• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Remington Arms declares bankruptcy

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Just read on another outdoor forum that Remington Arms is preparing to file. Not a surprise to me. Nothing really innovative from them in the last 20years other than the versa max shotgun. They are probably moving more manufacturing overseas.

A while back I was looking for a gas operated semi auto 20 gauge for my niece that would not break the bank. Ended up buying a Weatherly SA-08. Looked at Remington 1100 which was plastic/composite in the trigger assembly and not the fit and finish of the older 1100's and still +$275. Winchester was nearest competitor at +$230 but still lots of plastics internally. Beretta was +$850 and nice but not that much nicer. Browning doesn't make a gas operated semi auto in 20 gauge. Everyone else makes their semi auto on the inertia action that has more recoil. Been pleased with the gun so far.

The mass outsourcing and overseas manufacturing of many firearms has cheapened everything up so much that according to my gunsmith a lot of the new firearms are almost impossible to repair.
BP

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Just like a half dozen other gun manufacturers, they were great before the merger, not worth spit after. Mergers are just another form of gun control.