• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Reading cat scans/mylegram

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Anyone know how to read catscan /mylegram?

Had one done in august,, back doctor said nothing operable, pain doctor months later said guy who interpreted films missed major issue on T7, trying to read the films but can find them designated as t7 or t8 ect.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I'm not trained in radiology, but here are some basics.

the basics:

http://www.medicalmediaimages.com/3-d-color-lumbar-spine-color-mri-disc-herniation-spine-anatomy/780

an overview:
https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/397896-overview

I find it interesting, and unusual, that your pain doc is refuting the back doc's reading. Most of these folks are very lawsuit conscious, and don't directly refute other docs.

I would take it back to the back doc and ask for a second reading, or repeat ct, at their cost secondary to the controversary. Most of these are done by radiology groups picked by the attending physician. If so find the doc who actually read the film and ask them for a rereading.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I've been hospitalized several times over the last year with pain off the scale that induces heart attack and breathing problems its so intense, the last time the patient advocate came into the room and asked if she could help, I told her find someone who can diagnose my pain orgin, a pain doctor showed up a few hours later, did a physical exam and told me ive read the reports, let me view the films myself, he came back and said not to diminish the person who did the report but they missed a severe t7 issue thats pressing on the nerves going into your gut and abdomen and thats whats causing the pain. As for another mylelogram I cant chance it as my spine didnt heal for almost a month, going for epidural tomorrow/after that its surgery if I can find someone to do it, may have to go up north, the pain doc showed me the film on his computer and it was bad , my back doctor and the pain guy in his group didnt even look at films and wanted to inject me right away, I withdrew from his practice

I

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Good luck with all that.

If you're in a state that allows it, and that is a friggin travesty in of itself, try cannabis to help with the pain. It really does help. Won't replace the opioids initially, but certainly with time. I've been there. Sure was nice to have a normal bm again after the opioids...