• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Reminiscing: Endless Enigma

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Didn't want to post the entire article due to possible copyright issues.

Reminiscing: Endless enigma

Richard Lentinello on Apr 10th, 2019 at 2pm

1968 Chevrolet Camaro brochure cover. Image courtesy the Old Car Manual Project.
[Editor’s note: This “Reminiscing” story, edited by Richard Lentinello, comes to us from Hemmings Classic Car reader James Clavin of Bay Shore, New York.]

It all started for me in the spring of 1977, when I received my driver’s license. I lived with my mother, an older sister and brother; none of them would teach me to drive. Mom always became nervous if I got behind the wheel of her blue 1969 Chevelle. My sister was too busy with her boyfriend to teach me, and my brother, being six years older, was away at college. I was determined to get it myself.

With the help of Mom, I did what no teenager would ever think of doing and faced humility; I signed up for private driving school lessons. Practice was in a 1976 Plymouth Fury. This car had a bright yellow exterior with the large company logo on the roof and side of the doors for advertising. I took those lessons secretly after high school. But I was smart. I told the driving instructor to meet me around the block, away from the school twice a week. On the plus side, it was also my ride home instead of walking.

Full article here: https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/04/10/reminiscing-endless-enigma/?refer=news