• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Remove Trojans and Viruses

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

blueice

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Nick, HitmanPro, is a good application..

Another good site is Bleepingcomputer.com.

Did a Hitman scan and it found only one issue - The GIMco virus!

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Are those links just for identifying things and to actually get rid of them you have to pay? If so I have three programs I run right now that do the same.

Me? I just need to know how to find these waskly things and hoe them out of the garden as I don't need some one doing it for me.

Yeah but I have a bigger problem right now. Oh yeah, and I am going to have to go all geek out on it. Stupid PC went into safe mode on its own after I deleted that palikin stupid stuff and I of course just went right on surfing and saving, talk about stupid. So this would not be a problem except what I saved in safe mode is stuck in safe mode, such as doc's and downloads and book marks. SO, it looks like every thing is going onto another flash drive from normal mode and then from safe mode and then a hard boot re-do-over start.

Awhhh yes ya gots ta just love these things.

edit: Yes this happened once before this going to safe mode and then back to normal mode....

question: Is there different safe modes or places on the hard drive that are formatted for these kinds of fee-ask-o's?

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Agree with the listed utilities. IMO the very best preventative measure is to avoid running windows in an administrator account except when absolutely necessary, and to avoid using the internet from an administrator account. Unfortunately, the default windows installation has exactly one account, and it has administrator privileges.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Agree with the listed utilities. IMO the very best preventative measure is to avoid running windows in an administrator account except when absolutely necessary, and to avoid using the internet from an administrator account. Unfortunately, the default windows installation has exactly one account, and it has administrator privileges.
Or run a Mac