• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Reverse proof silver set...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Not a fan of the image, I've seen my life's share of lincolns. I'd be a buyer of a Wheatie or Flying Eagle design though.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Not a fan of the image, I've seen my life's share of lincolns. I'd be a buyer of a Wheatie or Flying Eagle design though.
This looks different than any Lincoln penny you have ever seen. Nice looking set.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
This looks different than any Lincoln penny you have ever seen. Nice looking set.
I didn't even realize there was a set. I clicked on his second link. That said, I still don't get anything but turned off by the site of a Lincoln head.
I bought the Lincoln Coin and Chronicles set thinking I could re-coup my investment + but at the moment it's not a desired set and further turns me off from his head.

I like the rest of the set though, I used to try to grab the silver sets when I could but I'm tired of storing anything but bullion ATM.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm a stacker not a numismatic coin collector. You know how many of these sets make it back into circulation? Lots... Coin roll hunters find these all the time. One year from now they'll be at flea markets and garage sales for silver melt value.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
I'm a stacker not a numismatic coin collector. You know how many of these sets make it back into circulation? Lots... Coin roll hunters find these all the time. One year from now they'll be at flea markets and garage sales for silver melt value.
Hard to tell sometimes but I doubt that you'll find this for melt. 8-10 years ago and a reverse proof issue would have sold out in an hour or two so things have changed. Even given that, melt? Probably not?

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hard to tell sometimes but I doubt that you'll find this for melt. 8-10 years ago and a reverse proof issue would have sold out in an hour or two so things have changed. Even given that, melt? Probably not?
I second this. Gone are the days where people were brawling with each other to get their hands on a set, but this is still a unique offering. I'll be happy to pay 10% over melt for all needler's sets purchased at melt.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I second this. Gone are the days where people were brawling with each other to get their hands on a set, but this is still a unique offering. I'll be happy to pay 10% over melt for all needler's sets purchased at melt.
Does that offer come with an expiration date? : D

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Does that offer come with an expiration date? : D
Yes sir, it does! When the moon shot comes I will stop accumulation activities and more than likely jettison some of my payload out into space to decrease inertia so that I can more efficiently and boldly go where no man has gone before.;)