• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

RV's, Campers, Van & Bus Conversions

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin On TV Show 2017 19
rollinontv

Published on Oct 5, 2017
On our first story this week we focus in again on ‘vintage trailers’ and not refurbished vintage trailers or new ‘retro models’ trailers but brand new vintage trailers. I know, that statement sounds weird. How can something be new and vintage at the same time?

As the saying goes, you’ll have to watch the story and see for yourself, but Thom Underwood’s Thom Thumb trailers are both new and vintage, check out this feature story.

Then, with more and more people buying travel trailers for the first time, some newbies will be looking for towing accessories and who better than Mark and Dawn Polk from RV Education 101 to key us in on some of the latest in trailer towing accessories.

Also, we continuously get inquiries about recipes we have featured on past shows. Well, we’re taking care of that and will be adding a new cooking section to our website, which will include recipe archives. This week’s recipe that has to be the all-time most requested recipe we’ve ever featured so, we’re bringing you a second helping of, “Apple Pie Salad’. Enjoy!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin On TV SHOW 2017 20
rollinontv

Published on Oct 5, 2017
On this week’s program, we visit with a couple that actively run a successful full-time, brick and mortar business and are also full-time RVers.

Also on this week’s show Jeff Johnston takes us back to one of his favorites, Lake Chelan in north-central Washington State for a weekend getaway. You might want to add this place to your destination calendar.

Mark and Dawn Polk show us how easy it is to install a cell phone booster in your RV.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Tour Our Awesome Budget Off-Grid Camper Van | Van Life
Exploring Alternatives

Published on Oct 8, 2017
Thank you to Squarespace for sponsoring this video :) http://squarespace.com/exploringalter... to get 10% off your first purchase. We built this simple stealth off grid camper van with a 2002 Ford E-150 cargo van. The conversion was pretty cheap and affordable, except for the solar power system we installed which cost around $1500. To make it even cheaper, we could have skipped the solar panels and hooked up the battery to charge off the van's alternator.

We built a simple plywood platform bed with an adjustable back rest so that we could sit up and work, sit back and read, and lie flat for sleeping. This simple addition to the bed made our time in the van SO much more comfortable than it would have been with just a flat bed.

We use a butane camping stove, and a regular non-electric cooler for our "kitchen," and we also have 2 x 10 L (2.5 Gallon) water just that we fill up every couple of days.

We used a cloth shoe rack and cut it into pieces to create soft storage all over the van so that we had easy access to things we needed every day. This helped us stay organized in a small space that otherwise would have gotten really messy, really fast. Well, it still did get messy but it was easier to clean up :)

We also installed a simple roof vent that's plugged into the house battery which helped us control the temperature in the van. Especially when we had to leave it parked in the sun for several hours at a time. We could just leave it running and have it suck all the hot air out of the van, which helped keep it 10-20 degrees cooler than it was the first summer we had it.

We've had 3 great summers in this van and we absolutely love living and travelling in the van, even if it's definitely not the most comfortable or practical way to live sometimes. Every little thing is a challenge in the van, like getting water, emptying the grey water bottle, finding places to park, etc. But it all becomes part of your daily routine after awhile and then you start to appreciate the simplicity of taking care of your every day needs. And it also makes you more aware of what you consume, and what you can life with/without.

We hope you enjoy touring our campervan and that it gives you some ideas of what you'd like to do (or not do!) with your own adventuremobile :)

Thanks for watching!

Mat & Danielle

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I've been following this thread for quite a while... Either millionaire yachts on wheels, or clunkers without enough amenities, most of the time. Looking for something affordable to own, drive, with minimum maintenance and everything we need... Found it.

Retirement special... Low cost, all amenities...

Used campers come with "other people's problems" - and cost half the price of new ones, without the reliability of "new", and are gas-guzzlers.

After a few years studying the market, and my druthers, I finally placed my order for a camper van for Europe, where I've been living. Selling the city apartment, finding a much cheaper house in the country with a big garage. Daughter lives in Denmark, will be visiting often, and plan Scandinavia tours (avoiding the $200/night hotels & $50 meals!), as well as Eastern Europe... Winter months in Spain & Portugal sunshine...

Our son & his kids live in the US - but we'll settle on flying & renting a vehicle for those visits.

Amazing how they managed to squeeze everything in this van like a boat-builder, to fit narrow European roads & small parking spaces!

Settled on one of the many models based on the Fiat Ducato ("Dodge ProMaster Van" in the US) with a 2.3l 130hp diesel 6-speed manual getting over 35mpg (not available in the US, where you can only get automatic twice-the-size gas-guzzlers under the same hood!). Under 20' long, plus another few feet for the rear cross-wise scooter carrier. Under $50k, with options (limited-slip differential, ABS, accordion window shades for windshield & driver-passenger windows, scooter carrier, second deep-cell battery, solar panel on roof, extra AC/DC outlets for laptops & cell phones - avoiding tripping over extension cords). Not wider than a regular van for narrow roads & parking spaces and easy turn radius.

Well insulated with double-pane windows (and 2 opening skylights) all with shades & screens, sliding door has screen too. Two double-bed bunkbeds (his & hers... with room for travel bags (clothing) across in the rear - not for people over 6' tall, except sleeping diagonally), 35 gallon fridge (usually they're the size of a microwave), decent bathroom with shower, central heat & hot water from the main diesel tank. 2 small propane tanks for the stove-top. 25 gallons of clean water, 25 gallons of waste water. Outside slide-out canister-drawer to empty toilet tank. Even has a 5th sleeping spot across the dinette (which will stay in the garage.) Only 4 passenger seats with belts.

Fits in a regular parking space (without the scooter carrier). Arrive near a city, park outside, take the scooter to tour the city, or Italian "Cinque Terre", avoiding learning public transport in each city. Made for putting on the miles, not parking for a month in a campsite. Drives more like a car than a truck.

Too bad it would be a headache to bring to the US... except as a "tourist". Euro "norms" and US "norms" don't match. Who needs the gas-guzzling engines, with speed limits as they are? As if the small 2.3 diesel polluted more than the engines offered in the US? Baloney! Big oil lobby?

Bought my 1st accessory against "snoopers" - motion-sensor "barking dog". A bit "tinny", haha.. But no weapons allowed in Europe. Switzerland won't even allow pepper-spray!

Stock photos =

virtual tour at website =

https://goo.gl/maps/ARLatoEgqMt

https://www.font-vendome.fr/van/leader-van-duo/

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
When I get mine (around x-mas), I'll see about posting a video with all the features. (Didn't mention a few = fog lights. Fully adjustable rotating captain chairs (with covers). Didn't get the rear-view camera, since there are windows in the rear, visible from the inside mirror. Didn't get the tv or radio (speakers pre-wired). I drive in silence, don't like distraction from traffic. Laptops when parked is enough, if I find a wi-fi hotspot.

I'm flabbergasted when I see the pricing of "similar" new models (based on the Dodge Ram Pro-Master Van) for sale in the US - under Winnebago trademark and others... And they usually have "options" I have no need for... like slide-out sides - and of course the big guzzling motors. At well over twice the price ($100k minimum). Europe has the (dis?)advantage of limiting car-license drivers to driving maximum total weights of 3.5 tons. This model is "legal" up to 3.5 tons total weight. Delivered with tanks full it weighs 2.8 tons, leaving 700kg (1500 pounds) of "loading capacity", passengers, scooter & carrier, personal effects. I think that the European camper-makers would make a killing in the US market, and that their offerings would meet an unfulfilled need/nitch in the market.

Took a while to sort through all the brands & options... to get a shoe that fits... Compared to the living conditions in the video in the post above mine, it's night & day. Of course, brand new, probably 5x the cost of that 2002 Ford Econoline ("home-made SUMMER camper") - but listen to all the mechanical repairs they run into... And they only have 2.5 gallons of water, no fridge, a stinky toilet, no kitchen or shower, no standing room, no insulation, no heat & hot water - and 10mpg to top it off (fuel costs 4x more in Europe)... I also didn't want to break down in the middle of Finland or Slovakia in a rust-bucket... trying to find parts for a 15 year-old vehicle.

Looking forward to "putting on the miles - or kilometers" - might install a dash cam. Bought a cheap one a year ago, but it died quickly. Have to do some research there... and also need a "platform" to adapt on the dash to attach my TomTom "truck" (height) gps & cell phones (with CamSam [speed trap warnings] app and Waze [traffic-jam warnings] app) and dash-cam, that won't interfere with the windshield screens closing. Speed limits keep changing so often that you really need those apps... And they work even when you don't have a sim card in the phone - update on wifi, and receive gps location.

Back to you in a few months! ;)

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
American icon gets a twist: Airstream unveils its $99k Globetrotter, which has a European look and mod cons including Samsung TVs, bluetooth audio and adaptive mattress
  • The brand new Airstream Globetrotter is the product of an international collaboration with Astheimer Limited
  • Vehicle was officially unveiled during a presentation at Adobe Max, The Creativity Conference, this week
  • 27ft-long trailer can sleep six people and comes with a small kitchen featuring a stove, pantry and fridge

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-4997320/Airstream-unveils-new-European-inspired-Globetrotter.html#ixzz4vyRwPP3F
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Walk Through 2018 Airstream Globetrotter 27FBQ Front Bedroom Queen Modern Travel Trailer
Colonial Airstream

Published on Oct 19, 2017
Full Walk Through Video

European inspired for your American dreams.

Designed in the UK with aesthetic influences from across the continent, the Airstream Globetrotter is a modernist lover’s dream. With its incredibly sleek, clean, and uncluttered European lines, and compositional elements that beautifully complement the Airstream profile, the Globetrotter is our newest American icon. Appealing to those design-savvy travelers with refined appreciation for contemporary form and function, the Globetrotter
is certain to inspire your own lust for wander and beyond.

Shines on the inside, too.

With the Airstream Globetrotter’s newly designed galley, panoramic windows, aluminum walls that bounce the light off cool reflective surfaces, four décor choices and sleeping for up to six, you may never want to go home again.

To your other home, that is.

www.colonialairstream.com

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin On TV Show 2017-21
rollinontv

Published on Oct 17, 2017
With the popularity of retro / vintage trailers continually growing we decided to see for ourselves what this hot new market is all about. This week, Jeff Johnston heads out for a long weekend in a brand-new Gulfstream Coach, Vintage Cruiser for one of his “real-life reviews”.

Then we catch up with John DiPietro at one of his favorite RV destinations, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, as he and his family stay at the Ocean Lakes Family Campground. Besides a look at the campground, we also get a look at some of the many attractions you can enjoy in and around the Myrtle Beach area.

John also gives us some tips on things you should do to protect your RV when vacationing along the coast.

Later in the show, Mark and Dawn Polk from RV Education 101 show us their cleaning tips to help keep your RV looking new for years to come.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin' On TV SHOW 2017-22
rollinontv

Published on Oct 17, 2017
On this week’s show we turn our attention again to the smaller, lite travel trailer market with an in-
depth look at the Lance 1475 model trailer.

Jeff Johnston took a 1475 for a long weekend review and even though Jeff is familiar with Lance
quality and construction, there were some other things Lance has incorporated into this small trailer
that had Jeff pleasantly surprised.

Also on this week’s show, what happens when your old refrigerator dies and you have to find a new
model that fits your needs and space. Evanne Schmarder ran into this exact situation and solved the
problem with a quick call to the folks at Norcold.

Plus, Mark and Dawn Polk from RV Education 101 show us ten items you should have in your RV to insure you have reliable campground connections no matter where you are.

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
That is an awesome rig for that kind of money!
I bet there'd be a market for those "small-compact-everything you need" 35mpg Euro-Camper Vans in the US, half-price of US offerings (from what I see browsing Winnebago etc.).

... and half the price of that Airstream TRAILER...

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Camping in the Old Days: 20 Fascinating Color Photographs of Travel Trailers and Motorhomes in the 1950s and '60s

Modern-day travel trailers trace their origins to gypsy travel wagons and the Conestoga Wagons built to carry settlers across the United States. Created out of Americans' love for camping and automobiles, the motorhome is born.

In 1910 the first motorhome, Pierce-Arrow's Touring Landau, debuts at Madison Square Garden. A back seat that folds down into a bed, a chamber pot toilet and a fold-down sink are a sensation, but the whole idea of a "motor home" doesn't catch on.

In the 1930s, auto coachbuilders continue to tinker with motorized homes, but high sticker prices keep public demand low.

Following WWII, innovative thinking restarts the motorhome industry on a small scale. Expensive luxury items, motorhomes remain far less popular than travel trailers.

In the 1960s, following the creation of the country's interstate highway system, traveling to remote wilderness areas becomes easy. Companies like Winnebago begin manufacturing motorhomes on a massive scale, driving down the cost.

http://www.vintag.es/2016/09/camping-in-old-days-20-fascinating.html

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The traveling "poo-poo problem".

Just a "trick" that I used "in a pinch". I travel a lot, by car... station wagon with rear seats removed and an inflatable mattress. Most of the time I park to sleep in a supervised "rest area", or at a 24 hour eatery. But sometimes where there are no "facilities".
- A month ago, I had to poop real bad... Had the car parked in a corner between industrial buildings... so was able to "discreetly" take a metal 5 gallon bucket out of the car, put in double-bagged plastic garbage-bag liner, and "do my business". Then knot the bag and throw it in the trash. But the edges of that metal bucket were cold and hard and "dug in". Basically, it was "efficient and sanitary" - but I took it one step further. I went to the discount store and for less than $10 bought a "soft-seat toilet seat", threw away the "lid" and "screw adapters", and after 10 minutes in my garage with a few screws and metal corner-brackets I'd adapted it so it fit without sliding around on the metal bucket. The advantage of the "soft-seat" is that it isn't "cold".
Problem solved. Just a question of finding a wall to park next to, and open the 2 side doors and position the bucket "out of view" between the two open doors & the wall. No "messes" to deal with, if you get solid leak-proof garbage bags. The empty bucket (well, when not "in use" holds TP & garbage-bag-roll & hand-cleaner & paper towels & dish detergent & a bottle of water), and the bagged flat "adapted soft-seat" take up little room in the car.

Not an "appetizing" topic, but really handy "in a pinch"... especially when compared to that video of the 2002 Econoline with the "sawdust toilet you can't pee in" (post 83 in this thread)... Totally "hygienic". Actually a much "cleaner feeling" than picking up dog-poo with an inside-out trash bag. No "contact". No "smells in the car". And straight to a trash can.

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
If you've been following my camper purchase... based on the SAME BODY, in the US, here's what you get... Winnebago Travato.

Instead of the $50k I'm paying, in the US you'll be paying $108.000 for what I consider MUCH LESS - apart from the "at rest" AC unit which I don't get ($3k option to add one, which would only function plugged into external current). My 2.3 Fiat Ducato "Euro 6"-diesel 130hp turbo, 95mph top speed, great "hill climber", will get AT LEAST 25mpg (and motor check-ups every 30.000 miles), in the States only choices are the "standard" 3.5 gasoline, or an even bigger diesel for several grand more. The only point in those bigger motors would be "boat-towing" imho. They definitely get less than HALF my gas mileage - and the "inside set-up" is really under-par compared to mine, with my double bunk-beds. They don't even have the (thick) seat-covers!

Blows me away, the "discrepancy"! Especially when you consider the 20-30% TAX that's included in the pricing in Europe!

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Just found this tread, thanks to dacrunch's link in the motorcycle thread, I've been considering something to travel about in. What I have now is a Honda van. Wife and I have been talking about how we could temporarily convert it to bare necessities for camping in as we travel. Ours is a 2010, but looks about like this:
used-2006-honda-odyssey-exl-8520-16771401-6-640.jpg

I've also considered a used conversion van or doing something on the order of a self build out of a delivery van or short bus. Like this:

grumman-olson-kurbmaster-12.jpg

Or even this:

UP2935b-used-short-bus.jpg

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
@ Lt Dan... Just consider repair costs & mpg's... Don't know how much room you'd have in the back of the Honda removing the back seats.

My wife & I rented a brand new Town&Country minivan from Hertz 2 summers ago... where the rear seats fold into the floor... and a double mattress squeezes in perfectly. Then slept (feeling quite "safe") in the parking lots of IHOPs & Waffle Houses - at every Interstate exit - (after asking permission, and after/before eating their great "specials"). 5k miles in 17 days. $700 rental. (No need to purchase any of the "insurance" if you pay with a Platinum credit card... and many other cards, have to check yours.) Any problem and a call to Hertz would have us in another new one in hours.

Sure beat reserving cheap motels in advance, and either arriving there way too early (wasting driving time), or way too late (when you're dozing off). Truck stops have shower facilities. Not a bad way to travel/tour "low-cost". Don't even need a tent (or camping fee).

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Don't know how much room you'd have in the back of the Honda removing the back seats.
The older ones, like my 2010 is a bit taller than the newer models, 2011-brand new. Also the very back seats fold down into the floor and the ones behind the driver/passenger seats come out, leaving almost a 4x8ft of floor space for temporarily making into a cargo area one could easily build a bed platform for storage under, (camping stuff maybe even a porta potty), but at least a bucket potty, I already have the special bucket lids for that. On the other hand, some of those short buses come with diesel engines which would out preform gas on the highway, give more space and would be better for camping here in Ohio state parks where I have a free pass for life for up to two weeks at a time. The only reason I seldom used it or don't now is where I live is much more private than camping in state parks. The Honda would be better for traveling on mileage, I'm fairly certain, but maybe not by a lot. Since I may not ever really get back into camping, the temp conversion of my van is probably the route I'll end up doing, if we decide to do it at all.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The older ones, like my 2010 is a bit taller than the newer models, 2011-brand new. Also the very back seats fold down into the floor and the ones behind the driver/passenger seats come out, leaving almost a 4x8ft of floor space for temporarily making into a cargo area one could easily build a bed platform for storage under, (camping stuff maybe even a porta potty), but at least a bucket potty, I already have the special bucket lids for that. On the other hand, some of those short buses come with diesel engines which would out preform gas on the highway, give more space and would be better for camping here in Ohio state parks where I have a free pass for life for up to two weeks at a time. The only reason I seldom used it or don't now is where I live is much more private than camping in state parks. The Honda would be better for traveling on mileage, I'm fairly certain, but maybe not by a lot. Since I may not ever really get back into camping, the temp conversion of my van is probably the route I'll end up doing, if we decide to do it at all.
you might be interested in my post 93 in this thread... Sure beats a "porta-potty" in ease of use & maintenance = http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/rvs-campers-van-bus-conversions.119611/page-3#post-1266062

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Ernest Borgnine Gives Tour of His Bus
ErnestBorgnineBus

Published on Jan 21, 2012
Ernie shows off The Sunbum, all 40-feet of it, from front to back. It's a customized Prevost Bus with every comfort of home, including a marble staircase at the entryway. The banks of lights, gauges and video monitor resemble the captain's deck on Star Trek. Customized in southwest style, The Sunbum has leather couches, a full-sized refrigerator, and a Tiffany-like lamp. The bathroom shower has frosted glass with the initials "T, E, and you know the rest!" Hint: Tova is Ernie's wife.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin on TV Show 2017-23
rollinontv

Published on Nov 3, 2017
On this week’s episode we start looking at some of the new offerings from RV manufacturers for 2018. This year Bob Zagami, from RV Insights, covered the big industry Open House event in Elkhart, Indiana and found some interesting new RVs coming out for 2018.

Today, Bob shows us the new Starcraft GPS travel trailer with a whole lot of new and practical features, including a large front storage area with a full-size walk in door along with an elevated back patio deck. And how about a 100 gallon fresh water tank? And that’s just some of the features on this new model.

Also, Mark and Dawn Polk from RV Education 101 show us how relatively easy it is to install some new roller shades in your RV.

Then, we catch up with Jeff Johnston, who loves camp-fire cooking, and check out some of his favorite old and new camp-fire cooking gadgets.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The best tent trailer I have ever seen! Patriot Campers X1-Grand Tourer : SEMA 2017
mixflip

Published on Nov 18, 2017
This year at SEMA I was lucky enough to catch the owner of Patriot Campers who came all the way from Austrailia to show off his newest product....the X1GT (grand tourer)

Justin says it best...this trailer may not be for you if you like being indoors when camping. This is an outdoor living style camper so its not for everyone.

As for me, I love it. I didn't know how much engineering went into these campers but now that I know that Justin does not compromise at all on is campers...I can see why they are priced at $40,000.

To learn more visit http://www.patriotcampers.com
also http://www.explorationoutfitters.com

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The coolest Jeep at SEMA - AEV concept Jeep "OUTPOST II" : SEMA 2017
mixflip

Published on Nov 16, 2017
I have been stopping by the AEV booth ever since my first trip to SEMA years ago. They make some seriously tough looking parts for Jeeps and Dodge Ram trucks.

I have grown to LOVE the products made by AEV. Their bumpers, their wheels and their hoods are becoming iconic.

This year they showed off their concept Jeep Wrangler called the Outpost II. Its a micro "class C" off-road RV. Its got the small food print of a Jeep Wrangler but all the creature comforts of an RV like a bed, sink, fridge, hot & cold water and maybe even toilet & shower if you are creative enough?

Sadly they wouldn't let me look inside. They said it wasn't ready just yet. So stay tuned for my follow up interview when I see them again at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff Arizona 2018.

They also showed me a bunch of other new products on their 2 other vehicles.

To learn more visit http://www.aev-conversions.com

Enjoy!

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The traveling "poo-poo problem".

Just a "trick" that I used "in a pinch". I travel a lot, by car... station wagon with rear seats removed and an inflatable mattress. Most of the time I park to sleep in a supervised "rest area", or at a 24 hour eatery. But sometimes where there are no "facilities".
- A month ago, I had to poop real bad... Had the car parked in a corner between industrial buildings... so was able to "discreetly" take a metal 5 gallon bucket out of the car, put in double-bagged plastic garbage-bag liner, and "do my business". Then knot the bag and throw it in the trash. But the edges of that metal bucket were cold and hard and "dug in". Basically, it was "efficient and sanitary" - but I took it one step further. I went to the discount store and for less than $10 bought a "soft-seat toilet seat", threw away the "lid" and "screw adapters", and after 10 minutes in my garage with a few screws and metal corner-brackets I'd adapted it so it fit without sliding around on the metal bucket. The advantage of the "soft-seat" is that it isn't "cold".
Problem solved. Just a question of finding a wall to park next to, and open the 2 side doors and position the bucket "out of view" between the two open doors & the wall. No "messes" to deal with, if you get solid leak-proof garbage bags. The empty bucket (well, when not "in use" holds TP & garbage-bag-roll & hand-cleaner & paper towels & dish detergent & a bottle of water), and the bagged flat "adapted soft-seat" take up little room in the car.

Not an "appetizing" topic, but really handy "in a pinch"... especially when compared to that video of the 2002 Econoline with the "sawdust toilet you can't pee in" (post 83 in this thread)... Totally "hygienic". Actually a much "cleaner feeling" than picking up dog-poo with an inside-out trash bag. No "contact". No "smells in the car". And straight to a trash can.
Got some photos... fyi... not "cool" or "fancy", lol... but under $10... no cleaning... just knot the bag and throw in trash...

Potty 1.jpg
Potty 2.jpg
Potty 3.jpg
Potty 4.jpg

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Living the VanLife as Digital Nomads in a VW Westfalia (Utilitarian Vehicle)
Dylan Magaster

Published on Nov 21, 2017
Corey and Emily moved into their Volkswagen Westfalia five years ago and have been living and working on the road full time as they travel
Become a Patron: https://www.patreon.com/dylanmagaster

The most helpful book I've ever bought: https://goo.gl/8YEUSL

Follow Where's My Office Now:
https://www.youtube.com/user/WheresMy...
https://www.instagram.com/wheresmyoff...
http://wheresmyofficenow.com/

Follow me on Social Media
https://www.twitter.com/dylanmagaster
https://www.instagram.com/dylanmagaster

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin On TV Show 2017-24
rollinontv

Published on Nov 23, 2017
On this week’s show, we turn our focus to the Class C motorhome market and in particular, the Gulf Stream Coach, Conquest Class C.

Jeff Johnston spent a few days on the road and camping in a Conquest and gives us his personal take on this popular Class C model.

Then, if you’re thinking about buying a 5th wheel trailer, or just bought one and want to know the correct way to hitch and unhitch your trailer, then stay tuned. Mark Polk from RV Education 101 shows us how easy it is to hitch or unhitch your 5th wheel the proper and safe way.

Also, if your RV refrigerator has been off for a while, you know it takes quite a long time to get that temperature back down to it’s operating level. This week, Jeff Johnston shows us ‘his unique way’ of getting that refer temperature down in about half the time. Check it out!

These stories and more on this week’s episode of Rollin’ On TV.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin On TV Show 2017-25
rollinontv

Published on Dec 10, 2017
On this week's show we wrap up our visit to the 2017 Elkhart Open House with a look at some uniques RVs slated for 2018 introduction. Also, we take a visit to NEXUS RV for an look at the company and it's new changes.
Later we check out the Roadmaster Spare tire holder and Mark & Dawn Polk from Rv Education 101 teach us all bout portable solar panel systems.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin On TV Show 2017-26
rollinontv

Published on Jan 4, 2018
On this week’s show we wrap up another year of programing in what was for us, another fun year. We hope you enjoy watching our shows as much as we enjoy producing them.

We realize that there are many categories and models of RV’s with sizes that range from teardrop trailers to large diesel- pusher motorhomes. It’s our goal to try and bring you a diverse mix of stories on as many of these models as we can.

Of course, we produce 26-new shows each year and with literally hundreds of RV’s on the market we just can’t cover everything and this is where you come in. We love to hear from you with your suggestions and requests on what you would like to see on the show and we will definitely take all your ideas into consideration.

On this week’s show we take a look back at some of the more interesting stories we did in 2017. We hope you enjoy this year in review. As exciting as 2017 was for us, we are looking forward to next year as we will again be adding a few changes to our program to raise the bar even more when it comes to quality RV television programs.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Show 2018 01R
rollinontv

Published on Jan 21, 2018
On this week’s program, we start off by taking another look at RV awnings and accessories at the RV Industry tradeshow. Jeff Johnston talks with Kevin Jastrem from Carefree Of Colorado and learns about some interesting improvements and upgrades to the companies existing product line. Of course we also get a look at some new awnings just hitting the market.

With spring around the corner, this show also covers what’s involved and what you should know if you plan on renting an RV this year.

There are numerous RV rental companies around the country, but, like renting a car, if you don’t know what to look for or what to ask before you rent, you could be in for a surprise. Sherry Fuller, of Fuller RV Sales and Rentals, show us what we should know to ensure a great RV experience.

Later, Jeff Johnston demonstrates a most unique camping tool that will make starting and maintaining your campfire safer and easier. And, we have some new information about this tool that will make a lot of viewers happy. NOTE: THE FIRESTICK IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING MANUFACTURED - WHEN WE HEAR MORE WE'LL COVER IT FOR SURE! Read more about that here - https://rollinontv.com/current-program/ or on our past show website page.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Our Leisure Travel Vans Wonder FTB Review!
The Fit RV

Published on Feb 2, 2018
This video is part of our complete review, which you can find on our website, here: https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/l...

You can also leave comments on our website at that address.

We've always liked the quality and design that goes into a Leisure Travel Vans coach, and their latest model, the Wonder FTB (Front Twin Bed) is no exception. This latest Ford Transit based Class C motorhome provides more space than you would have in a van, but it maintains a smaller, no-slide footprint. Details in the video!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Renovating our JAYCO 1007 POP UP CAMPER Trailer !
Yak Motley

Published on Jan 29, 2018
We bought and renovated a 2007 Jayco 1007 Pop Up camper! We repainted the cabinets, put in laminate flooring, re-fabricated the curtains and also the seat cushions. We were super excited to fix this camper up for the upcoming summer! This camper will allow us to go on the road in comfort while still being adventurous!

We did our own DIY cushion cover and flooring. We chose laminate flooring to replace the old linoleum floors. After a few quick coats of paint we were ready to go! It was not that hard to fix and flip this camper into a very comfortable home on wheels!

This was our first stab at tiny house living!

- Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram @YakMotley
Twitter: JackMotleyLive

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
2018 Early Bird RV Show & Sale Tradex Abbotford, B.C.
Canadian Treasure Hunter

Published on Feb 18, 2018
2018 Early Bird RV Show & Sale Tradex Abbotford, B.C. Another great RV show & Sale. I walk around with my Go Pro 5 Session and show the inside and outside of some new 2018 RV's. Many nice sold RV's this year. Thanks for watching & Please Subscribe + Share

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin On TV 2018-02
rollinontv

Published on Feb 2, 2018
On this week’s show we start off by taking a look at the new Terry Classic, retro-model travel trailer from Heartland RV. The Terry Classic joins a list of other newly released retro trailers from numerous manufacturers over the past couple of years, but this beauty is distinctive enough that it will definitely stand out from the others.

Also , Bob Zagami spends a little time with Gary Conley from Lance Camper and learns all about Lance’s new 1475 and 1575 model travel trailers. Both units have had some significant updates both visually and component wise.

Next we go from small travel trailers to a Class A motorhome as we take a close look at the new 2018 Jayco Alante. This popular Class A has been a top seller since it was introduced a few years ago and for 2018 has received a few interesting upgrades.

Then later, we join Jeff Johnston and his wife Pam as they take a weekend camping trip in a new Winnebago Travato Motorhome.

These stories and more on this weeks episode of Rollin’ On TV.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
6 THINGS you MUST CHECK before you buy a POP UP CAMPER!
Yak Motley

Published on Feb 20, 2018
Here are the 6 things you need to CHECK before buying a used POP UP Camper! I hope inspecting these things will help save you from a future headache or disappointment on you next trailer!

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram @yakmotley!

My Camera- http://amzn.to/2EDoc8x

My Apparel - goo.gl/QorTzW

Links are affiliate and help the channel!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Walk Through 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RBQ Travel Trailer RV Camping
Colonial Airstream

Published on Feb 23, 2018
The all new 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RBQ is a beautiful open and airy floor plan with a great amount of storage and a lovely view of your camping side of the RV lot. This trailer and many like it are available on www.colonialairstream.com and you can call us at 1-800-265-9019 for a great price.

Thank you,
Colonial Patrick

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Rollin On TV Show 2018-06
rollinontv

Published on Mar 12, 2018
On this week’s show Rick Kessler from RVBusiness Magazine has a one-on-one chat with Don Clark, CEO of Grand Design RV, about the company and the off-the-charts awards their entire product line has garnered this year. Rick also gets a good look at the company’s all new Transcend model trailer.

With Spring around the corner it’s not to soon to be looking at some RV destinations to visit this year. Jeff Johnston takes us to one of the most popular locations that should be on your itinerary of places to visit in 2018, the Michigan Upper Peninsula.

Later in the show Mark and Dawn Polk from RV Education 101 show us all about RV generators, how they work and how you should maintain them to save costly repairs down the road.

These stories and more on this week’s episode of Rollin’ On TV. Read the whole story here - https://rollinontv.com/past-shows/

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The 2018 Winnebago Horizon
Winnebago

Published on Mar 28, 2018
Welcome to a front to back, top to bottom tour of the RV of the Year award winner. The new Winnebago Horizon completely re-invents modern motorhome design.

Read a detailed review of the Horizon here: https://winnebagolife.com/2018/03/the...

Thanks for watching! We're always interested in feedback from our customers and RV-enthusiasts. Share your comments below, and please subscribe to our Winnebago channel.

Want to see even more? Check out www.WinnebagoIND.com for RV and motorhome photos, floorplans, feature lists, specifications, dealers, and more.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The Most Technologically Advanced Class B Camper Van ~ 2018 Hymer Aktive
Tiny Home Tours

Published on Apr 1, 2018
It appears as though #Vanlife has really become mainstream and manufacturers are listening. I loved how Hymer implemented all of the latest tech into this awesome little class B.

Help Us Provide Content ~ https://www.patreon.com/tinyhometours
Need Something On Amazon? Shop With This Link - http://amzn.to/1R7HfqE

Check Out Our New Fulltime RV Channel~ https://goo.gl/7EfmMF

Subscribe For More Travel Videos! http://goo.gl/emhm4a

Like Our Facebook Page! https://goo.gl/GQvcvK

Check Out Our Facebook Group! https://goo.gl/NrkA1R

Add Us On Instragram! https://goo.gl/5Eq5yH

Check Out Our New Website! https://tinyhome.guide

Music from Epidemic Sound: https://goo.gl/07pc4t

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
There you go, Searcher, with that Hymer "Americanized" mini-camper. Very similar to what I've been driving now for a month Europe-wise.
Same pull-out toilet-tank. 30 gallon water tank, 30 gallon grey-water tank (with only a lever to pull to dump it in a storm drain). Same Truma hot air & water heater, runs off the diesel tank.

Mine's not so "hi-tek" - I don't have a rear AC, or a TV, or a microwave. My fridge is twice as big though, 25 gallon with little freezer compartment. Solar panel & two rear batteries. Didn't run the fridge or the 2 gas burners this trip (2 weeks, 2,000km, town to town along the Spanish Costa Brava (Barcelona), then the French Med Coast to Arles (for a 2 day 6-site visit, used the town 5-Euro/day Camper lot with water/dumping facilities), then small towns in upper Provence Alps.

In the mornings, after using the heater & led lighting & 2 phones charging & plug-in 300 watt inverter to charge camera battery all night, the reading on the charge of the rear batteries was still 98%... When I'll use the fridge (this time of year didn't need it), it runs on both the batteries and switches to the propane tanks when batteries get low. All windows have screens & blinds. Bought the "Japanese fan"-style "Remi" built-in folding screens for the windshield & driver/passenger door windows.

But I get over twice the gas mileage with the 2.2 Multijet Diesel 130hp Fiat motor, 6 speed manual. Getting well over 30mpg (including the heater running at night).
Mine's got double bunk-beds in the rear, crosswise. "His & Hers", so no climbing over each other to go to the john etc. Bottom bunk is 2m (6'), but the top bunk is shorter (cabin narrower at top), so I have to sleep diagonally up there. They planned on kids up top. Thinner mattress, have to get some extra foam.

I got the 6m long chassis, about 19 feet. Takes up 1 1/2 European "parallel parking" spaces, which is a pain in cities. So look for free lots with "slot" parking. (Supermarkets, train stations, schools.) Stored the scooter-carrier in the garage for this trip.)
I'll have to upload the pics...
And the price was under 50k Euros.

Oh, got the front fog lights. But no rear-view-camera. I'm ordering the 7" Garmin Camper GPS with the rear-view-bluetooth camera that wires into the rear lights. That GPS gives you all camping facilities, and you can enter your vehicle's dimensions to avoid low bridges, overweight roads & bridges, narrow roads & bridges...

And there's an outfit that reprograms the 'puter to go from 130 to 180 hp... with better gas mileage, for 500 euros... Nice for hills and highways.

small - 20180325_142541.jpg
small - 20180325_142608.jpg
small - 20180325_142624.jpg
small - 20180327_222959.jpg
small - 20180327_223034.jpg
small - 20180327_223114.jpg
small - 20180327_223128.jpg
small - 20180327_223245.jpg
small - 20180327_223353.jpg
small - 20180327_223442.jpg
small - 20180327_223504.jpg
small - 20180327_223513.jpg