• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Ross Perot, self-made billionaire and presidential candidate, dead at 89

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
May he rest in peace !
edit:
Good riddance !

Last edited:

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
And His Protege:
President Donald J Trump

RIP Ross, you gave US a lot!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
"I'm all ears..." Ross Perot

Glasgow

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Back in eighties I raised Bulldogs
Had 2 that were house dogs the rest in my kennel
Wife and kids brought home a 8week old Jack Russel terrier
He would jump on the jowls of bulls and shake and growl till he would be thrown off
The little Jack had no name yet
Called him Perot
Voted for him twice

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
The first presidential candidate in my lifetime that had the balls to tell the truth. Donald Trump was the second.
God Bless ya Mr Perot, and thank you for telling the truth.

.:meditation:

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
"I'm all ears"....

Many friends voted for him. I did hear him say that if elected he would mobilize the National Guard and go door to door confiscating firearms. I'm sure that didn't go over well in Tejas.

He was a thorn in the side of GHW Bush who told Chip Tatum to "make him go away".

SC

GuitarFan

He was Trump before Trump was Trump.

For me, most importantly, he wasn't a career politician. He wanted to get in, fix things, and then GET OUT.

He was the only candidate in 1992 that supported blue collar working class voters. The Democrats abandoned them in the 1970s to favor white collar voters and academics and then you had Reagan's union busting of the 1980s. For two decades they took it on the chin and Perot was their last chance.

I suppose he could've polled better but he was liberal on social issues which probably irked the soc cons and he was the only candidate that questioned the Gulf War in 1990.

Even though he always supported Republican presidential candidates, I always felt he was a member of the "Old Left". His prime goal was to get fair wages for middle class workers and put identity politics on the back burner.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
and those color charts and graphs he used, those were something no one had seen before

They Were Fantastic

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I liked Eagleton. He was in a mental hospital and released as ok. How many other pols can say that.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Shook up the establishment for sure...RIP.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
"That giant sucking sound!"
And His Protege:
President Donald J Trump

RIP Ross, you gave US a lot!
The first presidential candidate in my lifetime that had the balls to tell the truth. Donald Trump was the second.
God Bless ya Mr Perot, and thank you for telling the truth.

.:meditation:
I voted for him too. He was a good American.
OK, all you guys, including me, that think Perot was so great, it was brought to my attention that he said he would HAVE AUTHORITIES "GO HOME TO HOME TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY!" I resend my comment of "may he rest in peace" to "Good riddance."

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
OK, all you guys, including me, that think Perot was so great, it was brought to my attention that he said he would HAVE AUTHORITIES "GO HOME TO HOME TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY!" I resend my comment of "may he rest in peace" to "Good riddance."
I couldn't find that quote, but he did say that about going home to home in ghetto and vacuum up all the guns and drugs.

Cordon off ghettoes to "vacuum up" guns & drugs
After a tour in south Dallas (a black ghetto riddled with crime and drug problems), Perot told a reporter that the "Jamaican drug dealers go around with firepower something like the Delta team would have. And we send police officers in there." His solution was to cordon off south Dallas for a one-night covert operation and send in hundreds of police to "vacuum it up"--search every dwelling and person on the street and confiscate the drugs and weapons. Perot advocated infrared tracking devices that might pinpoint drug locations in a neighborhood.
He also said that police should "just go in there [high-crime neighborhoods], cordon off the whole area, going block by block, looking for guns and drugs." When asked if that did not present a constitutional problem, Perot retorted, "Look, I'm sure that 95% of the people who live there would support this."
Source: Citizen Perot, by Gerald Posner, p.228 , Jul 2, 1993

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Good find, Silver. BUT the drugs are a product of our own governments underhanded doings. Clean up the drug source & the drug problems will go away.
That could easily be a first step to more gun confiscations.
Remember the axiom "make a problem big enough, that the people will accept the solution that they previously would not have accepted!"

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Perot was a weirdo to me back then (and now), the way he dropped out of the race because he found out about a Republican plan to sabotage his daughters wedding. Never bought that bull. I think he was a plant to get Clinton elected - and he did get the contract to computerize Arkansas's health care system.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Jim Marr's take:

It is indeed a conundrum as to why Ross Perot dropped out of the 1992 presidential race. There seem to be two distinct possibilities. One, he was simply a spoiler put into the race to draw votes away from Bush so that Bill Clinton, a New World Order protege, could win.

There is some evidence for this in that Perot played with the Big Boys and his company E-Systems reportedly gain a huge contract from the state of Arkansas to handle the computerization of its health care system. This is old methodology going back to 1912 when Morgan interests placed Teddy Roosevelt in the race from the Bull Moose Party to draw votes from Howard Taft who had pledged to veto any banking bill because it was clear that the big bankers were trying to set up a central bank, an effort which had been contested since the founding of the Republic. It worked and Woodrow Wilson was elected and during his administration we got the Federal Reserve System today commonly referred to as the central bank along with the income tax.

Other the other hand, there is also evidence that when Perot tried to trace missing American POWs in Vietnam he ran smack into the drug running activities which traced back to the CIA and even to G.H.W. Bush. Perot was so infuriated that he made an honest attempt to gain the presidency and clean this mess up. Unfortunately for him, he failed to realize that the Bushes were only the then most recent manifestation of the Rockefeller-Morgan-Harriman axis which has been controlling the plutocracy in America for years.

One individual cannot confront this nexus of power as JFK, MLK and RFK discovered too late. This plutocracy has learned never to allow a "cult of personalty" to gain sway in American as they cannot always depend on controlling one person who commands the alliegiance and following of the majority of Americans. This is why you cannot name one single individual since JFK and MLK who has commanded a united nationwide following.

This has been accomplished by control over the corporate mass media. This is why you barely hear about the one man who obviously has the best interests of the US Republic at heart in the 2008 election runup --- Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. If everyone in the nation could clearly learn of Mr. Paul's beliefs and concerns, he would command immediate and widespread support. But the plutocracy will not allow his message to reach a large public, he is marginalized and highly-paid media commentators either ignore him or tell us he hasn't a chance.

Perhaps this is best for Mr. Paul for if he appears to be making headway in confronting the Establishment, or whatever you want to call it, he will be assassinated --- physically or by character --- or threatened out of the race --- like H. Ross Perot. Even the Secret Service, FBI, CIA and the U.S. military cannot stand up to the power of the military-industrial complex, Wall Street and the International bankers.

Jim Marrs

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
A Nation Betrayed: The Backstory of Why Ross Perot’s 1992 Presidential Campaign Was Sabotaged
Charles Burris
This powerful video discusses the little known backstory of why 1992 presidential candidate Ross Perot was blackmailed and intimidated to drop out the race. As I pointed out in a previous LRC blog, none of this crucial information will be reported in mainstream regime media reports on the death of Perot.

James Gordon “Bo” Gritz is a former United States Army Special Forces officer Green Beret colonel & Delta Force commander who served for 22 years, including in the Vietnam War. I met and discussed the factual issues presented in the video with him in August 1999. They are detailed in his authoritative book, Called To Serve: Profiles in Conspiracy From JFK to George Bush (of which Colonel Gritz presented to me an autographed copy). Gritz was privately commissioned by billionaire Ross Perot to attempt POW rescues in conjunction with the Vietnam War POW/MIA issue. In 1986, after a trip to Burma (now Myanmar) in the Golden Triangle to interview drug kingpin Khun Sa regarding possible locations of U.S. POWs, Gritz returned from Burma with a videotaped interview of Khun Sa purporting to name several officials in the Reagan/Bush administration involved in narcotics trafficking in Southeast Asia. Among those named was Richard Armitage, who later served as Deputy Secretary of State during George W. Bush’s first term as president. Gritz believed that those same officials were involved in a cover-up of missing American POWs. Perot later confronted George Herbert Walker Bush with the conclusive damning evidence Gritz had uncovered. Bush did nothing. A frustrated Perot became adamantly determined to challenge President Bush in his 1992 re-election effort. Bush and deep state forces had other plans for the insurgent Perot.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
The last time I even considered voting was for Ross. Since then the political situation in this country has just worsened.

RIP Ross Perot