• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Reddit Investors Piling Into Silver Drive Up Prices a Second Day

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Never sell. I WILL buy things with it, though.

Oh. BTW, Pilgrims: I ain't dream weaving here. During the time I have been stacking, the GSR was 15:1. I shit you not. Look at December 1979.

GSR was 31:1 in 2011.
https://www.macrotrends.net/1441/gold-to-silver-ratio

What argument can anyone use to say recent gold silver ratios cannot get back to sanity? You gonna bet against that chart?
'78-'79 was when I got interested in pms....just when the Hunts started their run at silver....been a long time....used funds from silver to start my first major business in 92....

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You mean around the time of silver's all time high.

In 1981 US M3 money supply was $1.6t. In 2020 it was > $19t and that doesn't include credit derivatives(currently $661t). Money supply goes up 12 fold in 40 years, but silver gets cut in half in nominal dollar terms. Yet some still mistakenly believe supply and demand regulate this market. It's laughable.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The ignore button is your friend. I'm not running for office.

...and if you think my post was about challenging tm's post, then you should go back and read it again.

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I hear you solarion but I think silver became less of a monetary metal and more of an industrial metal the further we moved from 1964. I think the price is manipulated and I think its going to be an interesting month but hard to know if the physical shortage is just a retail issue. Like I said, I guess we will find out soon enough.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Neither gold or silver are "officially" monetary metals after 1971. One of them has a whole lot of industrial uses and one is just about useless aside from investment demand. Banksters stack lots of that...because they know it's money, they just keep that a secret.

The silver market is the most manipulated market in the world imo. I cannot name another commodity that has failed to set a new all time high in nominal dollar terms in 40 years. Can anyone else? Even if silver were strictly an industrial metal, which it isn't, still it'd not explain the flopping around for decades on end. It's massively rigged BECAUSE it's useful as a dual purpose metal and because rigging silver is an effective way to collar the price of paper gold.

nowon

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Sprott paper out today from Hemke

Here's a key section
there is only one way to force a change in the pricing system. Only direct acquisition of physical gold and silver can accomplish the changes we desire. And why is this? Because the current system is hyper-leveraged and hyper-hypothecated to the point where there may be as many as one hundred beneficial owners for each physical ounce held within the COMEX vaults of New York and the LBMA vaults in London.​
https://www.sprottmoney.com/blog/Groundhog-Day-for-Silver-Investors-Craig-Hemke-Feb-02-2021

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Hold the line!

(That didn't last long for Gamestop). Just over a hundred now.
Still beats $4+ to $17.00 per share many bought IN on. But hopefully those early INs got out in the $400.00 level. "KILLERS"

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Still beats $4+ to $17.00 per share many bought IN on. But hopefully those early INs got out in the $400.00 level. "KILLERS"
I hope they hold because that would be productive to their intent. If it drops to 20 then they could unload.

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Neither gold or silver are "officially" monetary metals after 1971. One of them has a whole lot of industrial uses and one is just about useless aside from investment demand. Banksters stack lots of that...because they know it's money, they just keep that a secret.

The silver market is the most manipulated market in the world imo. I cannot name another commodity that has failed to set a new all time high in nominal dollar terms in 40 years. Can anyone else? Even if silver were strictly an industrial metal, which it isn't, still it'd not explain the flopping around for decades on end. It's massively rigged BECAUSE it's useful as a dual purpose metal and because rigging silver is an effective way to collar the price of paper gold.
I think you are right that the market is manipulated but what I don't know is what the true price would be if the market weren't manipulated. My gut tells me that there are limits to how far "paper" and "physical" price can be divorced from one another. It seems like as time goes by the game must be harder and harder to play and at some point maybe it does become a true commercial shortage but who knows if we are there yet. There sure is a lot of investment supply that could come out to the commercial market if it had to. I sold most of my silver back in 2010 at $25. Some of what I have will never be sold but if we hit $100 heck yes I am a seller.
The farmers always say they can produce.... they let the market tell them how much and what to produce. Miners are probably the same way.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
With the herd splitting in different directions it think there will be just one effective outcome - ROBINHOOD and It's clearing house (I forget the name) took a spanking.
Maybe be more as time goes by IDK.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
My gut tells me that there are limits to how far "paper" and "physical" price can be divorced from one another
How deep does JPM want to go into their pockets before they decide they are in a Lost Cause ?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
With the herd splitting in different directions it think there will be just one effective outcome - ROBINHOOD and It's clearing house (I forget the name) took a spanking.
Maybe be more as time goes by IDK.
A lot of peeps learned from the squeeze. I doubt it changes the game overall but it is fun to watch.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I think you are right that the market is manipulated but what I don't know is what the true price would be if the market weren't manipulated.
Nobody does, but I believe it'd be many times its all time high from 1980 in nominal inflation adjusted dollar terms due to all the dollars created out of thin air since. Just extrapolating the increase of officially published M3 monetary supply since 1980 would indicate a current price of 12*49 = $588.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Remind me again? What is this?

View attachment 200740

And why were 335m ounces of silver gobbled up by investment demand in 2020? That's > a third of supply btw.

I submit that the gold vs dollar exchange rate is intentionally manipulated by banksters and their pet dictators in gubmint by manipulating silver.
A transgender carrying mary-j, with china's sun setting in Cali's coastline wearing hippy sandals.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
A transgender carrying mary-j, with china's sun setting in Cali's coastline wearing hippy sandals.
That seems an unflattering way to describe one of the most beautiful bullion coins ever produced. lol Admittedly they could've softened her jawline a bit and given her some flowing hair.

Seems there are some St. Gauden silvertowne rounds in stock at silver.com. Premiums are still too high at $5.29(19.7%) but there it is.

https://www.silver.com/1-oz-silvertowne-saint-gauden-silver-rounds/

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Nobody does, but I believe it'd be many times its all time high from 1980 in nominal inflation adjusted dollar terms due to all the dollars created out of thin air since. Just extrapolating the increase of officially published M3 monetary supply since 1980 would indicate a current price of 12*49 = $588.
Sometimes I wonder what the Hunt Brothers knew.... also why someone today with deep pockets doesn't do the same thing. $588 would be great but if it was realistic you would think Elon Musk or someone with the wherewithal would have done it by now.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Sometimes I wonder what the Hunt Brothers knew.... also why someone today with deep pockets doesn't do the same thing
Because the Hunt Bros. taught us all. " If you become successful the PTB will change the rules, take your assets, and put you in prison if they do not want you in their club".
I lived in it and saw it with my own two eyes.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yep, I have seen some sharp operators take advantage of rubes in my life. Yak yak yak.
But every once in a while, the rube realizes he has been had, and all talk goes out the window.
He beats the sharp operator near to death and takes his shit back.

Something like that happened in Germany before I was born.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That seems an unflattering way to describe one of the most beautiful bullion coins ever produced. lol Admittedly they could've softened her jawline a bit and given her some flowing hair.

Seems there are some St. Gauden silvertowne rounds in stock at silver.com. Premiums are still too high at $5.29(19.7%) but there it is.

https://www.silver.com/1-oz-silvertowne-saint-gauden-silver-rounds/

That coin looks like she should have an iphoney in her hand. Just sayin.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What must be considered which nobody has mentioned that I saw here, JPMorgan I believe is acting as the Fed's agent in the silver market.

Silver is a strategic metal critical to military production.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Found this posted on a ZH thread.

To all the silver bashers:

I have "roughly" 2,000 silver "mercury" dimes. You know what that equals?

Roughly 2,000 gallons of gasoline. So I can buy 2,000 gallons of gasoline for $200.00 in face value of REAL dimes.

For .35 cents......in REAL money......I can buy a burger, fries and drink at pretty much any fast food restaurant.

See how REAL money has kept it's value? See why silver is important? Can you now see what the banksters have done to the "money" you work for?.......the "money" you are all scrambling to get enough of before they move the goal post?.....again.

When gasoline goes to $4 dollars a gallon this summer, I bet I can still buy it for a dime.

A gallon of gasoline is the equivalent of 85 man hours of labor. Think about that.....85 man hours of energy for a dime.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
just checked that auction site - 700+ for rolls of eagles. 800+ last night

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Monday was the earthquake. Delivery is the tsunami. Everything only seems to have calmed down.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Now what will be interesting Unca is when he comes into supply again. Sounds like he is as honest as the day is long but why would he give you four up when everyone else is selling for 14 up?
Could be that 30 years of steady business under those parameters makes him a total standout in South Floriduh. How many, one-store LCD's do you know that have remained around that long?

Mebbe he sees it as a good business plan to be that steady.

The last buy I made before this, he had told me over the phone he had me covered, but when I got to the store he 'fessed up he had made a mistake, did not have all the junk I had ordered. So he filled my order with UN-circulated "junk" coins. TINS

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So I am trying to ditch my Oneida stainless utensils for .925 silverware.
Going full microbial defense, until dirt nap vacation.

Last night bought 4 soup spoons + tx + shipping $105.
ASWeight value @ $26.50/oz is $146.

Looks like reddit has not touched the sterling market yet...

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Could be that 30 years of steady business under those parameters makes him a total standout in South Floriduh. How many, one-store LCD's do you know that have remained around that long?

Mebbe he sees it as a good business plan to be that steady.

The last buy I made before this, he had told me over the phone he had me covered, but when I got to the store he 'fessed up he had made a mistake, did not have all the junk I had ordered. So he filled my order with UN-circulated "junk" coins. TINS
I used to deal with a guy like that and he still has a shop here in town but he is a one man show and is hardly ever open - seems like he kept limited hours to begin with and now is on vacation every other week. His vig was always tilted one way - he would buy from you at a reasonable discount to spot but he was hard to buy from because his premiums were so high but I remember him being steady like your guy. I'm curious what he is selling for now.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Paper gold keeps dragging paper silver down like dead weight. Which one is crap again?

A federal presidential election is overtly stolen by communists and paper gold has done nothing but DROP since. 1914.16 - 1834.6 = -79.56(-4.16%).

So much for the hedge against government shenanigans. Paper silver is +10.73% since Nov 3 and the stolen election btw.

Last edited:

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Isn't that a form of fascism?
The banksters are the real apex of the pyramid scheme known as "government" as far as we know, so yeah, I guess it is.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
just checked - rolls of eagles still selling for 700+

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Wow, the banksters are crushing both gold and silver with their paper fictions this morning. Paper gold back under 1800 and paper silver back under 26. These losers never stop with their manipulations. Pity premiums are still 20 freaking percent on physical silver...while they crash the price on their counterfeit crap.

1612448310482.png

These guys are now seemingly affecting worldwide search results for the word "silver".

1612455048806.png

Last edited:

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
just checked - rolls of eagles still selling for 700+
Those with the bucks, stand for delivery.
Those not, buy physical. Whatever you can afford.
These silver shorts are trying every trick in the book, but they are hanging on by their fingernails. Night time raids, high frequency trading, etc. They are vermin as they are robbing the miners AND are preventing start ups from opening because it costs more to mine, than the spot price. These hedge funds and bullion bankers are crooks and con artists.
Buy a thousand ounces, and become a multimillionaire. I did, and more. Good luck to all. Become the hero in your family.. I really feel we can win this one.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
what a joke, real silver is getting buried in fake paper, this shit will never end.