• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

SHTF.. what does it mean to you?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
^^^^^^^
There it is

I didn't mention that there is a possum or three living in my Little House (outdoor shed I built in the back outa sight). I leave scraps for them when I have some.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
^^^^^^^
There it is

I didn't mention that there is a possum or three living in my Little House (outdoor shed I built in the back outa sight). I leave scraps for them when I have some.
how kind of you :) I think possums get blamed for a lot of thing they don't do. People have no idea how smart they really are.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Add to that the new sense of entitlement most young people have where they expect to be supported. Violence will come quickly. :(

Yeah, and places like Wally World will become big box wastelands.

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
that happened in some cities already in celebration of George Floyd.. lol Can you imagine when people are hungry!Violence will come quickly. :(

I'm really looking forward to having a ringside seat to watch the spectacular and fiery destruction of the American liberal cities. That's where 99% of the people who have contributed to our country's destruction reside and I'm going to enjoy watching them face the Karma they so richly deserve!

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
LOL... I feel the same way about possums. I rehabbed them for years and ended up keeping three as pets that were too injured to be let go. They are actually easy to rehab and do well when released. They are very misunderstood critters. The ones we kept became domestic very quickly but then we had them from near birth. They were easy to housebreak using a crate.. They just feel in line with the rest of the family's pets. They are actually gentle, affectionate and protective of their humans. Personality is somewhere between a cat and dog. They loved my kids and used to hang with them. We never had a bite in all the years of rehabbing them.
You are turning my head around on possums. I would have never thought of them as a pet, only a pest !!

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You are turning my head around on possums. I would have never thought of them as a pet, only a pest !!
You did it now ....well since you mentioned it :) here are some interesting facts. Possums do not get rabies. Theoretically any warm blooded mammal can but it is very rare for them. They were being studied to see why they seem immune to rabies. Perhaps their low body temperature. Metabolically they are odd critters and keeping them in captivity causes them to be very picky eaters and they can quickly become fat if they do find a food they like. When I had mine information was scarce on how to keep them healthy because there are very specific in vitamin D and calcium needs. Now there is lots of info I would have loved back in the day. I had no idea they would bond to humans like they do but all of mine were very devoted and affectionate. When the girls were little I used to take them to the school and do possum education for the classes. These days that could never happen. One of the little guys was so sweet I used to take him to the nursing homes when we took out Therapy Dogs to visit. Losing them is like losing a treasured pet. I get really upset when people make no effort to not hit them. They are not dumb just blinded by headlights. Here is two of my little keepers. They actually have pretty faces just don't look at the tail..

zzzzzz.jpg
qqqq.jpg

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You are certainly changing my view of the big "rats" ! :finished:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Biggest prep: go get an iPad and a 72" TV. When TSHTF, you'll have plenty of entertainment. (kidding, kidding)

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Theoretically any warm blooded mammal can but it is very rare for them. They were being studied to see why they seem immune to rabies.
Technically they are marsupials and that may be a reason they resist rabies. IRDK just a WAG.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
You are certainly changing my view of the big "rats" ! :finished:
Rats kicked opossums out of the club. They could not run and ate all the pre-"tenderized' food.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Rats kicked opossums out of the club. They could not run and ate all the pre-"tenderized' food.
LOL, as you pointed out they are marsupials. They are NOT rats . People have a hard time getting past their tails. None of my possums ever hung from their tails. To be honest they were too fat. Not horrible fat but that tail hanging is for the skinny ones. I only ever saw mine play dead once. A friend brought her dog over and it surprised my possum and he fell over and played dead for a while. They are entertaining.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
LOL, as you pointed out they are marsupials. They are NOT rats . People have a hard time getting past their tails. None of my possums ever hung from their tails. To be honest they were too fat. Not horrible fat but that tail hanging is for the skinny ones. I only ever saw mine play dead once. A friend brought her dog over and it surprised my possum and he fell over and played dead for a while. They are entertaining.
Don't kick me out. I'm learn'n. :2 thumbs up:

I love animals, just some more than others. :finished:

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I love animals, just some more than others.
Some are great, some don't help us directly, but keep the system going. Some are vermin, but feed the predators. And some need to face the flamethrower.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Don't kick me out. I'm learn'n. :2 thumbs up:

I love animals, just some more than others. :finished:
I, for one, LOVE tasty animals....just sayin' :gracious:

1622938718724.png

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, I just got a taste of a SHTF incident.
The main travel route North and South thru Kentucky is I-75. At the Southern border of Fayette Co. & Northern border of Madison Co. is created by the Kentucky River. Today Northbound I-75 was stopped at the Clay's Ferry Bridge. A monster bridge (3 lanes each way) that replaced three former bridges. According to Ky. information the delay Northbound was 177 mins (3 hrs + Actually).
Once I realized I was entering a traffic jam that was at complete standstill. I took "DaLaw" into my own hands and did a Emergency Turn back into the South bound lanes where traffiuc was moving smoothly. I enter in a safe spacing squealing and pealing those All-Terrain Tires as only a 5.7 Hemi can, and got off I-75 at the closet exit. I went to Old 25 ( which I-75 replaced from Detroit to Florida) where there is a ferry crossing and the Old 25 single lane blue bridge w/ a grated steel road surface.
I missed my turn to the ferry crossing but at the time traffic was heavy but moving on Old 25 so I proceeded to the blue single lane bridge. Another mile or two down the road I run into the back end of the traffic that had the same idea I had. The problem, people directing traffic sent big semi-tractors with trailers onto the same road w/o thinking about the single lane bridge 5 miles down the road. While stuck, a UPS semi passed me in REVERSE backing up the cliffside, snaky road slowly. Slow enough his team driver was walking in front of the rear of the trailer making sure us Northbound folks were well in our single lane. ( I beginning to wish I had not missed that turn to the ferry crossing as that is truly a local well kept secret). Finally I got across the single lane bridge. Drive clear for a mile and a half and back into a jam point again.
Cars and trucks on the shoulders some ran out of gas, some bumped and think they need to wait for "John Law" to take an Accident Report ( when the closest cop a mile away is preventing vehicles from going downing the entrance way to the Interstate, and will not leave his post.
Anyway what normally is a 25 minute drive ends up being a 4 hour experience into The Twilight Zone sans Rod Sterling and Vic Morrow.
All the time I was thinking "This is what mass evacuation will be like when TSHTF".

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The main travel route North and South thru Kentucky is I-75. At the Southern border of Fayette Co. & Northern border of Madison Co. is created by the Kentucky River. Today Northbound I-75 was stopped at the Clay's Ferry Bridge. A monster bridge (3 lanes each way) that replaced three former bridges. According to Ky. information the delay Northbound was 177 mins (3 hrs + Actually).
Once I realized I was entering a traffic jam that was at complete standstill. I took "DaLaw" into my own hands and did a Emergency Turn back into the South bound lanes where traffiuc was moving smoothly. I enter in a safe spacing squealing and pealing those All-Terrain Tires as only a 5.7 Hemi can, and got off I-75 at the closet exit. I went to Old 25 ( which I-75 replaced from Detroit to Florida) where there is a ferry crossing and the Old 25 single lane blue bridge w/ a grated steel road surface.
I missed my turn to the ferry crossing but at the time traffic was heavy but moving on Old 25 so I proceeded to the blue single lane bridge. Another mile or two down the road I run into the back end of the traffic that had the same idea I had. The problem, people directing traffic sent big semi-tractors with trailers onto the same road w/o thinking about the single lane bridge 5 miles down the road. While stuck, a UPS semi passed me in REVERSE backing up the cliffside, snaky road slowly. Slow enough his team driver was walking in front of the rear of the trailer making sure us Northbound folks were well in our single lane. ( I beginning to wish I had not missed that turn to the ferry crossing as that is truly a local well kept secret). Finally I got across the single lane bridge. Drive clear for a mile and a half and back into a jam point again.
Cars and trucks on the shoulders some ran out of gas, some bumped and think they need to wait for "John Law" to take an Accident Report ( when the closest cop a mile away is preventing vehicles from going downing the entrance way to the Interstate, and will not leave his post.
Anyway what normally is a 25 minute drive ends up being a 4 hour experience into The Twilight Zone sans Rod Sterling and Vic Morrow.
All the time I was thinking "This is what mass evacuation will be like when TSHTF".
A mass exodus would probably see people leaving their vehicles. Then nobody goes anywhere.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Last edited:

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Am I the only one?...I read this, and started whistling the riff from "Dueling Banjos."
I'm born and raised in Kentucky, sounds normal to me.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They loved my kids and used to hang with them. We never had a bite in all the years of rehabbing them.
I have always said "You get from an animal, what you put into them". You have just taken me into another level ! LOLOLOLOL

My last 3 pets, in order:
1. A 113 lb female Doberman. She was the biggest love machine that ever walked this planet.

Speak softly but carry a big stick

SPEAK SOFTLY, BUT CARRY A BIG STICK.jpg

OOOPs, this should be better

TAEZZAR & BABY'S.JPG

2. A Canada Honker, we found as a little "tennis ball". We raised him into one of the most entertaining animals I ever knew.

Joe, hanging out with Taezzar
JOE & TAEZZAR HAVINF A CHAT.JPG

Joe strutting his stuff
JOE STRUTTING.jpg

Joe, calling on Mom
Joe calling on Mom.jpg

3. And "Shithead" our lovely Macaw that NOBODY wanted. He was called incorrigible & therefore rejected by many families. Being very familiar with Macaws, I took him on ! At 27 years old & abused, he was a handful, at times a BLOODY handful ! BUT, he came around !

Genie loving a massage
1622951398885.png

Genie trying to run off a buck.
jeannie & buck.JPG

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to having a ringside seat to watch the spectacular and fiery destruction of the American liberal cities. That's where 99% of the people who have contributed to our country's destruction reside and I'm going to enjoy watching them face the Karma they so richly deserve!
I think you may be blaming the wrong people. The truly guilty are a small number and they will likely emerge unscathed from the destruction of our cities should that come to pass.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I have always said "You get from an animal, what you put into them". You have just taken me into another level ! LOLOLOLOL

1. A 113 lb female Doberman. She was the biggest love machine that ever walked this planet.
Look at your menagerie. What a crew. Your Doberman looks like a big baby. It looks like she understands the rules of not harming the birds. Animals really are Gods gift to humans. I have always thought they were way nicer than people. The macaw is very interesting. Except for the Emu that took up residence at my house I have never dealt with birds. He is beautiful. Don't they live a really long time? Will your kids take him if he outlives you and your wife? My kids won't get my money unless they take my cat.. cool:

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I just watched an interesting youtube on this. It made sense. It said depending on the type of SHTF scenario most people are emotionally frozen the first 24 hours. It said unless you are not planning on riding it out where you are to move quickly because by the next day everyone else will and the roads will be gridlocks. He also said by day three gangs are organized and it gets more dangerous. My daughter was just telling me everyday seems like the Twilight Zone now.

Last edited:

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I think you may be blaming the wrong people. The truly guilty are a small number and they will likely emerge unscathed from the destruction of our cities should that come to pass.
yes and no... There are lots of innocents that will be caught up in this and sadly they will pay the price along with the people who perpetuated it. In Ashville NC the liberals demanded the police be defunded and so they have been to a big degree. They just sent out a big list of things that they will no longer respond to and don't bother calling. The criminal element loves this. Basically they have been given carte blanche to run wild now in many cities. Personally I will get no joy out of seeing anyone suffer. Not only that but when these people mass exodus guess where they will be coming? Our way.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sad Prologue to my post yesterday:

Updated: Two adults and four children dead after crash on I-75 in Lexington​

By : Karla Ward "... Six people, four of them children, died in a crash involving a driver going the wrong way on Interstate 75 Saturday afternoon.
The head-on collision was reported at mile marker 102.6 in southern Fayette County just before 12:30 p.m.
Lexington police said a 38-year-old woman was driving a dark passenger car southbound in the northbound lanes of I-75 when she crashed into a white passenger car.

The 30-year-old driver of the white vehicle and four children who were riding in it all died, as did the woman driving the dark passenger car, police said in a news release Saturday night.
Police said the woman driving the wrong way died at the scene, as did a child who was found in the front passenger seat of the white car.
The driver of the white car and other three children in it were all taken by ambulances to a local hospital, where they also died, police said.
The names of the people involved in the crash had not been released by the Fayette County coroner’s office as of Saturday night.
Police said they were responding to call at 12:23 p.m. in which the caller reported that a dark passenger car had gotten on the interstate at the 104 mile marker, which is the Athens exit in Lexington, going the wrong way.
“Before officers could locate the vehicle, an update was provided that a head-on collision had occurred,” police said in the news release.

Police shut down northbound lanes of I-75 near the Clays Ferry Bridge after the collision. The road had reopened by about 4:45 p.m."....
More Here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/local...icle251923178.html#storylink=sectionheadlines

Rest in Peace. Prays to those and those left behind.

SAD.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
It goes thisaway:

*IF* they had big, fluffy tails... they'd be a very popular house pet.

Lookit -- evil, ugly rat:

1622905270738.png

Cuddly squirrel (same animal, but with disguised tail):

1622905375946.png

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sad Prologue to my post yesterday:

Updated: Two adults and four children dead after crash on I-75 in Lexington​

By : Karla Ward "... Six people, four of them children, died in a crash involving a driver going the wrong way on Interstate 75 Saturday afternoon.
The head-on collision was reported at mile marker 102.6 in southern Fayette County just before 12:30 p.m.
Lexington police said a 38-year-old woman was driving a dark passenger car southbound in the northbound lanes of I-75 when she crashed into a white passenger car.

The 30-year-old driver of the white vehicle and four children who were riding in it all died, as did the woman driving the dark passenger car, police said in a news release Saturday night.
Police said the woman driving the wrong way died at the scene, as did a child who was found in the front passenger seat of the white car.
The driver of the white car and other three children in it were all taken by ambulances to a local hospital, where they also died, police said.
The names of the people involved in the crash had not been released by the Fayette County coroner’s office as of Saturday night.
Police said they were responding to call at 12:23 p.m. in which the caller reported that a dark passenger car had gotten on the interstate at the 104 mile marker, which is the Athens exit in Lexington, going the wrong way.
“Before officers could locate the vehicle, an update was provided that a head-on collision had occurred,” police said in the news release.

Police shut down northbound lanes of I-75 near the Clays Ferry Bridge after the collision. The road had reopened by about 4:45 p.m."....
More Here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/local...icle251923178.html#storylink=sectionheadlines

Rest in Peace. Prays to those and those left behind.

SAD.
Sad indeed. One minute they're here, then poof.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I absently left my garage door open one night, when I went to "open" it (in the early moanin' dark) the loud noise of the door scared one of the local possums that had been exploring, and it fell over dead.

So I picked him up and put him in the bushes. After about ten minutes, he was reincarnated.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It goes thisaway:

*IF* they had big, fluffy tails... they'd be a very popular house pet.

Lookit -- evil, ugly rat:

View attachment 212871

Cuddly squirrel (same animal, but with disguised tail):

View attachment 212872
oh those tails.. people would always comment how cute they were except the tail. It is actually really interesting and had little scales on it. I also learned when you draw blood from a possum you do it on a dorsal vein on the tail.

Last edited:

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I absently left my garage door open one night, when I went to "open" it (in the early moanin' dark) the loud noise of the door scared one of the local possums that had been exploring, and it fell over dead.

So I picked him up and put him in the bushes. After about ten minutes, he was reincarnated.
it is really funny to watch. Mine were very entertaining.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Speak softly but carry a big stick

View attachment 212973
OOOPs, this should be better

View attachment 212974

2. A Canada Honker, we found as a little "tennis ball". We raised him into one of the most entertaining animals I ever knew.

Joe, hanging out with Taezzar
View attachment 212972

Joe strutting his stuff
View attachment 212975

Joe, calling on Mom
View attachment 212978
3. And "Shithead" our lovely Macaw that NOBODY wanted. He was called incorrigible & therefore rejected by many families. Being very familiar with Macaws, I took him on ! At 27 years old & abused, he was a handful, at times a BLOODY handful ! BUT, he came around !

Genie loving a massage
View attachment 212970
Genie trying to run off a buck.
View attachment 212977
You are one helluva guy, T.

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, those big dogs...............we had a crew out 3 yrs ago to reseal a bunch of grain bins we use for storage, a few were colored. If i can be so bold................the colored ive been around are scared shitless of dogs they percieve to be aggressive and these big white bruisers will keep em in the vehicle. Nobody fucks around my place, 2 or 4 legged. Nobody has even been bit or mauled.

Our new pup (well, 2 now) is a mastiff/Bernese cross we call Yeti, he's about 150 lbs. I am constantly amazed by his intelligence and willingness to learn, soak up anything I teach him. We've always had difficult dogs, KBDs (Karelian Bear Dogs) are spitz type (chow, akita, husky) and notorious for not caring what you want. They run away when you call them, like "my asshole doesn't have ears, save your breath"
But this dog, he listens and learns and reads body language, tone of voice, like I've never seen. I have him working entirely on hand commands, he understand the voice commands but I can control him with a flick of my fingers, he's that smart and eager to learn. What a pleasure. Didn't know dogs could be like that. And nobody I mean nobody enters the yard LOL

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Breeds like your's and others like Dobermans have a genetic trait to attached to one person and tolerate the remaining family members. Not uncommon for the dog to attach to a family member of the opposite sex, or the "primary care giver" ( who feeds and plays with them the most).
Sound you got a real intelligent dog and he knows you are the BOSS (at least for him anyway).
I hope you get a good long healthy life with him.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Great Line " There he is".

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
He is beautiful. Don't they live a really long time? Will your kids take him if he outlives you and your wife? My kids won't get my money unless they take my cat.. cool:
Oh, Thank You, we spoil him in every way.
Macaws live 50/80 years in the wild & up to 100 in captivity. We call him "The child that never leaves home" LOLOLOLOL.
My son has had one & had to give it away. He gets along well with Genie & would probably take him.
Well, I hope you out live a your cat, even with 9 lives, they only live 15/20 years ! :finished::2 thumbs up:

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Valley View Ferry (1)_resized.jpg

That would be the Valley View Ferry. An interesting place to cross the river.

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Silver Miner
Reaction score
yes and no... There are lots of innocents that will be caught up in this and sadly they will pay the price along with the people who perpetuated it. In Ashville NC the liberals demanded the police be defunded and so they have been to a big degree. They just sent out a big list of things that they will no longer respond to and don't bother calling. The criminal element loves this. Basically they have been given carte blanche to run wild now in many cities. Personally I will get no joy out of seeing anyone suffer. Not only that but when these people mass exodus guess where they will be coming? Our way.
Yes and no...

There are indeed too many criminals and thugs in our cities. But they are not the authors of what has happened. In many ways they are the greatest victims. Deprived of their fathers and of God, provided with no education, and taught to blame others rather than hold themselves accountable for their own mistakes they have little chance to become useful, productive and honest citizens. That does not mean we should not hold them accountable for their actions; we must, or society collapses. But we should feel pity and sympathy for them too.

And the there are the fools who, while not criminal, buy into the progressive agenda, not realizing that they are working towards the collapse of society and their own enslavement. They have been indoctrinated since a very young age, and their "crime" in many cases is merely not being smart enough to see through the lies.

The truly guilty are the handful of masterminds, and their circles of lieutenants and managers. The folks who have no thought but their own gain - from the Rockefellers and Rothschilds to bankers, CEOs and corporate hierarchies, politicians and top bureaucrats, journalists, prosecutors, and religious leaders all the way down to school board representatives.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Deprived of fathers, provided with government indoctrination no education, and taught to blame others rather than hold themselves accountable for their own mistakes they have little chance to become useful, productive and honest citizens.
I totally agree with everything you say, with one correction, shown above. :holding hands: :2 thumbs up: