• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Russia Liquidates Almost All of its US Debt, Starts Buying Gold

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Smart move in anticipation of The Donald thumping the swamp creatures again. Swoop in and buy their bankster buddies for pennies on the dollar.

I guess Election Day will tell... or should I say the morning after?

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Last edited:

Peter52

The point here is not so much the figures but the signal sent to the other countries.
There will be more than one (gov, central bank, etc.) looking at Russia's behaviour as an example to follow, much more now that Russia's reputation outside the West is off the roof

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Russia still holds US debt except it is offshore in banking havens under different names and as derivative investment products. This allows them to say such things yet retain the liquidity of such instruments.

(Courtesy of my neighbor whom I mentioned this to and who works in the “legally”creative financial accounting industry)

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yeah, some of the stories he tells are amazing. One client got outted by some human rights group for contracting with a supplier in China for using child labor. So they fired the supplier (on paper) so the company could look good. They had the supplier create a shell company in the son’s name (who was 12, if that) and transfer the goods to the new company. Swap a few labels and add a few items then they sent the goods out the back door of the factory which was the address of the new company. Problem solved. All legal in China and the US.