• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Schiff Tells Trump to Stop Interrupting Public Hearings As He Releases Second Transcript

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
'Check'...

Schiff Tells Trump to Stop Interrupting Public Hearings As He Releases Second Transcript

Cortney O'Brien

|
@obrienc2
|
Posted: Nov 15, 2019 10:15 AM

Source: Jim Lo Scalzo/Pool Photo via AP

Just as soon as House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff gaveled in the second day of public hearings into the impeachment inquiry against President Trump, Trump released the transcript of his first phone call with Ukrainian President Zelensky.

The chairman was frustrated, to say the least, by the president's timing.

"We would ask the president to stop obstructing the impeachment inquiry," Schiff said.

"First of all, I'm grateful the president has released the call record," he continued. "I would now ask the president to release the thousands of other records he has instructed the State Department not to release."

That includes Ambassador Bill Taylor's notes, George Kent's memo, etc. Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) retorted that he's still waiting for Schiff to release all those deposition transcriptions.

Unlike Schiff, ranking member Devin Nunes (R-CA) welcomed Trump's new document and took the opportunity to read a few excerpts.

The second transcript helps upend some recycled Democratic narratives. In that first conversation with Zelensky, Trump invited the new president to visit the White House, proving that he was not trying to dangle a meeting as leverage to get Zelensky to investigate its 2016 election meddling. Secondly, nowhere in that transcript will you find reference to the Bidens.

This tidbit won't help the Democrats' case either.

Zach Parkinson

@AZachParkinson

· Nov 15, 2019

Read the transcript of President Trump's first call with President Zelensky.

No mention of a quid pro quo, no discussion of withholding aid

Zach Parkinson

@AZachParkinson

Here's a key detail:

In her deposition, Yovanovitch and Schiff speculated that President Trump and President Zelensky had discussed her on this call and "bash[ed]" her

But as the transcript shows, Yovanovitch was not discussed

7:28 AM - Nov 15, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

356 people are talking about this

As expected, Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) again asked Schiff if he planned to use his closed door tactics and prevent the witness from answering some of the Republicans' inquiries. She got her answer after Schiff told her that she and Rep. Jordan were "not recognized."

Bronson Stocking
"We now know you plan to interrupt us throughout this hearing," Stefanik concluded.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I wouldn't "schiff" down his throat, if he was the only toilet in town !
I really want to see him get his "Comeuppance".

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I'm still trying to figure out why this circus is being allowed to continue. It's fucked up!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'm still trying to figure out why this circus is being allowed to continue. It's fucked up!
I heard, somewhere, that Trump is not fighting because it will bring out some real shit during questioning.
Yes, schitt will object, but to no avail. Hopefully.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If and when it gets to the Senate and then it isn't even up for a hearing, the Dems will claim victim.
FUCK them and their muzzie camel they rode in on ! :totally steamed::blew up::blew up::blew up:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Gen x"ers are slackers. The generation behind them are very conservative. Could it be a Trump Jr. for 8 years? Or a uncivil war?

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If and when it gets to the Senate Trump is gonna rock their world...Ukraine is at the center of all of the corruption...and Trump has all the info...and then it isn't even up for a hearing, the Dems will claim victim.
FIFY

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Gen x"ers are slackers. The generation behind them are very conservative. Could it be a Trump Jr. for 8 years? Or a uncivil war?
Nice hat...

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wow! Great thread guys! Excuse me while I go take a Schiff...I'll be right back.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame