• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Silencers / Suppressors

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Deleted my posts. Way too many posts, vids & threads.

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
A Ruger MK II can be made very quiet, I think.
I will know more if/when H.R. 327, the Hearing Protection Act. (suppressor) clears.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If I had to do a "job" I wouldn't go without a suppressor.
A pillow suppresses.
AND
Need of Sub-Sonic Ammo

Does anybody know if "cans" the military uses on 5.56 and greater super sonic ammo weapons will be LEGAL ?

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Dear Abby,

Ok , {let me see how I can word this} OK, you guys are country?

Say I know someone who lives in a big city {obamaville} and HE is looking for the best suppressor that can be concealed, in say, a good size vest pocket where he could open fire right through the down vest without having to pull the weapon out in public? {Not sure if that makes sense, but I think you know what I mean}

Something that would make a short Ruger 9mm TOTALLY SILENT? say??

Signed,

Just Curious.

PSS~ {This guy doesn't want to go out like Ponce did}:chef: Boom, there it is!:chef:

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Still waiting for hearing protection act and nationwide carry
There is some movement occurring in Washington. Email your congressman or woman to support HR3668.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
You guys need help

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Important Hearing Protection Act Update!
by S.H. Blannelberry on June 15, 2017
Related Tags: Accessories, Buzz, R2KBA, Suppressors

The Nighthawk GRP Recon is designed to provide shooters with a tactical-grade 1911 capable of accepting weaponlights such as this Surefire X300 Ultra. The .45 ACP pistol shown equipped with a match-grade threaded barrel topped off with a GEMTECH GM-45 suppressor. Read full review.

What’s going on with the Hearing Protection Act???

Good question. Well, we got news this week from the American Suppressor Association that key components of the HPA were being rolled into a larger piece of legislation known as the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act.

The SHARE Act was scheduled to go before the Federal Lands Subcommittee Wednesday — that was until there was a shooting at a GOP congressional baseball practice that left five people wounded, including Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA), the Majority Whip in the U.S. House of Representatives.

House Natural Resources Federal Lands Subcommittee spokeswoman Molly Block told CNN that the hearing on the SHARE Act will be canceled until further notice.

That stinks, but is understandable.

However, moving forward, when the SHARE Act does go before the subcommittee, it will include under Title XVII, all of the following provisions:

• Sec. 1702: Removing suppressors from the National Firearms Act, subjecting them to the same instant NICS background check as long guns, and issuing a refundable tax credit to anyone who has purchased a suppressor since the HPA’s original date of introduction
  • Sec. 1703: Ensuring that suppressors will remain legal in all 42 states where they are currently legal, after suppressors are removed from the National Firearms Act
  • Sec. 1704: Preempting states from levying taxes or registration requirements on suppressors. However, this will not make suppressors legal in any state where state law currently prohibits them.
  • Sec. 1705: Granting the ATF 365 days to destroy all suppressor related records from the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR)
  • Sec. 1706: Developing a “keystone part” definition, and requiring that such keystone part is serialized on every suppressor. This will ensure that individual suppressor parts, like pistons and endcaps, will not require serialization.
  • Sec. 1707: Imposing a 10% Pittman-Robertson excise tax on the manufacture of each new suppressor, a tax that is currently imposed on all Title I firearms
Aside from the excise tax, which let’s face it, there’s no chance that goes away, those are all great moves!

“The inclusion of the Hearing Protection Act in the sportsmen’s package highlights the commitment of the Sportsmen’s Caucus to make the hunting and recreational shooting experiences safer and more enjoyable for all,” said Knox Williams, President and Executive Director of the American Suppressor Association.

“We know for a fact that exposure to noise from recreational firearms is one of the leading causes of hearing loss, which is why the CDC, NIOSH, and the National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA) have all recommended using suppressors as a tool to mitigate the danger,” continued Williams. “We look forward to working with the Sportsmen’s Caucus to make this legislation a reality.”

SEE ALSO: This New York Senator Has Vowed to Kill the Hearing Protection Act
We’ll have to keep a close eye on the progress of the SHARE Act, which in addition to having the HPA language has provisions related to guns, hunting, shooting sports and the outdoors. No doubt it would be a big win for 2A supporters to have it clear Congress and land on president Trump’s desk. But there’s a long, long road ahead and many adversaries standing in its way.

“As Americans mark one year since the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando – the worst mass shooting in our nation’s history – the gun lobby is trying to sneak a dangerous provision through Congress to make it easier for dangerous people to buy silencers,” said a statement from Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Gun Sense in America. “This provision would profit gun manufacturers while making law enforcement’s job more difficult and potentially making mass shootings even more deadly.”

See what I mean? Keep your fingers crossed

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Guess theres no hope for the hearing protection act to pass now or even be voted on.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Guess we can flush the hearing protection act down the drain, always can use the old oil filter silencer

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I LIKE IT !!!!!!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This guy might know something, but he does not know the proper way to write the date. At 8:00 he ridicules the Europeans, so do I, BUT not on this, for being "backwards" concerning a date written 14/5/71. This is the way EVERYONE on earth does it, but us, even our military writes day/month/year, it is the proper sequence. I made missile drawings for many years & learned the right way to display a date. It is interesting, the remarks I get, until I explain that day/month/year is really the correct way.
You might call this nit picking, but he started it !!! :winks2:

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
The only reason the military does it is NATO.

LoL my first job task as an engineer was converting our engineering drawings from metric to US Standard so that the hillbillies out in the floor didn't shit kittens

I sent out a job packet one afternoon with the engineering drawings and it wasn't 2p minutes before Pc/Qc, the Floor manager, the floor supervisor, and the lead setup man came stomping in my direction mostly less than amused......

Screw the eurofags, I don't give a fuck what they do or why.

Telephone numbers are written (555) 867-5309

Dates are written month/day/year

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Dates are written month/day/year
When I was doing engineering drawing on missiles, Minuteman, TOW & Shillelagh, it was Day, Month Year, the proper sequence. I still do it & it screws with people's minds !!
BTW, we are the only country, that I know of, that does it out of sequence. Pretty stupid in my book !

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The logical sequence would be year, month and day, consistent with the sequence of distinctions the reader would draw.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The logical sequence would be year, month and day, consistent with the sequence of distinctions the reader would draw.
Yes !! better yet !

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
And, I used to screw with army people by doing it my way.

I don't care how it's done in eurofagonia.

Pretty retarded to copy them if you ask me