• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Ron Paul supporters came together for the opening of the office in Coralville

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
A good video.

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kfxa_vid_9151.shtml

[video]http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kfxa_vid_9151.shtml[/video]
(I can't embed the video)

Ron Paul supporters came together for the opening of the office off of 440 1st Avenue in Coralville. Some seemed quite confident that the Libertarian turned Republican is also going to change the minds of those who previously supported President Obama.

Ron Paul supporter Christopher Peters said Paul has certainly changed his mind. “I got rather disappointed after eight years of George W. Bush, actually switched parties and caucused for and voted for Obama in 2008,” Peters said.

Peters said he didn’t know much about Paul in 2008, but that has changed. “We’re excited to see Ron Paul running again this year and support him whole-heartedly,” Peters said.

Unofficial chair of the grassroots group for Ron Paul in Johnson County, Randi Shannon, said she’s seeing plenty of Democrats choose Paul.

“You could tell me he's a democrat and I would vote for him,” Shannon said.

Ron Paul supporters said he is able to bridge party lines, because it’s not about Republicans or Democrats, it’s about his policies. They said those policies will help him win the GOP nod in 2012.

“He bridges those people that are fiscally conservative on both sides,” Peters said.

Peters is even teaching his three boys about politics. “I feel like my dad has a good sense of direction of where this country is going,” Peter’s son Cole, 13, said when asked why he too is supporting Ron Paul.

In the democratic stronghold of Johnson County there are 92,221 registered voters. 43.8 percent are Democrats and 20.15 percent are Republicans. 35.73 percent of registered voters are Independent. Supporters said they hope they’ll be able to sway more Democrats over to Ron Paul’s side as well as earn the votes of a good portion of the Independent voters.

The elections office will be open 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. on Sundays.​

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
They haven't started bad mouthing him in earnest just yet...

I think they're hoping he just fade out of the limelight - what little he has managed to grab...