• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Sarasota Fl coin show Feb 22,23,24th

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Coin Show & Sale
This has always been a good show. I will be going Saturday if anyone wants to do coffee.

Where: Sarasota Municipal Auditorium
801 N. Tamiami Trail (U.S. 41)
When: February 22-24, 2013
Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 10am-3pm
What: Dealers from across America will offer an outstanding variety of Coins, Old Paper Money & Memorabilia for show and sale.
Educational: Coins help tell the history of a Nation. School groups are welcome for class projects.
Admission: Free admission throughout the 3 day run of the show. Free parking is available in several lots adjacent to the Auditorium.
Benefit: A portion of the proceeds to benefit The Sarasota and Manatee Coin Clubs, (both Florida not for profit organizations).
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
801 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34236
941-954-4165
www.auditorium.sarasotagov.com

Solo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Thanks for the info SF. I may be there Friday as I know it would be a worth the 2 hour drive, however family plans may prevent me from attending. Hopefully the inlaws can help with the baby as I would hate to hit the show with a stroller :p...

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for the info SF. I may be there Friday as I know it would be a worth the 2 hour drive, however family plans may prevent me from attending. Hopefully the inlaws can help with the baby as I would hate to hit the show with a stroller :p...
If you go leave the dyson vacum at home so i can have a taste of something.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Wish I could go. Look forward to your reports.

Solo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Did ya leave me anything CPT??????????
I was feeling generous so I purposely passed on the huge lot of nudie art bars at melt ;):p:cool:.

All kidding aside I was unable to go to the show today. I have some family stuff going on this weekend combined with the sudden realization my dog of 13 years has just a few days left :(. She's a lab mix of some sort and she went from having a funny limp yesterday morning at 7am to not being able to support her weight with her rear legs by noon (herniated disc - Hansen Type 2). Long story short I'm a mess right now and even though I have a million chores and responsibilities to take care of tomorrow I will probably just drink and pet my dog all day. Surgery is an option, but it costs $3000+ and there's no guarantee that it will work so realistically prednisone is her only hope and it's not a very good one.

:(

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I was feeling generous so I purposely passed on the huge lot of nudie art bars at melt ;):p:cool:.

All kidding aside I was unable to go to the show today. I have some family stuff going on this weekend combined with the sudden realization my dog of 13 years has just a few days left :(. She's a lab mix of some sort and she went from having a funny limp yesterday morning at 7am to not being able to support her weight with her rear legs by noon (herniated disc - Hansen Type 2). Long story short I'm a mess right now and even though I have a million chores and responsibilities to take care of tomorrow I will probably just drink and pet my dog all day. Surgery is an option, but it costs $3000+ and there's no guarantee that it will work so realistically prednisone is her only hope and it's not a very good one.

Sorry to hear of your situation, been there and done that, I will keep you in my prayers in your time of trouble.

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

So sorry to hear about your pup. Very sad to see them hurting. Spending time will be a nice gift to her. Have you looked into acupuncture for her, I have a vet here that has done some amazing things for animals with many issues.

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
shows should be interesting given the recent plunge in metal prices. Wonder if dealers will show up to deal or if they'll just hawk overpriced goods.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Show was pretty packed, cheapest silver was 30.00 per ounce, sae's were at least 3.00 over melt, saw maybe 5 100 ounce bars, the only tens i saw were some ntr bars and they wanted 297 each for them. 1/10th gaes were starting at 170 each, not many one ounce gold eagles, one ounce gold started at 1660 and went much higher, not much gold bullion around. Silver one ounce wise there were less than 1000 ounces at show, I did get some nice art bars and will post pics on the 70s art bar thread later today. All the dealers I spoke with said very little 999 and 90 % coming in and buying was very brisk.

Forgot to mention hockey pucks still in short supply, say no Hawaii or Denalli ones, I would hazard a guess less than a dozen in the whole show.

Last edited:

b_cahill

Seeker
Seeker
!

Your posts are one of the reasons that I keep coming back to this site. I really respect your opinion! My dog just hit the 13-year mark a couple of months ago. We took him in to get two growths removed a few weeks ago. We did not want to find out whether or not the tumors were malignant because it would have been expensive, and painful for him if they were malignant and we took the cancer treatment route. He is showing signs of becoming incontinent and his legs are getting very weak, but we are trying to work around it. When he goes my wife and I will be devastated, but nowhere near as devastated as our 6 year-old son. I am dreading the day that he goes, but we are trying to prepare our son. It is not easy. He is as much a part of our family as anyone. My thoughts are with you!