• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Shall we bake the $20 cake for silver???????????

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sorry to read your pessimism AG,

In the short term, however, your poetic parables have been spot on,

In the long term tho, a rich people will be the ones with liquid assets like PM's

With a true heart, I believe this true.

SH

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Are we falling into the same "dollar" trap as everyone else? Are we playing their game instead of ours? We know the stock market is propped up & fake. We know the dollar is devalued and fake.
Maybe we should spend less time on the value of gold & silver & more time on the demise of the dollar. "When the dollar dies" is more important than the value of gold and silver based in dollars.
Think Weimar Republic, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Ruble etc...... But if the dollar dies the world stops & it won't really matter the value of anything because most will be dead or fighting for survival.
At least those that got in and out of cyrpto currencies put some profit in their pockets. We have been on the slow train to no where for a long time now.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
There will be war with NK soon, that will notch the prices up, and if Russia and China get involved, .........................................TO DA MOON

It's a crazy world.

SH
I recently read that China is moving 300K troops to the area around their border with NK. I highly doubt that they are doing it because they want to invade NK. They are more likely doing it as a message to the US. "Don't even THINK about hitting NK, Yankee".

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I recently read that China is moving 300K troops to the area around their border with NK. I highly doubt that they are doing it because they want to invade NK. They are more likely doing it as a message to the US. "Don't even THINK about hitting NK, Yankee".

It's either a deterrent aimed at the USA or a deterrent to try and prevent the millions of refugees that will attempt to cross the border if USA declares war on the NK people.

SH

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Until the economy truly crashes and mining comes to a near-halt, silver will be still pulled out of the ground as a by-product where its worth is what it costs to deliver to a refinery and then refined... all thanks to streamers like Silver Wheaton.

What, you think there is going to be a Gold and/or Silver physical shortage when the slag is pulled up out of the ground as a by-product of other metal mining?

Seriously?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey Silver Buck. Long time no see.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It has been more than a few days, hasn't it newmisty!

Much has been going on in life, but I feel guilty for not being around here. No promises how much I will be hanging out, but with changes in the very near future I just may be getting comfortable again.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I just got back here myself a couple weeks ago.

Best regards SB

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Tuesday is tomorrow.
$20 Tuesday, certainly not.
Even after futures closure last week...
I am suspicious .
Suspicious that we may see the AM to Noon Tuesday silver bashing again.
The duration of time without such, means the strategy revolver has come full circle.
Bang Bang Bang, 1 in the head, 2 in the chest.
Everyone has been lulled into the submissive position, even here @ GIM2.
Sumpin' is doing, and I see the water pulling away from the shoreline.

LOOK !! Free Crabs !!! (actually all in deep water here, winter time)
Irons high ground run ! Get back to the... oh wait.
He's freshwater.

Sh^% is just to quiet, to locked and loaded, behind all the tinsel MSM noise.
Hope it does not go Boom! until after my garden is in.

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Oh Tuesday is tomorrow boyeeeze !
Thinkin' it may be a smash and grab kinda day.
Nice little early AM ticklin' of $16.10 spike down.
So.. tomorrow between 6AM and Noon whaddaya seeing ?
I'd laugh like The Joker if we see $15 dollar mark, all the way to the LCS.

USD is Meth'n it, treasuries getting thrown like condoms(used), housing 4 month run of losses not seen since 2013, and Au & Ag opposite of oil's up.
We seeing the final smackdown?
Gotta convince everbody gold and silver are, Jim Carrey "Ahh LOOOSERS !".
SssOK, cheaper for losers, happy losers, losers with secure assets, and gonna buy, when everything is for sale.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Hey guys ! ......is the Silver Bull coming back or what ???

I've seen a few other olde tymee types online and can only wonder if we're having a "let's get the band back together!" nostalgia moment!

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Silver to $100 Jason Hommel style........to Da M00N -

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Silver will make up for severe suppression since 2011 with a major rally - someday. Until then, be more patient than the cat below.

impatient cat.gif

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
when you treat metals as a store of wealth and not an investment price drops only represent another buying opportunity. If you're all in on metals you're not doing it right

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Pump and dump, is in full form.
Next week expirations, end of month expirations, sell in May and go away expirations.
Dollar up, oil up, stawwks up, housing up, jobs up, and metals are hinting up.
Where are the metals position, viewing traditional & seasonal averages.
But but BUTT, this time it'll be diff !

So ready to witness difference, and highly doubt such shall be.
Amount of tourists hitting my area is massive, early, and like 2007... minus the lower income visitors in 10+ yr old cars.
So sit back, relax, and watch the water slowly drawback from the shoreline, exposing never seen, then run to high ground.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
I'm not selling until at least after the reset, so the daily price jitters don't really matter too much to me, other than a chance to top off my stack.

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
I'm not selling until at least after the reset, so the daily price jitters don't really matter too much to me, other than a chance to top off my stack.
Daily jitters display the applied control of the metals market, through paper, this we know.
None the less "A pattern is as a pattern does Forrest" larger and readily predictable it has become.
If we had million$ to trade metals, third week Tuesdays would be buy Buy BUY !

The physical metals retail market is currently in the dumpster, matching subprime auto loan default, higher than 2007-08.
At local LCS, people have dumped collections of gold and silver, which sit there.
Well... some did sink in a boating accident.

$20 Silver... what is $20 ?
Retail silver < $20 is like buying Halloween candy people despise, those big peanut shaped, soft nasty ones.
Subconscious despair is all I see in others eyes, glossed over with denial.
What's coming will be unpleasant.
Except for US !
KEEP STACKIN' !!

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Daily jitters display the applied control of the metals market, through paper, this we know.
None the less "A pattern is as a pattern does Forrest" larger and readily predictable it has become.
If we had million$ to trade metals, third week Tuesdays would be buy Buy BUY !

The physical metals retail market is currently in the dumpster, matching subprime auto loan default, higher than 2007-08.
At local LCS, people have dumped collections of gold and silver, which sit there.
Well... some did sink in a boating accident.

$20 Silver... what is $20 ?
Retail silver < $20 is like buying Halloween candy people despise, those big peanut shaped, soft nasty ones.
Subconscious despair is all I see in others eyes, glossed over with denial.
What's coming will be unpleasant.
Except for US !
KEEP STACKIN' !!
That's the difference between a trader and an investor. Yes the daily jitters would be super meaningful as a trade. As an investor, I look for undervalued assets and scoop them up. Hold until they are no longer undervalued then move to another undervalued asset. In this case real money happens to be undervalued...it's the early 1900's equivalent of selling everything you have and getting into cash. Since cash is now fiat, putting everything into metal is basically saying everything is overpriced.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
$19+ USD dollars. Getting close. Better start mixing that cake batter.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The last time this thread reared it's ugly head silver was headed below $15. This thread has been accused of bringing bad karma and being a party pooper in the past

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The last time this thread reared it's ugly head silver was headed below $15. This thread has been accused of bringing bad karma and being a party pooper in the past

Yeah, but,
At some point, even the 7 years of bad luck, for breaking a mirror, ends

:beer:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

That's why the SEC requires funds to tell investors that a fund's past performance does not necessarily predict future results......

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I thought the bad karma was brought about by people posting photos of certain extra-atmospheric transportation mechanisms of exceeding velocity?
The "to da moon" mentality usually leads to unhappy outcomes. If you're looking for flaming rockets, you'll probably be disappointed.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
PM's trying to find their right price with current mechanisms massive headwinds yet again. I do wonder if the CB Goob allegiance have any more rabbits in their magic hat of things? Or, will the barbaric relics go up in unison, because many CB's are buying up Ag again in the 100 of Tonnes. I ain't saying anything. Lest the dog is cursed and returns to the abyss once more.

SH

Last edited:

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well that sexy little sister is chugging right along tonight. We have crossed $19.50. Do I smell something baking?...

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This "bake the $20 cake" thread was started Jun 15, 2014. Over 5 years ago. This cake is a very very slow recipe indeed. We have vintage wines and ports on the shelves since that time. A slow cooked joint of pork only takes 12 hrs max.

SH

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This "bake the $20 cake" thread was started Jun 15, 2014. Over 5 years ago. This cake is a very very slow recipe indeed. We have vintage wines and ports on the shelves since that time. A slow cooked joint of pork only takes 12 hrs max
Just fyi, it didn't take five years. Silver broke $20 within a week of this threads start date.
...and fell back and broke it again in mid '16, so if it hits $20,, it'll be for the third time inn those five years. In that respect, silver hasn't really gone anywhere in five years.

ag3650nyb.gif

Everyone reading this should go to page 1 and start reading again.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Just fyi, it didn't take five years. Silver broke $20 within a week of this threads start date.
...and fell back and broke it again in mid '16, so if it hits $20,, it'll be for the third time inn those five years. In that respect, silver hasn't really gone anywhere in five years.

View attachment 140149

Everyone reading this should go to page 1 and start reading again.
Moot point Joe, and thanks for the chart. from this I can see Ag hasn't gone anywhere in the past decade. Save the temp $49 benchmark. Alas, no point baking a cake, just to learn it will be worth a lot less in years to come. Cakes are in reference to celebrations and a good feel factor. Thus there is nothing in your testimony which purvey baking the cake at $20 was nothing more but an anti climax of the dog.

SH

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I think it's safe to say that everyone here knows the old adage about how to make a million dollars in silver, right?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
"How do you become a millionaire? Well, first you get a million dollars..."
I have that record. I should play it again, it is probably still funny. The Gallagher record? Probably not.

Little lag overseas tonight, down $.19. We'll see if we get a surge tomorrow again. What I like that is going on is when the market gets crappy now the PM's go up. It wasn't acting that way for awhile. Now it seems normal. Fear is out there and driving the costs of metals up. There might be a market rally for a little bit but I think the Au and Ag hedge will kick in big time within the next year because of all the dipshits running for office on both sides.