imprisoned for the combined sentences that the men would have received had they been found guilty.
Just because they got off doesn't mean they didn't do it. Arabs are notorious rapists.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
An accusation that is demonstrably proven false should be a death penalty offense.

You would find that incidents of false accusations decrease to ZERO very quickly.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
An accusation that is demonstrably proven false should be a death penalty offense.

You would find that incidents of false accusations decrease to ZERO very quickly.
We already have perjury laws and they are very difficult to enforce.

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We already have perjury laws and they are very difficult to enforce.
awwww, come on, no there not

they're just rarely enforced

If they were enforced, people would be calling out politicians and general liars on a regular basis, to the point that lying, of all types, would be greatly diminished

We wouldn't look away from liars and cheats
Our Leaders

but we do

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
awwww, come on, no there not

they're just rarely enforced

If they were enforced, people would be calling out politicians and general liars on a regular basis, to the point that lying, of all types, would be greatly diminished

We wouldn't look away from liars and cheats
Our Leaders
Perjury only applies to statements made under oath.

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Aren't these 'official charges'?

So, "filing false charges" isn't the same type of offense?

i'm no lawyer, figuring i'm gonna get some schooling here

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Aren't these 'official charges'?

So, "filing false charges" isn't the same type of offense?

i'm no lawyer, figuring i'm gonna get some schooling here
Fast forward to the courtroom, plaintiff makes a statement under oath.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Dr. Ford lied her ass off at K hearings of the Senate, every time she opened her mouth. Many of these lies were challenged and she back tracked or feigned forgetfulness.
They can easily prove that Ford and her lawyers perjured thirselves at the hearings, and need to prosecute this lying Ho'.
Her lawyers and Feinstein colluded to present this false tale of sexual assault, which also can be proven.
Will they follow up?
They really need to make an example of these so called lawmakers. (More like law breakers.)

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Will they follow up?
They really need to make an example of these so called lawmakers. (More like law breakers.)
Who's they? Until you can define 'they' this bullshit will continue unabated. There are no good guys, just different shades of grey (I stole that from another poster here, my apologies but it fits my point)

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Who's they? Until you can define 'they' this bullshit will continue unabated. There are no good guys, just different shades of grey (I stole that from another poster here, my apologies but it fits my point)
They = FBI

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
FBI - FAKE, BLOVIATE, INCOMPETENT
At least at the Central Office Leadership level in D.C.