• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Retired Navy Admiral Blasts Trump Over Revocation Of John Brennan's Security Clearance

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Commander of SEAL raid that killed bin Laden blasts Trump: You have 'embarrassed,' 'humiliated' U.S.

Hunter
Daily Kos Staff
Thursday August 16, 2018 · 3:30 PM EDT

In an open letter to Donald Trump published in the Washington Post, retired Navy admiral William McRaven blasts Trump over his revocation of former CIA director John Brennan's security clearance. McRaven was the commander of the U.S. Navy SEAL race that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. He does not mince words in telling Trump what he thinks of him.

I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.​
Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs. [...]​
Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.​

McRaven also calls Trump’s behavior “McCarthy-era tactics,” but assures Trump that if he thinks those tactics will silence critics “you are sadly mistaken.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...sts-Trump-You-have-embarrassed-humiliated-U-S

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I bet Trump knows a whole lot more about what's going on than this retired admiral.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

By William H. McRaven August 16 at 2:44 PM

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.

Read more:

Greg Sargent: Trump’s punishment of Brennan is actually all about the Mueller probe

John Brennan: I will speak out until integrity returns to the White House

Jennifer Rubin: Republicans allow attacks on dissent at their own peril

Short vid at link:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8235349fe2af

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

By William H. McRaven August 16 at 2:44 PM

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.

Read more:

Greg Sargent: Trump’s punishment of Brennan is actually all about the Mueller probe

John Brennan: I will speak out until integrity returns to the White House

Jennifer Rubin: Republicans allow attacks on dissent at their own peril

Short vid at link:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8235349fe2af
Trump: DONE! Who's next??

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Wow. Well said, Admiral.

Looks like not everyone fears the paper tiger.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Liber,

I would argue don't be so naive............

A valid security clearance on someone who is now out of office is a hot commodity up for sale to the military industrial complex.

For this punk to raise a fuss clearly shows exactly what he is,

I would also argue, grant his wish and send him packing too.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Wow. Well said, Admiral.

In every other job that anyone knows about, when you leave the position you hand over the keys and the badge and you email is disabled...oh, and you lose access to the company systems too.

Are you just acting stupid or are you suffering from T.U.R.D.S?

BTW, I love it when I find nevertrumpsters....their IQs typically matches their waist size and their minds are easily manipulated.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
In every other job that anyone knows about, when you leave the position you hand over the keys and the badge and you email is disabled...oh, and you lose access to the company systems too.
EXACTLY RIGHT!

There is no reason any of these people should maintain any clearances or access after leaving, transferring, and so on.

this circle jerk of .gov is out of control, and thankfully for tramp, much is coming into the light

stuff we thought obvious, well, it wasn't

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The only question I have is why did trump wait so long?

Like it or not, Trump is CEO of the executive branch and commander in chief of the military.

What happens when you talk shit about your boss?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

That should have been done immediately after the good admiral posted it. I'm surprised Trump didn't do it. Maybe he still has a bit more work to do getting the military on board

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Liber,

I would argue don't be so naive............

A valid security clearance on someone who is now out of office is a hot commodity up for sale to the military industrial complex.

Hey Scorp,

I see your point, and if everyone's clearances were revoked after a certain time out of office as part of some SOP, that would make a lot of sense.

However, picking and choosing whose clearances you revoke and targetting your critics is a despot's SOP. I'd say it's naive not to recognize that.

I think many fail to recognize certain clear signs of despotism because, as opposed to much of the world, the US hasn't dealt with being ruled by tyrants and despots before.

As to whether of not the Admiral, who is also a decorated Navy SEAL with plenty of combat experience, is a punk or not, I seriously doubt it.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
As to whether of not the Admiral, who is also a decorated Navy SEAL with plenty of combat experience, is a punk or not, I seriously doubt it.
I actually served, and none of the trinkets on the chest mean shit to me. None of them.

It is part of the pomp and circumstance.

As for being a seal, and combat experience, I do have a word for that.......

So???

You want combat experience real world rather than computer games? Then go walk the streets of chicago or Caracus and get back to me.

The man and his actions matter to me, not trinkets and big talk.

Finally, this pos is backing the traitor kenyan, and you want me to take anything he has seriously?

oatsama bin little dropped in a ocean,

uhhh huh

ranks right up there with JFK was assassinated by a despot

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Trump should revoke his security clearance and then issue an order than anyone who has a security clearance and associated with him will lose theirs. Make him a pariah amongst his peers. He'll be filing for bankruptcy within in the year since no defense contractor will touch him and he has no other marketable workplace skills. He'll be a great example to those "entitled" government employees that think everything is due them.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I think many fail to recognize certain clear signs of despotism because, as opposed to much of the world, the US hasn't dealt with being ruled by tyrants and despots before.
I would argue that the US has been ruled by petty tyrants and junior despots for decades if not for more than a century.

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Mark my words, this little exercise will turn out to be a big stain on the Kenyan's legacy
0bamba legacy? The whole Kenyan "legacy" is nothing more than a foul smelling stain.
The bin laden raid was a sham.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
The only question I have is why did trump wait so long?
Think recon... what if intel was fake and they wanted to see who would act upon it?

Send Brennan fake intel (he had to log in correct? Could easily point his login to fake intel) and see where it ended up.

What actors received it and acted on it???

Bigfoot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Wow. Well said, Admiral.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Brennan illegally spied on the US Senate, among other nefarious activities. Believe me,
I have plenty of doubts about Trump, but Brennan is no friend of the principles needed to govern any free society. Research the guy a bit, and you'll see, this is definitely not someone you want in the government.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Another high ranking military man speaks...…….

Ret. Lt. General to Trump: Take my security clearance too
CNN

Published on Aug 16, 2018
Retired Lt. General Mark Hertling discusses President Trump stripping former CIA Director John Brennan of his security clearance.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Brennan illegally spied on the US Senate, among other nefarious activities. Believe me,
I have plenty of doubts about Trump, but Brennan is no friend of the principles needed to govern any free society. Research the guy a bit, and you'll see, this is definitely not someone you want in the government.
No worries, Bigfoot. But, just to be clear, please note that I'm not saying he represents the principles of a free society, or that I'd want him in government.

However, when he says "Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation", I think he's right. And I think speaking out against the removal of security clearances being used as a way to punish critics is also right.

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
However, when he says "Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation", I think he's right. And I think speaking out against the removal of security clearances being used as a way to punish critics is also right.
I don't, the one who "divided" us as a nation was the Kenyan. The lib/prog/soc/comm's & media continue zer0's work.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
No worries, Bigfoot. But, just to be clear, please note that I'm not saying he represents the principles of a free society, or that I'd want him in government.

Removal of security clearances should take place once you vacate your official position, just like the rest of the country handles secutity access for former employees. What part of this don't you get and how does the good admiral's free speech get stifled by removing his government security clearance? That's just silly!

Liberal talking points like this are very difficult to keep up with because you leftists seem to know so much that isn't so.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Another high ranking military man speaks...…….
beautiful,

sned him packing also,

fookin' war mongers and thieves,

don't let the door hit ya,

if they are stepping up with their neck laid bare, by all means, get 'er done

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
beautiful,

sned him packing also,

fookin' war mongers and thieves,

don't let the door hit ya,

if they are stepping up with their neck laid bare, by all means, get 'er done
Pretty sure Bruce Ohr may be next...………….

Trump: Mueller is conflicted, targets Justice official over clearance

Reuters
1 hr ago

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday he will likely strip Justice Department official Bruce Ohr of his security clearance and complained again that Special Counsel Robert Mueller, leading the investigation into possible Russia meddling in the presidential election, had conflicts of interest.

Speaking to reporters days after he revoked the clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, Trump aired his long-held grievances about the probe into possible collusion between his 2016 presidential campaign and Moscow. Trump has denied any collusion and Russia has said it did not meddle in the election.

"I think Bruce Ohr is a disgrace. I suspect I'll be taking it away very quickly," Trump said about the clearance for an attorney in the department's criminal division. Ohr is linked to a dossier on Trump's campaign and Russia, compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British spy.

"Mr. Mueller has a lot of conflicts also, directly himself," Trump said. "You know that. Mr. Mueller is highly conflicted."

Still, Trump said Mueller should be allowed to finish a report on potential Russia meddling in the election that Russia has denied.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...official-over-clearance/ar-BBM3EnX?ocid=ientp

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
complained again that Special Counsel Robert Mueller, leading the investigation into possible Russia meddling in the presidential election, had conflicts of interest.
LOL Mueller is working with Trump. This is merely the narrative they need to portray to the public to keep the left offsides...

from SerialBrain2
Yes, Mueller is on our side, if you did not know. Re-read: [Q#14] (https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/147433975/#147433975). Mueller has a [highly honorable] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller) military background. He is a patriot. He is in the network of the Military who convinced Trump to run. He was never after being appointed as FBI Director by Trump, that was not possible, as explained in [Q#18] (https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/147433975/#147441378). So why did he meet with Trump one day prior to FBI announcement? If you don’t know, ask Nancy Pelosi, she knows: [read] (http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...-commission-after-special-counsel-appointment). They have been played.​
They will never attack Mueller, they all have something to hide and know his retaliation could be deadly. It’s Sunday, good time to re-watch [Troy] (
).​

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
This is the same guy who was sucking Obama's dick, isn't it?
Brennan has got to be one of the ugliest and stupidest piece of shit ex-politicians out there. For sure this asshole is deep state Washington's, as well as that imbecile admirals butt boy...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Brennan has got to be one of the ugliest and stupidest piece of shit ex-politicians out there. For sure this asshole is deep state Washington's, as well as that imbecile admirals butt boy...
He's a creepy looking dude, that's for sure!

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Before Benghazi, there was Extortion 17, the call sign of a special operations mission in Afghanistan on Aug. 6, 2011. Extortion 17 is a bigger scandal and betrayal of Americans than Benghazi. While Benghazi resulted in four American deaths, Extortion 17 resulted in 38 deaths, including nearly two dozen Navy SEALs.

Three months after the strike on Osama bin Laden, 30 Americans — including 15 from the bin Laden strike-team unit, Navy SEAL Team 6, and two other SEALs — were killed in the costliest single-day loss for the U.S. military in the Afghanistan war, and the largest SEAL loss ever. A “lucky shot” in the pitch-dark brought down the old Vietnam era CH-47 Chinook helicopter attempting to land them in the middle of an ongoing battle in Wardak Province. Or so the U.S. military claims. The families are not so sure.

More sickening was the fact that rules of engagement prevented suppressive fire from being aimed at the tower firing on the Chinook. Billy Vaughn, father of slain SEAL Aaron Vaughn, recalled how Admiral William McRaven explained this breach to the grieving families: U.S. forces couldn't fire back, the admiral said, because "we want to win hearts and minds." As Charles Strange, father of slain SEAL Michael Strange, later put it: "What about my heart? What about my mind?"

The Rules of Engagement are a much bigger scandal than Benghazi. Why was there NO gunship escort that night? There was NO pathfinder. NO eye in the sky drone. NO back-up. NO help. NO rescue! What happened in the final minutes of Extortion 17? The black box was never recovered, the military insists. Really??? What about the seven Afghan soldiers who joined the mission at the last minute, replacing Afghans previously scheduled to fly? No one knows the identities of this last-minute group, or why they flew that day. More troubling still, military investigators didn't interview Afghan commanders to find out.

It gets even worse... When the bodies of the American heroes got home, a Muslim Imam was allowed to pray over dead American warriors bodies as they arrived home. In the unbelievably deplorable prayer, the Imam damned the men to hell at their own funeral!!!

In the video below the prayer was translated into English. You will be able to hear and know just what was said during the prayer at the memorial service.

The families report never receiving a copy of the ramp ceremony as is customary. Further, father of Petty Officer First Class (SEAL) Aaron C. Vaughn, Billy Vaughn, named the JSOC commander and 2011 Time magazine runner-up Admiral William H. McRaven as complicit in the cover up.

Aaron Vaughn, who was 30 at the time of his death, left behind two young children. It was just hours before the fatal mission Vaughn had called his wife, and spoke to his son for the last time.

“The hearts and minds of the enemy are more valuable to this government than my son’s blood. This is submission and the cost of that submission on August 6 was my only son,” said Karen Vaughn.

It is heart wrenching listening to Karen Vaughn, a mother who lost her only son. He was a proud member of Seal Team 6. She is angry that current rules of engagement put her son’s life, and that of every son and daughter serving in the military today in grave danger. She demanded to know if reaching the hearts and minds of Muslim extremists is more important than her son’s life. She also expressed anger at the form letters the President keeps sending out when our children are killed.

Her husband, Billy Vaughn, recounted the visit they received from Admiral William McRaven, who was apparently sent to put a lid on their inquiries. The Admiral was the head of the Joint Strategic Objectives Plan (JSOP), as well as runner up for Time’s Man of the Year in 2011.

As the Vaughns are residents of Florida, they also approached Sen. Marco Rubio to enlist his assistance in their quest for answers. Sen. Rubio told him he would talk to his new BFF, John "Songbird" McCain, and see what they could do. Mr. Vaughn’s response was “No, thank you, I’ll do it myself, I don’t trust John McCain or the GOP establishment to pursue this.

Admiral William McRaven also is the man responsible for ordering military files about the Navy SEAL raid on Osama bin Laden’s hideout to be purged from Defense Department computers and sent to the CIA, where they could be more easily shielded from ever being made public. These records were moved to the CIA to avoid the legal requirements of the Freedom of Information Act. An acknowledgement by Adm. William McRaven of his actions was quietly removed from the final version of an inspector general’s report. McRaven’s extremely unusual order would have remained secret had it not been mentioned in a single sentence on the final page in the inspector general’s draft report that examined whether the Obama administration gave special access to Hollywood executives planning a film, “Zero Dark Thirty,” about the raid. The draft report was obtained and posted online by the Project on Government Oversight, a nonprofit watchdog group in Washington.

You may choose to look the other way, but NOW you can never say again that you did not know...

It’s up to “We the People” to demand a hearing and help the families of our fallen heroes get the answers they rightfully deserve. Please not only read this post and watch this video, but make sure it goes viral. Then pick up the phone and call your Representative in Congress and demand a Congressional hearing. Keep calling until that hearing is scheduled. We’ve kept up the pressure on Benghazi. These families deserve no less from us.

NEVER FORGET! NEVER FORGIVE!
DEMAND A CONGRESSIONAL HEARING!!!

Bigfoot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
However, when he says "Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation", I think he's right.
Well, I think you could say that about every president in recent history.

And I think speaking out against the removal of security clearances being used as a way to punish critics is also right.
The context that I view this in, is that Trump is trying to prevent a coup. Brennan isn't just a critic, he's the former head of an extremely powerful and secret organization, and one who willingly violated his constitutional oath. Brennan is a danger to the republican system of government.