• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Reddit Investors Piling Into Silver Drive Up Prices a Second Day

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
They have those premiums because the scared and unprepared will pay them. Welcome to capitalism.
I see it the other way - the weak will accept something less than spot. They can go source their silver somewhere other than me. Who's to say they don't play Hannes Tulving's game anyways?

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
The COMEX currently have to produce and deliver 680 million ounces of silver on Feb. 24th.
The amount of delivery will go up from there till the 24th. Mark that day on your calendar.
I guarantee you that on February 24th the Comex will be settling contracts with cash if they can’t come up with the silver.

If they do manage to deliver silver then they face the same scenario for the next delivery. These people won’t stop until the crimex defaults. Rightfully so. This is going to be one hell of a show.

Even if prices cause tons of silver to come forward from everyone’s sock drawer the refiners can’t get it into the system that fast. The refineries are the bottle neck.

ds_mustang

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I see it the other way - the weak will accept something less than spot. They can go source their silver somewhere other than me. Who's to say they don't play Hannes Tulving's game anyways?
There is no pressure on commercial silver, only on small retail silver. Actual silver isn't under any sort of price pressure, just small retail buyers getting overly concerned about a self-inflicted, short-term coin shortage. So there is no reason for businesses to alter their buy prices. The retail crowd needs to wise up.

Here's the guy that constantly watches and reports on what is really going on in the futures markets vs commercial physical market. He tells the truth while the typical voices in silver cry wolf (again). And he just made the point about not paying attention to the retail coin market.
https://monetary-metals.com/ruh-roh-silver-2-february/

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
There is no pressure on commercial silver, only on small retail silver. Actual silver isn't under any sort of price pressure, just small retail buyers getting overly concerned about a self-inflicted, short-term coin shortage. So there is no reason for businesses to alter their buy prices. The retail crowd needs to wise up.

Here's the guy that constantly watches and reports on what is really going on in the futures markets vs physical market:
So they say... guess we shall see.

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Here's the guy that constantly watches and reports on what is really going on in the futures markets vs commercial physical market. He tells the truth while the typical voices in silver cry wolf (again). And he just made the point about not paying attention to the retail coin market.
How much are you selling at $26.20?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
So they say... guess we shall see.
If they're lying, and I suspect they are(lying is like breathing to banksters), then sustained pressure will reveal the deception. I believe they do have large stacks of silver, but I believe also that they lease out the same physical silver to multiple parties simultaneously.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1612288740351.png

I find it interesting that some on here will sell AGEs and ASEs for spot or under. I got a premium a while back on generic silver.

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
None. But I'm not a commercial provider. The guy I linked to will be happy to sell you as much silver as you want in bulk at commercial prices. If you're a coin manufacturer you can buy at spot, make coins, then sell with huge premium to retail right now. Not a bad deal.
Like I said we will see how this plays out.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
There is a big difference in tax liability between for example AGEs and a 100 toz gold bar.
You might want to investigate.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Well, that was fun, and being silver of course it didn't last. I hope some of you dumped that crap metal while you could and bought Gold.

aawhistle.gif

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
There are a lot of shills on this board attempting to run off those thinking about investing in silver.
Ask yourself why all,the dealers are asking weeks to deliver on a silver with high premiums? While at the same time the crooks are driving the spot price down? Scarcity should equal higher prices. Use common sense and ignore these couple of shills on this forum. BUY PHYSICAL.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yes, except they can't. There isn't any to speak of.

Just like ammo, if you are buying now you did it wrong.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I hope you guys are right and we're on the cusp of something HUGE. But I've seen this same song many times now. When the real day comes, we'll see it in the commercial markets. The small coin market is usually misleading.
The supply/demand equation is relatively simple. For instance in 2019 total world supply was roughly 1020m ounces...including recycling(170m oz).

That supply was met with demand from:

1) Industry(510m ounces)
2) Jewelry(200m ounces)
3) Bullion(185m ounces)
4) Silverware(60m ounces)
5) Photography(35m ounces)

In addition exchange traded silver "products" allegedly added another 81m ounces in 2019 for a net silver deficit in 2019 of roughly 50m ounces. Net shortfall in 2020 looks to be roughly 105m ounces due to falling supply combined with rising investment demand.

Most of these supply/demand factors remain relatively steady YoY, but large increases in investment demand, particularly by those newly exposed to PM stacking could quickly change the supply/demand metrics.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Long but interesting information. AFAIC Decide for yourself:

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
There are a lot of shills on this board attempting to run off those thinking about investing in silver.
Ask yourself why all,the dealers are asking weeks to deliver on a silver with high premiums? While at the same time the crooks are driving the spot price down? Scarcity should equal higher prices. Use common sense and ignore these couple of shills on this forum. BUY PHYSICAL.
i agree, but, maybe it's not so much 'shills' as it's experienced, calloused stackers who've lived through scenarios where the price is going to the moon...and it never does

the idea of being a 'shill' doesn't cross their minds

maybe

:summer:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Well, that was fun, and being silver of course it didn't last. I hope some of you dumped that crap metal while you could and bought Gold.
No thanks. Gold is a fine investment, it's just hideously overpriced relative to silver. Banksters slapping down paper silver via their paper frauds has no effect on the number of boat anchors stored at the bottom of my pond.

Don't worry, when gold stops napping and again shows signs of life, banksters will slap it down with their paper frauds as well.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yup. They are still outa that crap metal at my LCD.

When the ratio reaches "reality"-- as in the startling fact of how much ore you must dig for an ounce of gold vs an ounce of silver.

It is running 8:1 at this time. So a price ratio 70:1 (or even the absurd 100+ to 1) is an unmistakable indicator of long-term value.

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
funny, when i think of silver, i've not been concerned about any commercial needs, at all

hmmmm.........

i mean, i know they 'play a part', but, in the end, they're only customers, like i am, except they use theirs up while i keep losing mine...

they're in competition with me, and in that manner, i would only consider them if i had a need to, and i don't really think i do

do they ever consider me? do they spend any amount of time considering me and my needs?

eh...

:green tea:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

When the ratio reaches "reality"-- as in the startling fact that you must dig your ore up for an ounce of gold vs an ounce of silver.

It is running 8:1 at this time. So a 70:1 (or even 100+ to 1) is an indicator of long-term value.
...and when the price gouging premiums drop, I'll stack moar of that white gold. Wash, rinse, repeat. I'll never stop until I die or the bankster's paper silver "price" separates from physical metal.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
i agree, but, maybe it's not so much 'shills' as it's experienced, calloused stackers who've lived through scenarios where the price is going to the moon...and it never does

the idea of being a 'shill' doesn't cross their minds

maybe

:summer:
I'm glad to see somebody still has a sense of humor 'round here. Silver will kick you in the balls, feel up your wife, put a potato in your exhaust pipe, steal your wallet and call the cops on your house party. Mean, Nasty stuff!

aawalking.gif
Oh so close!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'm glad to see somebody still has a sense of humor 'round here. Silver will kick you in the balls, feel up your wife, put a potato in your exhaust pipe, steal your wallet and call the cops on your house party. Mean, Nasty stuff!

. View attachment 200737 Oh so close!
LMAO

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
!
I estimate that silver (paper price) will increase 60% in 2021.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
...and when the price gouging premiums drop, I'll stack moar of that white gold. Wash, rinse, repeat. I'll never stop until I die or the bankster's paper silver "price" separates from physical metal.
Well... that's a fact. But for the last 30+ years, I've dealt with the guy with the same vigorish: Four up, four down. Gold and silver.

So I doan see no steenkeeng gouging.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

When the ratio reaches "reality"-- as in the startling fact of how much ore you must dig for an ounce of gold vs an ounce of silver.

It is running 8:1 at this time. So a price ratio 70:1 (or even the absurd 100+ to 1) is an unmistakable indicator of long-term value.
You are making only half of a supply/demand argument. If demand was equal for gold and silver then what you say would be true. However, central banks hold gold reserves -- a recognized monetary demand. Silver is an industrial metal They are not locked together to the same demand mechanism.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
All we need is a Ted Butler article to make this latest ruse complete. C'mon Teddy, tell me again how I'm gonna be rich!

asweet.gif
gettinmoney.gif

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

. View attachment 200737 Oh so close!
but, like this scene, we've all seen it for decades, my sweety Ag will always be there for me to either use or abuse as I see fit

and if it becomes illegal at any point, the trick would be to change tactics and come in and kick Lucy

it wouldn't change anything but it would sure feel good

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hold the line!

(That didn't last long for Gamestop). Just over a hundred now.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Silver is an industrial metal
Remind me again? What is this?

1612291986211.png

And why were 335m ounces of silver gobbled up by investment demand in 2020? That's > a third of supply btw.

I submit that the gold vs dollar exchange rate is intentionally manipulated by banksters and their pet dictators in gubmint by manipulating silver.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Hold the line!

(That didn't last long for Gamestop). Just over a hundred now.
Cuban seemed to think that a lot of GME had been bought on margin and got called as the price fell. Of course demand was choked off almost entirely by RH to start the cascading decline. The only good news is that RH will likely implode into oblivion, but Vlad did what he had to (and I suppose he has been rewarded richly).

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I estimate that silver (paper price) will increase 60% in 2021.
That actually wouldn't be all that difficult in terms of average price...which was 15.70 in 2020.

The only good news is that RH will likely implode into oblivion, but Vlad did what he had to (and I suppose he has been rewarded richly).
Anyone want to bet on whether such blatant market rigging will be met with criminal charges against anyone?

The stock market is a cesspool of market rigging and corruption, but only by those that are allowed to ignore "laws". If anyone is ever prosecuted over this mess, it's more likely to be a peasant than a ruling class parasite.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
<SLV> I really do not need a Supply/Demand consideration, since I have been stacking equally for forty fargin years. All the graphs show that looking back -- it was the best stacking strategy.

Au/Ag are not locked except that the silver market is tiny compared to the gold market. I will be covered no matter what.

But I MUST point out the holysmokes elephant in that corner behind you: 114.77 to 1. Been there just recently, eh wot?

If gold is only 8 times harder to get than silver... How could it be 114.77 TIMES more expensive? So the true 8:1 ratio has tumbled way down to 70 to 1. It is now only about 8-10 times too high.

Gold can come way down (not a chance with helicopters overhead).

Silver can come up to 1/8 the price of gold.

But the bullshit rubber-band ain't gonna stay in the short-strokes forever. Understand -- I've said it more than a dozen times: I do not want a moon shot.

There ain't no air on the moon.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
<SLV> I really do not need a S/D argument, since I have been stacking equally for forty fargin years.

Au/Ag are not locked except that the silver market is tiny compared to the gold market. I will be covered no matter what.

But I MUST point out the holysmokes elephant in that corner behind you: 114.77 to 1. Been there just recently, eh wot?

If gold is only 8 times harder to get than silver... How could it be 114.77 TIMES more expensive? So the true 8:1 ratio has tumbled way down to 70 to 1. It is now only about 8-10 times too high.

Gold can come way down (not a chance with helicopters overhead).

Silver can come up to 1/8 the price of gold.

But the bullshit rubber-band ain't gonna stay in the short-strokes forever. Understand -- I've said it more than a dozen times: I do not want a moon shot.

There ain't no air on the moon.
But you could hold your breath long enough to sell it?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
But you could hold your breath long enough to sell it?
Never sell. I WILL buy things with it, though.

Oh. BTW, Pilgrims: I ain't dream weaving here. During the time I have been stacking, the GSR was 15:1. I shit you not. Look at December 1979.

GSR was 31:1 in 2011.
https://www.macrotrends.net/1441/gold-to-silver-ratio

What argument can anyone use to say recent gold silver ratios cannot get back to sanity? You gonna bet against that chart?

Last edited:

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The stock market is a cesspool of market rigging and corruption, but only by those that are allowed to ignore "laws". If anyone is ever prosecuted over this mess, it's more likely to be a peasant than a ruling class parasite.
Because those in power and those who committing the crimes are in bed together and they are sharing the power/profits.

Afterall, it is the banksters who put the politicians into power. WE THE PEOPLE don't get who we voted for.

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Well... that's a fact. But for the last 30+ years, I've dealt with the guy with the same vigorish: Four up, four down. Gold and silver.

So I doan see no steenkeeng gouging.
Now what will be interesting Unca is when he comes into supply again. Sounds like he is as honest as the day is long but why would he give you four up when everyone else is selling for 14 up?