• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Rumour Of British Airways Flight With Twin Engine Shutdown

po14015

Unconfirmed Rumor Of British Airways Flight With Twin Engine Shutdown Diverted For Landing To Ostende, Belgium
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 04/21/2010 10:34 -0500

BelgiumUnited Kingdom

A (totally unconfirmed so far) rumor has surfaced on the Professional Pilot Rumor Network that a British Airways 747 flight has suffered a twin engine failure over north UK, and was forced to divert for an emergency landing in Ostende, Belgium.

From the forum:

(unconfirmed) 747 diversion with two engines shut down?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just heard that in the north of the uk a BA 747 has had a twin engine shut down, and diverted? From a mil source, but no further info, can anyone confirm or deny?
Further details, landed in Ostend with engine damage....
I cannot reveal sources for fear of reprisals in my line of work, but a 747 has definatly landed with engine damage in Ostend.... As said, the original post was the first rumblings, all info since had come from a very well placed source. Unsure on other details but it has impacted where I work, flying seems to have been halted again.
We will keep you updated as this rumor is either confirmed or denied. Of course, should this prove true, the implications for further airspace shutdowns will be severe.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/un...ngine-shutdown-diverted-landing-ostende-belgi

po14015

From another site:
"Ok i will clear all the confusion up,it was an MD11 frieghter from Maastricht to Ostende at FL150,when we landed we found evidence of something whether it was ash or just plain old dust we shall know when the engines(3of) are boroscoped which is happening as i type.No drama,some people know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill.But as engineers we had to err on the side of safety and follow the maintenance manual to the letter as always.I think World have done the right thing and followed the procedures,now if the boroscope does find something then alot of airlines are going to be looking for a new engine(s)."

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/412863-unconfirmed-747-diversion-two-engines-shut-down-2.html

Fanakapan

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Based upon the 'You couldn't make this stuff up' factor, I might wager that this story could be a runner :)