• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Remember Lois Lerner of the IRS?

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...eal-who-took-part-in-tea-party-targeting.html

Judge orders IRS to reveal who took part in Tea Party targeting

A federal judge has ordered the Internal Revenue Service to release the names of specific employees involved in targeting Tea Party groups, after years of litigation over what conservatives have long called “chilling” behavior by one of the government’s “most feared” agencies.

Judge Reggie B. Walton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia also said the IRS must provide information about which groups were targeted and why, along with a strategy to make sure such targeting doesn't happen again.

The IRS is involved in multiple lawsuits with conservative groups related to the Tea Party targeting scandal; this particular case involves True the Vote.

“We’re thrilled the judge has taken this step and it feels good to have it recognized that they need to be held to account,” True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht told Fox News on Monday. “What happened to me was very personal—my name was thrown around the IRS, and the names of the people involved need to be known. What they did was criminal.”

The targeting scandal drew much attention in 2013 when the IRS, headed at the time by Lois Lerner, admitted it was applying extra scrutiny to conservative groups applying for nonprofit status
“That was wrong,” Lerner said at the time in the press. “That was absolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. ... The IRS would like to apologize for that.”

But director of investigations and research at Judicial Watch Chris Farrell, whose organization is also involved in litigation with the IRS on this issue, told Fox News that the IRS owes litigants “real accountability.”

“This was creepy, chilling stuff,” Farrell told Fox News. “Judge Walton has accomplished more with one ruling than all of the rest of the federal government—all three branches—over the last six years.”

Farrell added: “The IRS is one of the most feared government agencies, and they’ve gotten a pass, in part. Walton is looking for real accountability and that’s so important.”

At a hearing last week, Walton told IRS attorneys that it was time to “lay it on the line. Put it out there,” according to The Washington Times.

"We are reviewing the order and will respond accordingly," a Justice Department spokesperson told Fox News Monday. Justice Department attorneys are representing the IRS in the suit.

“We do not comment on pending litigation,” a spokesperson for the IRS told Fox News on Monday.

Engelbrecht told Fox News that “the fight” under the Trump administration has been “every bit as difficult” as it was under the Obama administration.

“They are still entrenched on the idea that the IRS did nothing wrong and all of America now knows that is not the case,” Engelbrecht said. “What we’re fighting for is we want to see a policy that prohibits viewpoint discrimination. Holding the IRS accountable and personalizing it is a great step forward to coax each one out of their den of thieves.”

Engelbrecht added: “We are fighting on behalf of all Americans, because if it could happen to us, it can happen to anyone.”

Walton ordered the IRS to search for further records, according to The Washington Times, in other agency databases for the time period spanning 2009 to March 27, 2015.

“Furthermore, to the extent that the plaintiffs have already received information produced by the government indicating that the plaintiffs were allegedly discriminated against, and that information provides a basis to believe that other such documents exist, the government must search all relevant sources to ensure that all documents responsive to the document request is identified and produced,” the judge wrote in his order.

Walton gave the IRS until Oct. 16 to finish the search.

Last edited by a moderator:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
And Lerner got a free pass, along with Clinton, Lynch, Holder, Rice, Comey and the rest of the corrupt , there has been absolutely no cleaning of the swamp, if anything its worse and the dems are in control even though their a minority in both houses, rinos are dancing to the dnc

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
"We are reviewing the order and will respond accordingly," a Justice Department spokesperson told Fox News Monday. Justice Department attorneys are representing the IRS in the suit.
So Jeff Session's department is defending her against tea party people. Winning! Yay!
Yes i know it will be spun as Session's people will provide a luke warm defence but i say bullshit. I bet the justice department says she is "a good person" instead and any further action dropped.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Page in OP no longer redirects
Is it just me?

EIDT:
Just Me

Thanks

Last edited:

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Released on Thursday the 17th, the internet's getting a bit slow around here

What'd we have in the mean time? 10 more sailors died?

IDK

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
And Lerner got a free pass, along with Clinton, Lynch, Holder, Rice, Comey and the rest of the corrupt , there has been absolutely no cleaning of the swamp, if anything its worse and the dems are in control even though their a minority in both houses, rinos are dancing to the dnc
And 2 years later she is still free collecting her Gov pension. Looks like the feds and state gov all use the same playbook. Commit a crime and have the Gov look into it to find no wrong doing.

Thats like me committing a crime and having my Mom come out and say she investigated it and found no evidence of wrongdoing.:dduck:
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could all just investigate ourselves?

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Something tells me Lois Lerner will have a sudden medical incident or suffer an accident in the future when this case finally starts to fully unravel and start leading to others people.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
And 2 years later she is still free collecting her Gov pension. Looks like the feds and state gov all use the same playbook. Commit a crime and have the Gov look into it to find no wrong doing.

Thats like me committing a crime and having my Mom come out and say she investigated it and found no evidence of wrongdoing.:dduck:
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could all just investigate ourselves?

I hope you are right but have my doubts these days about anything being fixed.
Years ago there were assorted so called measures reigning in the IRS after the Nixon debacle.
Quite frankly those measures made sweeping changes to the IRS in my opinion.
Today though the Lerner situation shows that those imposed safeguards have been thrown out the window during the Obama, and perhaps Bush administrations.
WHat irks me the most though is even though her hand was caught in the cookie jar she still gets a pension.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
They have already come out and said she wont be charged so she's good to go.

I dropped out years ago. Decided I would rather be poor than pay one more penny to the feds so they can kill millions with my money. I sleep good at night.

Locally I still pay my property taxes. Another 10-20 percent increase though and I am done. At that point I'll either sell or bulldoze the house and just go back to paying 70 bucks on the land every year..

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The targeting scandal drew much attention in 2013 when the IRS, headed at the time by Lois Lerner, admitted it was applying extra scrutiny to conservative groups applying for nonprofit status
“That was wrong,” Lerner said at the time in the press. “That was absolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. ... The IRS would like to apologize for that.”
NOTICE Lois Lerner NEVER apologizes herself. She apologizes FOR the IRS. ( I vas ONLY following ORDERS, In my best Sgt. Schultz voice)

FYI, outside of prosecutions of criminal charges DOJ Attorneys SUCK at Defense or any other litigation. ( Been There WON that)

All attorneys worth at least salt are in private practice making bank. Not low wages and a promised pension after 25 years. JMHO

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Looks like Comey is going to retire comfortably as well.. Word is no prosecution for him either.. I mean why would they, he only attempted to overthrow a sitting president.

So much for Barr coming in to save the day...
Until we ar marching in DC demanding justice or resignations of the political elite this shit doesn't change. Same old story..

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Looks like Comey is going to retire comfortably as well.. Word is no prosecution for him either.. I mean why would they, he only attempted to overthrow a sitting president.

So much for Barr coming in to save the day...
Until we ar marching in DC demanding justice or resignations of the political elite this shit doesn't change. Same old story..
Maybe the cabal's punishment is a lot worse and won't cost us taxpayers a dime?

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I got ya OGD, but I'm tired of 'maybes'

Real Men don't accept Maybes except perhaps maybe from God the Almighty, all others can...

i don't even care about that anymore, they have more money than me, more pussy than me, more power than me, better houses than mine, cars, drivers, servants, investors, bankers, CEO's as financial advisers, and they've stolen it all from me and mine (bros and sisters) and they ain't giving any of it back

Let 'em choke on it

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I got ya OGD, but I'm tired of 'maybes'

Real Men don't accept Maybes except perhaps maybe from God the Almighty, all others can...

i don't even care about that anymore, they have more money than me, more pussy than me, more power than me, better houses than mine, cars, drivers, servants, investors, bankers, CEO's as financial advisers, and they've stolen it all from me and mine (bros and sisters) and they ain't giving any of it back

Let 'em choke on it
@Buck I sympathize with you. I feel the same way. Then again, if the bad guys start offing each other and innocent people don't get sucked into the defecation storm isn't that justice well served? My only fear is that the cabal will take out a whole airliner full of innocent souls in order to silence or punish one of their own. Not to say, they probably haven't already. Sad to say.

All I know is that Karma always comes around but she makes the timetable. I just hope to see her in action against these evil people.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
i hate carrying baggage

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
So apparently Comey didn't intend to break the law so he walks.. Next time I get pulled over for speeding I will claim I never intended to speed. Take it to a jury and see what they say since the prosecutor has to prove intent and all. :).

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I am not necessarily advocating this, but the systematic and quiet elimination of those who committed Treason, and responsible for sending this country down the tubes, those guilty without any doubt, tried in abstensia by a Military Court, and disappeared (think John McCain) would be the quickest and fairest way to right this Ship without having long drawn out Trials for,Treason, that MMS would make into a Circus.

Last edited:

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So apparently Comey didn't intend to break the law so he walks.. Next time I get pulled over for speeding I will claim I never intended to speed. Take it to a jury and see what they say since the prosecutor has to prove intent and all. :).
Patience, grasshopper, Comey is still going to be prosecuted for his FISA abuse, and possibly Treason. The IG report was very narrow in scope, compared to,the whole Enchilada of crimes he committed.