• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Sending Some for Refining: Au, Ag, Pt and Pd

Over the years I always kept the white gold separate and didn’t really value as much as the yellow stuff—It was “diluted(alloyed)”with palladium in my mind and that stuff was worth less. Turns out this white stuff can be as high as 75% pd. I have some I know is 50%Au and 38% Pd (with indium and others.)

The refiner buys the four. Bigger company and they come recommended. The salesperson was of course happy to help, so I’ve no doubt they’ll get their cut.

286 grams. I estimate 30% is porcelain and cement. I’m eager to see what they pay for it (after assay).

Attachments

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Make sure you follow up post with results.
Always interested in how companies treat scrap sellers.
Didn't know that about white gold.
Wife has couple pieces 14K white.
Maybe the "other half" is worth more than the yellow part?

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Man, it pays to be a camp guard.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
"Trump supporter eh? Open your mouth for a second, please, tongue out."

CATS: All your PM teeth are belong to us.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Do you work in a funeral home? Or as a grave digger?

Heh, heh. I joked to a mortuary owner about gold teeth never making it to the ground. It was denied and I was only joking, but next time they came in, they were wearing a giant nugget pendant. Like five ounces. I remembered the previous conversation and laughed, but not with humor. They never came back. I’m wiser now. At the time spot was over a thousand and they said they got 60k refining the bricks of the crematorium when they had to replace them. They said cost to replace bricks was 50k‍

This white gold is specifically for adhering porcelain to. I believe jewelry white is alloyed with less noble metal.
Lab cost for a gold crown(75%) has tripled in twenty years, but thankfully, all-porcelain strength and fit has gotten way better (through technology.)

That plate is 20+ yrs’ accumulation. The little pile in the foreground (minus Pt ring) was made learning to “fix” teeth. The rest was given or purchased. Most people want their gold back when it’s explained what it is (Throw it in the broken jewelry bag.”) Those that didn’t were given a discount. Lots get a mini education on money, but most already know because they come TO me for honest work.