• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Shall we bake the $20 cake for silver???????????

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
I'm not selling until at least after the reset, so the daily price jitters don't really matter too much to me, other than a chance to top off my stack.

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm not selling until at least after the reset, so the daily price jitters don't really matter too much to me, other than a chance to top off my stack.

Daily jitters display the applied control of the metals market, through paper, this we know.
None the less "A pattern is as a pattern does Forrest" larger and readily predictable it has become.
If we had million$ to trade metals, third week Tuesdays would be buy Buy BUY !

The physical metals retail market is currently in the dumpster, matching subprime auto loan default, higher than 2007-08.
At local LCS, people have dumped collections of gold and silver, which sit there.
Well... some did sink in a boating accident.

$20 Silver... what is $20 ?
Retail silver < $20 is like buying Halloween candy people despise, those big peanut shaped, soft nasty ones.
Subconscious despair is all I see in others eyes, glossed over with denial.
What's coming will be unpleasant.
Except for US !
KEEP STACKIN' !!

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Daily jitters display the applied control of the metals market, through paper, this we know.
None the less "A pattern is as a pattern does Forrest" larger and readily predictable it has become.
If we had million$ to trade metals, third week Tuesdays would be buy Buy BUY !

The physical metals retail market is currently in the dumpster, matching subprime auto loan default, higher than 2007-08.
At local LCS, people have dumped collections of gold and silver, which sit there.
Well... some did sink in a boating accident.

$20 Silver... what is $20 ?
Retail silver < $20 is like buying Halloween candy people despise, those big peanut shaped, soft nasty ones.
Subconscious despair is all I see in others eyes, glossed over with denial.
What's coming will be unpleasant.
Except for US !
KEEP STACKIN' !!
That's the difference between a trader and an investor. Yes the daily jitters would be super meaningful as a trade. As an investor, I look for undervalued assets and scoop them up. Hold until they are no longer undervalued then move to another undervalued asset. In this case real money happens to be undervalued...it's the early 1900's equivalent of selling everything you have and getting into cash. Since cash is now fiat, putting everything into metal is basically saying everything is overpriced.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
$19+ USD dollars. Getting close. Better start mixing that cake batter.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The last time this thread reared it's ugly head silver was headed below $15. This thread has been accused of bringing bad karma and being a party pooper in the past

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The last time this thread reared it's ugly head silver was headed below $15. This thread has been accused of bringing bad karma and being a party pooper in the past

Yeah, but,
At some point, even the 7 years of bad luck, for breaking a mirror, ends

:beer:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

That's why the SEC requires funds to tell investors that a fund's past performance does not necessarily predict future results......

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the bad karma was brought about by people posting photos of certain extra-atmospheric transportation mechanisms of exceeding velocity?

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the bad karma was brought about by people posting photos of certain extra-atmospheric transportation mechanisms of exceeding velocity?
The "to da moon" mentality usually leads to unhappy outcomes. If you're looking for flaming rockets, you'll probably be disappointed.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The "to da moon" mentality usually leads to unhappy outcomes. If you're looking for flaming rockets, you'll probably be disappointed.
Yet this time, this time it might be different....it might be!

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

IF I were to purchase such a barbaric relic, I would be happy to simply have some wealth stored against economic downturn.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
PM's trying to find their right price with current mechanisms massive headwinds yet again. I do wonder if the CB Goob allegiance have any more rabbits in their magic hat of things? Or, will the barbaric relics go up in unison, because many CB's are buying up Ag again in the 100 of Tonnes. I ain't saying anything. Lest the dog is cursed and returns to the abyss once more.

SH

Last edited:

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Well that sexy little sister is chugging right along tonight. We have crossed $19.50. Do I smell something baking?...

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
This "bake the $20 cake" thread was started Jun 15, 2014. Over 5 years ago. This cake is a very very slow recipe indeed. We have vintage wines and ports on the shelves since that time. A slow cooked joint of pork only takes 12 hrs max.

SH

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
This "bake the $20 cake" thread was started Jun 15, 2014. Over 5 years ago. This cake is a very very slow recipe indeed. We have vintage wines and ports on the shelves since that time. A slow cooked joint of pork only takes 12 hrs max
Just fyi, it didn't take five years. Silver broke $20 within a week of this threads start date.
...and fell back and broke it again in mid '16, so if it hits $20,, it'll be for the third time inn those five years. In that respect, silver hasn't really gone anywhere in five years.

ag3650nyb.gif

Everyone reading this should go to page 1 and start reading again.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Just fyi, it didn't take five years. Silver broke $20 within a week of this threads start date.
...and fell back and broke it again in mid '16, so if it hits $20,, it'll be for the third time inn those five years. In that respect, silver hasn't really gone anywhere in five years.

View attachment 140149

Everyone reading this should go to page 1 and start reading again.

Moot point Joe, and thanks for the chart. from this I can see Ag hasn't gone anywhere in the past decade. Save the temp $49 benchmark. Alas, no point baking a cake, just to learn it will be worth a lot less in years to come. Cakes are in reference to celebrations and a good feel factor. Thus there is nothing in your testimony which purvey baking the cake at $20 was nothing more but an anti climax of the dog.

SH

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that everyone here knows the old adage about how to make a million dollars in silver, right?

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
"How do you become a millionaire? Well, first you get a million dollars..."
I have that record. I should play it again, it is probably still funny. The Gallagher record? Probably not.

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
Little lag overseas tonight, down $.19. We'll see if we get a surge tomorrow again. What I like that is going on is when the market gets crappy now the PM's go up. It wasn't acting that way for awhile. Now it seems normal. Fear is out there and driving the costs of metals up. There might be a market rally for a little bit but I think the Au and Ag hedge will kick in big time within the next year because of all the dipshits running for office on both sides.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I agree FTP,

Dealing with a red headed little sister with ADHD anything is possible. The secret in dealing with this personality type, is to manifest resolve and patience. The DMA Ag Au ratio is down only 40:1 to date. Previously when Au declined, Ag fell 100:1 at times. a 60% improvement during these current bull markets in PM's. The next big move could exceed a $100 = 200 ounce Ag.

Here is a 100 year inflationary adjusted Ag price. As we see, its performance as a yielding asset has been diabolically pitfall at the best.

View attachment 140246

And Gold earning 400% more over the same period.

View attachment 140246View attachment 140247View attachment 140246View attachment 140247View attachment 140246View attachment 140247

And the economic darling of them all. Housing price indexes fixed to the CPI

PM's look like they are just getting started. We as a debt based world are looking hyperinflation square in the face. Transparent or not. Hidden inflation appears the theme of today's climate. Some big money is entering into the Gold markets. Countries like 'Browns bottom" want to buy it back at an inflationary price they sold it for. Yet for today, there is far too much liability which has been issued, that cannot absorb the current negligence of fiscal mismanagement.

The only thing I foresee happening is yet another rabbit of economic miracle being pulled from the goob/bankster magic hat. But one day like all illusions, a people will wake up to its fraud.

SH

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree FTP,

Dealing with a red headed little sister with ADHD anything is possible. The secret in dealing with this personality type, is to manifest resolve and patience. The DMA Ag Au ratio is down only 40:1 to date. Previously when Au declined, Ag fell 100:1 at times. a 60% improvement during these current bull markets in PM's. The next big move could exceed a $100 = 200 ounce Ag.

Here is a 100 year inflationary adjusted Ag price. As we see, its performance as a yielding asset has been diabolically pitfall at the best.

View attachment 140246

And Gold earning 400% more over the same period.

View attachment 140246View attachment 140247View attachment 140246View attachment 140247View attachment 140246View attachment 140247

And the economic darling of them all. Housing price indexes fixed to the CPI

PM's look like they are just getting started. We as a debt based world are looking hyperinflation square in the face. Transparent or not. Hidden inflation appears the theme of today's climate. Some big money is entering into the Gold markets. Countries like 'Browns bottom" want to buy it back at an inflationary price they sold it for. Yet for today, there is far too much liability which has been issued, that cannot absorb the current negligence of fiscal mismanagement.

The only thing I foresee happening is yet another rabbit of economic miracle being pulled from the goob/bankster magic hat. But one day like all illusions, a people will wake up to its fraud.

SH
Might be a good article if the attachment links worked.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
The cake is stale!

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Sorry about there hitherto arrangements in attachments. I worked a very long day yesterday and tried to attach multiple files. Not tech savvy as it goes. I really though after 3 attempts I have deleted the post until I got up a few hours later. must dash to pay the taxes again. Will maybe have a look at it when I get home tonight.

Apologies GiM2 gang.

SH.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
It looks like the spot prices are back down to where TPTB want them to be for now. It tanked in the morning and it's been right around here all day long

1567712146378.png

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Epic beat down if I ever saw one..........:lashing:

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I'm not ready for such a high price yet. The major ATB distributors are not getting very many sales at these prices either. Keep it real until I retire and don't have the coin to spend and then let it run wild...

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I bought the last ATB's presale and before I got them, the buy back price was more than I paid. Now it's even higher still, after the beat down.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'm not ready for such a high price yet. The major ATB distributors are not getting very many sales at these prices either. Keep it real until I retire and don't have the coin to spend and then let it run wild...
The ATB market has been cricket quiet for sure. This recent bump changed nothing.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The ATB market has been cricket quiet for sure. This recent bump changed nothing.

I am going to just pay the smallest premium I can on a few rolls of each. Brother decided to do the same. The prices only went up because spot went up. The presale price is generally lower for what you can get them for later so that's my justification. Hindsight says go all in on Amazon stock every month 10 years ago. Higher gains than silver from Microsoft, eBay, Netflix, Monster Drinks and many more.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I am going to just pay the smallest premium I can on a few rolls of each. Brother decided to do the same. The prices only went up because spot went up. The presale price is generally lower for what you can get them for later so that's my justification. Hindsight says go all in on Amazon stock every month 10 years ago. Higher gains than silver from Microsoft, eBay, Netflix, Monster Drinks and many more.
If you're stacking silver as an investment you expect gains from, you're doing it wrong.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If you're stacking silver as an investment you expect gains from, you're doing it wrong.
I don't disagree with this statement. Still, when you are stacking as a true believer there is nothing wrong with selling to a new believer as prices rise and life's expenses come your way.