• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Shortages Under Chiden

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Starting a thread so we can give each other a heads up about coming shortages.

Gasoline in my area was $2.00 at the time of the "election," has been at $3.00 most of the year (50% increase), and is now at $3.20.

Costco is limiting toilet paper sales to one per customer, and they are nearly sold out.

Coffee at Costco had been 9.99 for 3 lbs, now its $13.49.

706.jpeg

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
At the local grocery store yesterday the dairy case was mostly empty... no half & half, heavy cream, etc. About 50% on gallons of milk.

Our local Culver's is rationing out plastic lids for the drink cups. They are behind the counter, and you have to ask for one.

Our local Kwik Trip has a sign up saying that they are out of turtle-chokers straws ("back ordered").

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sam's Club is also limiting toilet paper and paper towels. Local Dollar General had pretty empty shelves on TP and PT as well.
We talked to a department/assistant manager at the local big grocery store a little while back...he said that they were generally getting only a portion of the product that they were ordering.

Haven't seen any empty shelves in meat and dairy, but the prices are climbing.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Please state your general area when mentioning shortage etc

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
At the local grocery store yesterday the dairy case was mostly empty... no half & half, heavy cream, etc. About 50% on gallons of milk.

Our local Culver's is rationing out plastic lids for the drink cups. They are behind the counter, and you have to ask for one.

Our local Kwik Trip has a sign up saying that they are out of turtle-chokers straws ("back ordered").

Most of the fast food places around here are drive-through only...inside dining is closed due to lack of staffing. You get straws and lids when you use the drive through. But they all have signs indicating that some products may be periodically unavailable.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Most of the fast food places around here are drive-through only...inside dining is closed due to lack of staffing. You get straws and lids when you use the drive through. But they all have signs indicating that some products may be periodically unavailable.
That is the real shortage. Drove through Northern Iowa a couple weeks ago and only drive-throughs were open because of staffing shortages. The labor shortage is the real shortage.

The other problem is the ports. Has anyone heard any talk about upgrading our ports with this "infrastructure" bill? Seems like that would be a good place to invest taxpayer money.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
if we're thinking like that:

Drivers, Professional Drivers, we need more of those folks....why not train a few thousand of them?

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
if we're thinking like that:

Drivers, Professional Drivers, we need more of those folks....why not train a few thousand of them?
Because we don't WANT these contrived crises to end.

And we don't want those pukey polluting TRUCKS rolling around.

At least, not after Whole Foods is stocked.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Long before the DemoChyna Party took over the nation, the Blue States and FedGov have been waging war on truckers.

Hours of service, which used to be easily complied with (12/12, any way you wanted to work it) are now incredibly farked up, with demands on how long you must stop and what circumstances. Basically it forces drivers to sleep in inconvenient, inappropriate times, like midday after loading all night. Sun's up, sleep is near-impossible. Circadian Rhythms.

Then, the emissions cluster-copulation.

Then, the weight issue. More weight, more pay. Not always directly, but light loads tend not to pay well. The REAL high-paying loads touch the limits of the law - not everyone can get them through without being busted, so being an outlaw trucker pays a premium. Also invites a lot of BS...much the same way as the Double Nickel did, 40 years ago.

Then the reams of onerous regulations about who can be in the truck, how the operating company or shipper must approve a route, about stopping other than at rest areas or truck stops, which are ALWAYS full because CaliAztlan doesn't allow any new truck-stop creation. When I was trucking, 1990-91, the rule was, get it there the best way you know how. If you took a roundabout route, the Operations boys would be asking about your mileage. Paying for the extra fuel, usually satisfied them...which was okay if you were stopping by home or trying to avoid weather that the Company didn't think was a problem but you did.

Back then, your wife, your kids, or a friend or stranger could ride with you. If you picked up a hitchhiker, you were responsible for what came of it; but the act wasn't illegal.

AND, back then, drivers could exercise their Second Amendment rights. Since back then most drivers were smarter than the average bear - businessmen and pirates, both at once - there were relatively few problems.

All that is gone now. Wally World cross-dresser supervisors at Distribution Centers are fearful of guns. Control freaks in Operations offices, want to dictate every turn a truck takes, and know immediately (satellite) if instructions are not complied with. And the hassle has driven the smart people out - now you have IMBECILES driving.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Wally World cross-dresser supervisors at Distribution Centers are fearful of guns. Control freaks in Operations offices, want to dictate every turn a truck takes, and know immediately (satellite) if instructions are not complied with. And the hassle has driven the smart people out - now you have IMBECILES driving.
That's a fact. I've got a brother who just retired from there 2 weeks ago. He was kind of a big nuts in charge of transportation logistics at a regional Wally World distribution center. He'd had enough and at 59 1/2 years old, took his retirement pension and bolted. No coercion or sweetened bennies could entice him to stay. Figured he couldn't stand it even a month longer.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
...that's odd...

in another thread, i posted a story about a 13 million driver shortage..

not to worry, old Buck's worrying again

it seems it's only a few tens of thousands of drivers shortage, not the millions i linked to

well, i'll try harder to find a more truthful narrative next time, but...

how do we really know this 68k is a real number?

...but not to worry,
idk that either

:summer:

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Report today from SNH...

All shelves are full but the prices have gone up a lot since last visit.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Talked to an out of town lady, that occasionally stops by when she is in town. Her husband is a grain broker. On November 8, the US will allow Canadians to enter the US, under strict mandates. Her husband does not think that truck drivers, will be able to cross the border after November 8th. He is not scheduling any drivers to cross the border? Is there something going on?

My concern, is that the northern US obtains propane from Canada. What if trucks carrying propane cannot enter the US? Propane supplies are already low in the US.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Odd stuff not available in western Mass. For example, I eat (used to eat) coconut yogurt every day for breakfast instead of dairy. For two weeks that shelf has been empty. Plenty of toilet paper for now but I still buy a pack every shopping trip and put it in the eaves.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
... Is there something going on?

My concern, is that the northern US obtains propane from Canada. What if trucks carrying propane cannot enter the US? Propane supplies are already low in the US.

If only we had a pipeline...

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Odd stuff not available in western Mass. For example, I eat (used to eat) coconut yogurt every day for breakfast instead of dairy. For two weeks that shelf has been empty. Plenty of toilet paper for now but I still buy a pack every shopping trip and put it in the eaves.
Never heard of coconut yogurt. Is there a big market for it? I'll look for it over in the more western part.

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
Eastern Colorado: Safeway in small town. not a lot of toilet paper, 2.5 gallon drinking waters gone most gallons gone. Other foods all there. Gas here $3,50/gallon.

Went to Panhandle and West Texas for oil trade show. Gas over $3,20. Talked to many in the oil industry. Don't expect the Natural Gas Shortage and prices to go down anytime soon. I almost wish they would stall in order to put more heat on Bidenl

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We’re having a birthday party for my daughters tomorrow and we were going to have a popular restaurant nearby cater chicken tenders. Well, found out just tonight that they ran out of chicken and can’t accommodate our order. They are famous for their chicken tenders, by far their best selling item….

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
This is a good thread. I'm going to have some of my family members join GIM to help them get informed.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Never heard of coconut yogurt. Is there a big market for it? I'll look for it over in the more western part.
I get no added sugar vanilla flavor. Pretty good as a dairy substitute. Keto diet friendly.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
PNW Wal marts are hiding the shortages by re doing the lay out so there is more room but less shelf space so you dont notice the shortages as much.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Had to go to Macy's yesterday to buy some suit pants. Very little inventory in all departments. Very little staff. Mall is a ghost town.

Its two months until Christmas and you would think they were going out of business. Maybe they are.

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
All restaurants are under staffed in my area. They are also closed a few days a week because of this.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Instant coffee (Nescafe) jumped over a buck a jar.
Everything was higher my last trip to the store.
Walmart here has boxes that are covered in wrapping paper, they put those on the empty shelves so you don't notice. I noticed.
Frozen hash brown patties are often out of stock, and frozen sausage patties (breakfast) in the large cheaper size are often out of stock except for the maple flavor, which tastes bad.

Help wanted everywhere. Due to prices, never mind the health thing, I don't do fast food anymore. We used to get an occasional treat. No more.

Fort Knox area.

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
Yeah, help wanted signs are all over the place here too. Fast food joints are offering $17/hr starting pay

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
Many of these supply chain shortages are caused by Globalization. In 1970, just about everything we used was made in USA except some of the oil. If we had fuel efficient vehicles then as we do now we wouldn't have needed any Arab oil.

Using the National Guard? Biden wants to. Not good.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Local Target, well-to-do area. In addition to being out of lots food products, the clothing section was disheveled big time with the shoe section having shoes out of their boxes and put back on the shelves haphazard. Clothes put back on their displays unfolded, like dirty laundry. Lots of shirts, socks, underwear lying on the aisle floors. No employees around. It's never like this.

ToBeSelfEvident

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Costco had nothing but Kirkland TP in the paper goods. No napkins, paper towels, or other TP brands. There must've been 3000 cases there...and lots of signs saying LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We recently got a new kitten and I stopped at Petco to get some food for it. The store was chaos, hardly anything, that was actually on the shelves, was on there correctly/neatly. All types of food was just sitting in the aisle on wheeled carts still shrink wrapped. Not enough workers to actually stock shelves I guess.
Grovery stores have still had enough items and workers around here it seems, but maybe issues there are coming next…..

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Many of these supply chain shortages are caused by Globalization. In 1970, just about everything we used was made in USA except some of the oil. If we had fuel efficient vehicles then as we do now we wouldn't have needed any Arab oil.
Well, if we drilled for oil now, as we were doing five years ago...we'd not need Arab oil.

This is a man-made crisis. It's what Xiden's puppetmasters WANT.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1635347973024.png

Lesko Brandon

Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Coconut yogurt. Never heard of it. And I have coconuts raining down all over my spread... I wonder how they gin up the yogurt mix?

I checked. Hoo-BOY. I don't dare. My cholesterol would give me Blood Type => Ragu. I would have to mix heavy cream with the coconut milk. The stuff in the cans they use is made thataway.

Gonna haveta keep chunkin' them coconuts into the woods. <-- I've got more than a dozen coconut palms growing in the woods across the street. cool:

I don't even use my coconuts to make Islamorada Coladas. MySonTheDoctor showed me a list of cholesterol-loaded stuff. Guess what is tippy-top absolute reigning champeen of cholesterol?

Yuppers: Coconut. Which I love.

The worst thing known to Man to eat vis-a-vis cholesterol. (There hadda be sumpin' that's on top... and this is it.)

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Coconut yogurt. Never heard of it. And I have coconuts raining down all over my spread... I wonder how they gin up the yogurt mix?

I checked. Hoo-BOY. I don't dare. My cholesterol would give me Blood Type => Ragu. I would have to mix heavy cream with the coconut milk. The stuff in the cans they use is made thataway.

Gonna haveta keep chunkin' them coconuts into the woods. <-- I've got more than a dozen coconut palms growing in the woods across the street. cool:

I don't even use my coconuts to make Islamorada Coladas. MySonTheDoctor showed me a list of cholesterol-loaded stuff. Guess what is tippy-top absolute reigning champeen of cholesterol?

Yuppers: Coconut. Which I love.

The worst thing known to Man to eat vis-a-vis cholesterol. (There hadda be sumpin' that's on top... and this is it.)

Coconut's are fantastic for you. I just started Taking MCT oil (made from coconut oil) which is all medium chain triglycerides. Gives lots of benefits but definitely even gives me a cognitive boost. I'm also using the oil to make toothpaste and some other things. Cholesterol really isn't that bad for you, that's very outdated thinking. Too bad I don't like the taste, well really the texture, yuk.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Spray paint. Of all the weird things for our Walmart to be out of it's rattle cans. Other than that not much shortages, but my gawd the prices have skyrocketed. Tack $50-75 on to each trip to the store from now on, if not more.