• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Rate your Chainsaws

D

• Stihl

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Homelite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jonsered

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Poulan

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
395xp Husqvarnas Insane O ized!!!
hotsaws101

Published on Feb 24, 2018
Here we have a couple of 395s sporting a 3' bar.
We are doing this saw-off to get a comparison between the standard insane-o and insane-o SS zipkits. It is hard to be super accurate since I am not sawing the rounds completely off and I am applying pressure differently to the handle bars to see how each saw pulls down low. Ideally, you would just let both feed through the cut. I wanted to see how they responded to varying amounts of pressure to see what happened under more load (seen applying more pressure to the bars and heard the engine lug down @ 10:30 for example). The second, insane-o SS saw in the first run was way rich even though they were really close at the high idle, no load read out. This is because the state of tune in the insane-o SS saw is higher and it needs to be running at a higher rpm, both no load and in the wood. This is evident in the second cut that it makes after I dialed the carb in a little more. 12,500 to 13,000 with the bar buried in the wood is about where this style of zipkitted and tuned saw normally runs. The second 395 is seen here at 12,720 with the carb still a little rich and not even close to broken in yet.
I am currently available for port work. If you are interested, please shoot me an email.
danger_cat@rocketmail.com
Thanks for watching.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Husqvarna 372xp X-Torq"vs. Original Edition. Some Differences in Parts + Assembly Notes
afleetcommand

Published on Feb 25, 2018

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Psycho-ized 395xp Nuking a 42" White Fir
hotsaws101

Published on Feb 26, 2018
So here we have the same Psycho-ized SS version 395xp from the "Schnow Day" video after felling a few oversized trees and getting it leaned down a little. You can hear that it is still running a little bit rich but not like in the other video. This is evident from the sound and the way it now pulls this 3' bar in a tough butted, high elevation White fir.
I am thankful for the assist from Mr. Smith - lets us get the camera out of the case for some clear viewing.
I am currently available for custom saw modifications. If you are interested, please shoot me an email.
Thanks for watching.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Husqvarna 562xp's , Oregon VersaCut Bars & EXL Chain
afleetcommand

Published on Mar 1, 2018
Hey You! I may have typo'ed ELX instead of EXL for the chain description.....

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
"By The Times" Addendum To Husqvarna 562xp Video, Some Cookie Comparo's
afleetcommand

Published on Mar 1, 2018
Took some "samples" of cuts and compiled them, representative of several more. Bottom line is the two modded saw with the shorter 20 inch VersaCut bars & EXL Chain were about the same. Bob's "Spike Special" ( SS ) treat ment on a junk pile build with a 24inch VersaCut Bar and EXL Chain was just a little behind. Proving yet again simple changes and get within spitting distance of truly modded saws. Poor Stock saw had a lot of time and more abuse on the chain by then. But while noticeably less powerful, wasn't "OFF" the pace enough for me to put it down for a "shorter" saw....proving yet again a Stock saw will do the job.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Husqvarna 346xp - At It Again
hotsaws101

Published on Feb 28, 2018
Hopefully everyone will check this description area before engaging the "yah see" , "what ifs", "I told you so" and general shudda , wodda, cuddas".....
1) In all reality, I am just a man.
2) A bunch of weights per cord of many different species were stated initially to get an idea of relative densities of some common firewood choices.
3) I measured this log: 12"
4) It's easy to see the wood has varying densities with the way the chain is grabbing differently as it is going, unaided, through the cut.
5) I miss quoted the 3rd run top rpms at 14,940 - really only 14,900. In the glare, it is hard to see the numbers on the tach readout at times.
6) And of course this saw is modified, but tweaked a little differently from the last run and the previous 346/550 shoot out video.
7) VARY rarely do stockers get a run and that is definitely mentioned if that the case.
8) Upon tearing this saw down, I found that the seizure was light and not from a lean condition. There is a slight casting flaw off to one side in the exhaust port. I suspect with the heat from the high rpms the expansion is different in the bore since the partial seize is opposite the casting flaw.
9) A new Meteor piston is currently on order.
10) This is the second rendition porting wise in this 346xp.
I am currently available for port work. If you are interested, please shoot me an email.
Thanks for watching.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Husqvarna 572xp First Impressions and Overview
afleetcommand

Published on Mar 18, 2018
Beautiful Day in the Catskills. Had a chance to help break in a brand new Husqvarna 572xp. This is the "new" 70cc saw from Husqvarna to eventually replace both the 372 series and 576xp's. Looks like the next evolution of saws like the 562, really has a bunch of detail improvements to solidify that basic design for the ages. SOME not all will show up in the later versions of the 562.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Cherry 038 Mag - My Carburetor Adjustment Method
hotsaws101

Published on Mar 14, 2018
3/14/18.
It seems that there are many methods of carb adjustment styles out there. Some even with the cylinder cover off and air filter not correctly secured.
The saw needs to be fully assembled - as if you were going to actually be using it - to properly set the low and high speed circuits.
I do not have a 32" bar hanging on this 038 as it would be used to fell timber with because we are at the shop. The idea/method is exactly the same though.
I have been adjusting the carburetors on my work saws this way since in the early 80's this way. They run a little on the rich side utilizing this style. I have never lost a cylinder assembly due to seizure until the purposeful melt down on my 346 doing some R&D work a couple of weeks ago.
I am currently available for port work. If you are interested in some custom saw modifications, please shoot me an email.
Thanks for watching.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Stihl - Stock ms461 vs. Insane-o SS ms440
hotsaws101

Published on Mar 16, 2018
3/16/18
Here we have a bone stock 461 sporting a 32" b & c taking on an Insane-o SS ( SS - reshaped combustion chamber and the flow enhancement tricks) ms440.
The 440 completely rebuilt and fresh so it's a good comparison to run against a new 461 - except for the better flow characteristics of the maxflow system.
A couple of runs with the 440 as we see the difference it makes with dialing in the carburetor as we get close to what it would be like once fully ready to work.
Pretty obvious that the "little" saw that could, does. 044 comes out on top in this shoot out. It wins while at the same upper rpm limit as well when getting the high speed needle closer to where it will be when completely dialed in.
The 440 might be available.
If you are interested in port work or custom saw modifications, please shoot me an email.
Thanks for watching.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Stihl - Stock ms461 vs. Psycho-ized 038
hotsaws101

Published on Mar 18, 2018
3/18/18
We are at the "big kid" wood lot for this interesting saw-off. The 038 is in excellent condition physically and pristine internally.
I initially built the 038 pretty radical with the psycho zipkit in the hopes that it "wood" hold it's own against an insane-o 044/440.
Considering that the air flow characteristics are far superior in the 064 and later models. And, the fact that it pulls harder than a stock 461 that comes in with at least a 1 more hp rating. I have no way of being exact on the timed runs since the cuts are not are not all the way off, given. However, in this video we see the 038 running about the same while dealing with more of the large knot - which says it all.
This 038 could possibly be ready for a new home.
I am currently available for custom saw modifications and port work. If you are interested, please shoot me an email.
Thanks for watching.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Jacking An Essex Ranch Fatty
hotsaws101

Published on Mar 23, 2018
So here we are on the Essex Ranch again in the fatty redwoods.
Always a pleasure working with my buddy Chris - who gives the thumbs up for the outcome.
This takes awhile, but, not interested in speed due to the value of the tree.
Noticed a nice rift crack in the jack seat as well.
Managed to stretch her right out with the aid of Chris setting up the lay perfectly - always nice to have a Cat at your disposal!
Using my standard insane-o 064 sporting a 3' Stihl lightweight bar with Oregon full skip, full chisel chain. Seems as though the chain took a hit ripping the two apart.
I am currently available for port work. Please shoot me an email if you are interested.
Thanks for watching.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Jacking An Essex Ranch Fatty
hotsaws101

Published on Mar 23, 2018
So here we are on the Essex Ranch again in the fatty redwoods.
Always a pleasure working with my buddy Chris - who gives the thumbs up for the outcome.
This takes awhile, but, not interested in speed due to the value of the tree.
Noticed a nice rift crack in the jack seat as well.
Managed to stretch her right out with the aid of Chris setting up the lay perfectly - always nice to have a Cat at your disposal!
Using my standard insane-o 064 sporting a 3' Stihl lightweight bar with Oregon full skip, full chisel chain. Seems as though the chain took a hit ripping the two apart.
I am currently available for port work. Please shoot me an email if you are interested.
Thanks for watching.
K, had to stop when he did the farmers cut.....then there was the putting the driver/ax in the cut.....wtf is wrong with this world? Has it changed that much?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Ryobi 37cc Gas Chainsaw Review by @GettinJunkDone...It's OK
Joe Robinson

Published on Mar 29, 2018
Home Depot and their Ryobi chainsaw...it's a pretty good inexpensive saw, but far from great. If you understand what it's capable of and designed for, it's a good buy.

Ryobi Chainsaw: http://go.magik.ly/ml/ahcx/