• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Shocking New Study Shows Half of Cancer Patients are Killed by Chemotherapy, Not Cancer

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Shocking New Study Shows Half of Cancer Patients are Killed by Chemotherapy, Not Cancer
January 11, 2018 vinita 0 Comments

No matter how much doctors push the treatment, chemotherapy might not be the best option in the fight against cancer, as a new study shows up to 50 percent of patients are killed by the drugs — not the disease, itself.

Researchers from Public Health England and Cancer Research UK performed a groundbreaking studyexamining for the first time the numbers of cancer patients who died within 30 days of beginning chemotherapy — indicating the treatment, not the cancer, was the cause of death.

Looking at those death rates in hospitals across the U.K., researchers found an alarming mortality rate associated with chemotherapy.

Across “England around 8.4 per cent of patients with lung cancer, and 2.4 per cent of breast cancer patients died within a month,” the Telegraph reported.

“But in some hospitals the figure was far higher. In Milton Keynes the death rate for lung cancer treatment was 50.9 per cent, although it was based on a very small number of patients.”

Alarmingly, the one-month mortality rate at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals for those undergoing palliative, rather than curative, chemotherapy for lung cancer was a full 28 percent. One in five breast cancer patients receiving palliative care at Cambridge University Hospitals died from treatment.

In certain areas — Blackpool, Coventry, Derby, South Tyneside, and Surrey and Sussex — deaths of lung cancer patients by chemotherapy were ‘far higher’ than the national average.

Dr. Jem Rashbass, Cancer Lead for Public Health England — the national health care service, which requested the study — said, as quoted by the Telegraph:

“Chemotherapy is a vital part of cancer treatment and is a large reason behind the improved survival rates over the last four decades.

“However, it is powerful medication with significant side effects and often getting the balance right on which patients to treat aggressively can be hard.

“Those hospitals whose death rates are outside the expected range have had the findings shared with them and we have asked them to review their practice and data.”

For the analysis, researchers “included all women with breast cancer and all men and women with lung cancer residing in England, who were 24 years or older and who started a cycle” of chemotherapy in 2014.

Long the mainstay for treating various cancers, chemotherapy has finally drawn criticism in recent years, as the medicine does not differentiate between healthy and cancerous cells. Now, this study — published in the Lancet — shows how that powerful cell-destroying property can mean the demise for patients as well.

Researchers have advised physicians to exercise more caution in vetting which patients should ideally receive chemotherapy. Older and more infirm patients, in particular, might be better off without receiving palliative care, which is designed to offer relief instead of curing the disease.

“The statistics don’t suggest bad practice overall but there are some outliers,” noted Professor David Dodwell of the Institute of Oncology at St. James Hospital in Leeds.

“It could be data problems, and figures skewed because of just a few deaths, but nevertheless it could also be down to problems with clinical practice,” he continued.

“I think it’s important to make patients aware that there are potentially life threatening downsides to chemotherapy. And doctors should be more careful about who they treat with chemotherapy.”

All hospitals involved said they reviewed the information and remain certain chemotherapy is safe — with the caveat patient selection for the treatment may need to be more discretionary.

Professor David Cameron of the Edinburgh Cancer Centre at West General Hospital in Edinburgh, Scotland, noted, “The concern is that with some of the patients dying within 30 days of being given chemo probably shouldn’t have been given the chemo. But how many? There is no easy way to answer that, but perhaps looking at those places/hospitals where the death rate was higher might help.

“Furthermore, if we give less chemo then some patients will die because they didn’t get chemo. It’s a fine balance and the more data we have the better we can be at making sure we get the balance right.”

Meanwhile, doctors in the United States should probably take note, considering the sheer number of patients forced to undergo chemotherapy at the State’s behest despite objections from those patients and their families.

In one example, a 17-year-old diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma decided to seek alternatives to chemotherapy, but her doctors — so inculcated in state and Big Pharma propaganda — contacted family services, who then kidnapped the young adult and placed her in foster care.

She was finally allowed to return home once she agreed to undergo the often debilitating treatment — but ran away once doctors informed her she’d have to endure surgery for the implantation of a chemo port. In an incredible act of Orwellian Big Government, the Supreme Court ruled the State was in the right in this case — and after being kidnapped and forced into treatment against her will, was denied contact with her own family.

As unfathomably invasive as that was, it isn’t isolated.

Alternative treatments do, in fact, exist — the most promising among them for many cancers are various formulations of CBD oil, a cannabis derivative. But, thanks to the phenomenally failed war on drugs, cancer patients in most areas of the U.S. are unable to procure much needed medicine or are forced to receive treatment on the sly — risking time behind bars simply for wanting to cure themselves.

This article (Landmark Study Shows Half of Cancer Patients are Killed by Chemo — NOT Cancer) was originally created and published by The Free Thought Project and is re-posted here with permission.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Yep, my MIL just succumbed a week ago last Sunday from the side affects from Chemo. She was such a sweet person and a tremendous fighter. Chemo is poison after all and it will usually kill you just as dead as the cancer would and yeah, she suffered! Not sure I wouldn't try everything but modern medicine. Their failure rate is enormous even though they rake in billions for 'research' every year. No financial incentive to find a cure so they keep 'researching' and the cash keeps flowing.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I believe it too.
I am losing a friend due to his belief in his doctorS and the chemo tactics they are using on him.
He has been battling his tumors over two years now.
He looked great at the end of this past H.S. football season.
I ran into him at a Funeral three weeks ago.
I believe he will not see this coming football season.
He has went to a walking cane, his skin color is graying, and his breathing is labored. ( I saw these same indicators when my father died. Dad told us he had cancer at our Thanksgiving get-together. By Christmas he was a mere shadow of the man he used to be. I told my wife "We are not going to have him much longer".
We buried him in early February.

RIP Dad and Mom.

I really hate seeing good people die while assholes seem to live forever.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Yep...same happened to my dad. Although either way he probably wouldn’t have lasted long.

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
My daughter in-law has an aunt in California who has terminal cancer. She decided to use diet to fight her cancer. Needless to say her doctors were pissed. She has been on a strict diet for months now. Her tumors have srunken. She didn't want any chemo,surgery,or radiation. My wife's brother-in-law, a retired doctor in his 80's said, first thing you ask the doctors is how many kids does he have in college. $$$$

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Did a summer of chemo and it never bothered me. I was in good shape back then. Busy running my business so I didn't have much time to think about my cancer. I believe attitude helped bigly.

Every time I went to the oncologist I would see someone I knew getting treatment. Even saw an uncle walk out of the treatment room.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My wife's brother-in-law, a retired doctor in his 80's said, first thing you ask the doctors is how many kids does he have in college. $$$$
Yes, Doctors want their children to become as stupid as they are.
My Dad died of cancer/chemo. The chemo took his mind so the end days were awful. Big pharma is the leading cause of dementia.

kiffertom

Seeker
Seeker
i dont think anyone of us knows how much profit there is in chemo for the doctors, hospitals. they send the bill to the the insurance company.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
i dont think anyone of us knows how much profit there is in chemo for the doctors, hospitals. they send the bill to the the insurance company.
My last treatment wasn't covered by insurance because of a lapse in coverage. They offered me a half price pay in cash. Ended up shelling out around 350 American dollars. Not sure if the other half was administrative costs.

I did get to catch a glimpse of the billing screen. Saw numbers. Big numbers. 27 large or so numbers. Didn't have the time to scan whole thing.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My dad got lung cancer and did the chemo thing. He was pretty good on entering, and got through it ok I guess. However, it had already spread and he died in the end of brain cancer, a mess. He did have a brief honeymoon period after the chemo stopped, it lasted about two weeks before quickly going downhill.

I have given this cancer thing much thought, I don't have it, but of course as we get older we think about such things.
At this point, I think I would skip chemo, of course depending on what I actually might have meaning situational. Hopefully I never have to make such a decision.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
There are ways to treat cancer with nutrition, as many foods have cancer fighting ingredients. Raw flaxseed oil, raw apricot kernels, raw turmeric, greens and many others. I think eating those foods as a cancer prevention regimen is a good idea and costs less than health insurance.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Count me in as another one not surprised by this study. I like to think I would avoid most treatment but it is hard to say until I am in those shoes.

I was 17 when I lost my father to lung cancer. He was 44. He did not do chemo but did radiation treatment. I couldn't tell you if it helped or hurt. When he was diagnosed they gave him 6 months, he made it 1 year. He had a great attitude and joked "At least we don't have to worry about Alzheimer's". His attitude probably helped more than anything.

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
"We cured the cancer, but lost the patient."

MDs and BIG Pharma kill exponentially more people than guns and cars every year.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Too much sugar causes high insulin, high insulin causes inflammation. Inflammation is your body trying to protect itself from the sugar and insulin. Once it cant protect any longer, you get T2D, high blood pressure, heart disease, and a lot of other metabolic conditions INCLUDING cancer. It starts with food.

There are ways to treat cancer with nutrition, as many foods have cancer fighting ingredients. Raw flaxseed oil, raw apricot kernels, raw turmeric, greens and many others. I think eating those foods as a cancer prevention regimen is a good idea and costs less than health insurance.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Too much sugar causes high insulin, high insulin causes inflammation. Inflammation is your body trying to protect itself from the sugar and insulin. Once it cant protect any longer, you get T2D, high blood pressure, heart disease, and a lot of other metabolic conditions INCLUDING cancer. It starts with food.
Sugar is the WORST thing a cancer patient can consume. Sugar deprivation has been known to cure cancer.

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
For better than ten years I refused to allow them to biopsy a spot on my right lung. I didn't want to know and just forgot about it. Late last year they found a much larger spot on my left lung. This was really new as I have a CT scan done every year. The wife wanted me to get this one checked out. I've been putting her off on the other one for long enough. So had the biopsy done and sure as morning it came up positive. I also agreed to her wishes to undergo radiation, using the "Cyber Knife". It is a lot of visits, but they use a very narrow focused beam to attempt to cut out the cancer. Need I say it was not a very enjoyable experience.

I never ate a poor diet, my basics blood work, sugar and fat are all in the very good range for a 75 year old. But the genetics are against me in the long run. No male on my fathers side has ever lived to be 75. Every person on my mothers side died of cancer including my mom. So being aware I took real h=good care of myself over the years.

Right now we don't know the results of the treatment. I suppose I will have to do another PET scan in a few months to find out. Personally I don't care either way. I will say that I am slipping rather fast though and really do not expect to live another 6 months. Trying to tie up the loose strings for the wife's sake. She seems to be taking it fairly well, though she might be fooling me.

She is a Luddite so she would never login here and tell y'all if I pass. The only way you might find out is if she remembers to call Vic like I asked her to do if that happens.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
mayhem, You are on my Prayer List brother. Sending Positive Vibes to you too bro.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
For better than ten years I refused to allow them to biopsy a spot on my right lung. I didn't want to know and just forgot about it. Late last year they found a much larger spot on my left lung. This was really new as I have a CT scan done every year. The wife wanted me to get this one checked out. I've been putting her off on the other one for long enough. So had the biopsy done and sure as morning it came up positive. I also agreed to her wishes to undergo radiation, using the "Cyber Knife". It is a lot of visits, but they use a very narrow focused beam to attempt to cut out the cancer. Need I say it was not a very enjoyable experience.

I never ate a poor diet, my basics blood work, sugar and fat are all in the very good range for a 75 year old. But the genetics are against me in the long run. No male on my fathers side has ever lived to be 75. Every person on my mothers side died of cancer including my mom. So being aware I took real h=good care of myself over the years.

Right now we don't know the results of the treatment. I suppose I will have to do another PET scan in a few months to find out. Personally I don't care either way. I will say that I am slipping rather fast though and really do not expect to live another 6 months. Trying to tie up the loose strings for the wife's sake. She seems to be taking it fairly well, though she might be fooling me.

She is a Luddite so she would never login here and tell y'all if I pass. The only way you might find out is if she remembers to call Vic like I asked her to do if that happens.

I am glad you brought up the cyber knife. WHen I was getting my radiation treatments there was an individual there who was getting the cyber knife treatments for an inoperable cancer. I saw him and his wife laughing once afterwards and that made me feel positive regarding the overall quality of the treatments. It has become much more efficient since I was diagnosed and, had I been able to use it, I probably would not have had the radiation induced cancer that I became inflicted with.

CyberKnife® Advantage

Meet the CyberKnife

CyberKnife is an advanced technology that delivers a specialized form of radiation therapy called stereotactic radiosurgery, or stereotactic body radiation therapy. It is comprised of a compact linear accelerator, a machine that generates a radiation beam, attached to a highly maneuverable robotic arm.

During CyberKnife procedures, patients will lie on a treatment table while the machine’s robotic arm moves around their body delivering high doses of radiation directly to their tumor with pinpoint precision minimizing exposure to surrounding healthy tissue. Most treatment sessions typically last 30 – 60 minutes in 5 or fewer treatments depending on the size, shape and location of your tumor.
Good Candidates for CyberKnife

• Medically inoperable or surgically complex tumors, or those who seek an alternative to surgery.
  • Recurrent cancer or metastatic tumors that have spread to other areas of the body from the main tumor site.
  • A high risk of developing complications after surgery.
  • Those who have had prior radiation treatments.
Key Advantages of CyberKnife

• Noninvasive, no incisions, no knife
  • No anesthesia or hospitalization required
  • Five or fewer outpatient treatment sessions
  • Little to no recovery time
  • Allows for an immediate return to daily activities
  • Few side effects and minimal radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding a tumor

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
mayhem, You are on my Prayer List brother. Sending Positive Vibes to you too bro.
Sorry to hear this brother Mayhem. Google "ketogenic diet" if you haven't already. The guy I read about ate nothing but cricket flour, zero carbs, he is now cured but still refuses to eat anything else. Sending positive energy your way.

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter ++

Sorry to hear Mayhem. Praying for good results.